When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why Joshua (perfect clones) and Andrew (trusty time) are bad for rep collectors

Chronus

I believe that some dealers rename themselves, after getting a tarnished image or just not being allowed to sell on certain forums. one dealer reminds me a lot of king, and I noticed that king's site is down now... but it's probably just one of those temporary server errors I'm not sure.

When I got into this, the prices were a lot more fair and the quality, primarily of rolex, seemed to be a bit better for very cheap watches except for the submariner which was worse. Now it seems like everything's circling around submariners.

Also I've seen quality take a dive on omegas which have jacked up prices.

• 1 year later...
Andrews customer service is superb, I couldn't be happier, ordered 2 PO (one 42.5mm version & a UPO 'lite'), the UPO had a problem where the seconds hand would stop @ the 10 o'clock position, talked to Andrew and will pay for the repair from my local watch-smith ($30 total), both PO's run great now (42.5mm came ticking since it arrived :D - It's a gift btw, so friggin hard to give away after seeing it!), the UPO has no aesthetic problems, it's an excellent rep, and I couldn't be happier!

BTW - watches arrived in 4 days after being shipped, if that's not fast, then I don't know what it is!

Andrew replied VERY fast, usually 5-10 min after sending the email.

So as soon as THAT kind of service keeps up, I'm buying from them, of course, also as long as they don't increase prices out of the blue 'just because'... :p

That's great. For you. How about the other people who got totally screwed because they bought something expecting it to be something, but wound up with something else? Or who paid for a watch to be serviced, but received one that was untouched? The point of these threads, as several people have said, is to look beyond your own experiences, and consider what has happened to others as well, and consider what is best for the community as a whole :)

I'm terribly sorry for bumping this ooooooooold thread, however, it's 4am and this post popped into my mind, and I own Tee-Jay a very long overdue apology... that was the noob I was before and I'm sorry for ever posting that about Andrew, it was really ignorant of me [i mean come on, if you check my first posts I didn't even know what 'AD' meant nor the difference between a UPO 'lite' and one with an ETA movement inside! :mellow: ]...

So Tee-Jay sorry about that ol' bud! A long overdue apology, may this get buried in the past as one of the biggest mistakes I've posted [the positive Andrew comment, specially the part where I mention "So as soon as THAT kind of service keeps up, I'm buying from them" oh God I still can't believe I posted that... <_< ]. B)

Rock on my friend! :)

I'm terribly sorry for bumping this ooooooooold thread, however, it's 4am and this post popped into my mind, and I own Tee-Jay a very long overdue apology... that was the noob I was before and I'm sorry for ever posting that about Andrew, it was really ignorant of me [i mean come on, if you check my first posts I didn't even know what 'AD' meant nor the difference between a UPO 'lite' and one with an ETA movement inside! :mellow: ]...

So Tee-Jay sorry about that ol' bud! A long overdue apology, may this get buried in the past as one of the biggest mistakes I've posted [the positive Andrew comment, specially the part where I mention "So as soon as THAT kind of service keeps up, I'm buying from them" oh God I still can't believe I posted that... <_< ]. B)

Rock on my friend! :)

No problem, bro :) The truth always comes out in the end ;) As far as I'm concerned, No harm, no foul :):drunk: