When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica of new Girard-Perregaux Tourbillon?

Geeksterward

I see a new watch which will be offered by Girard-Perregaux. It will be a vintage 1945 Jackpot Tourbillon with miniature gaming function and the Caliber GPFAY08 created specifically for this watch. The Wynn Las Vegas will be the only retailer in the US selling this watch and the suggested retail price will be $563,750.

The gaming function is an operating slot machine the a pull handle on the right. Three spinning wheels with gaming symbols are featured.

The watch is described and shown in the August 2007 issue of InSync Magazine. I really love this watch, but the retail price may be an obstacle for me.

I might be able to afford a replica if someone can be talked into making one... ;-)

I have enough trouble pulling off a $5000 Rolex

Well, I used to feel this way after I purchased my full gold rep daydate. The fact of the matter is, at least as I have discovered, very few people actually notice the watch you are wearing. Those who do notice, often accidentally glance on the word "Rolex". The average person does not know the difference between this and that Rolex. To them, rolex is "the most expensive and sought after watch." It's a sad reality, but even if I wore a genuine Girrard Perrewhateverthefu-- nobody would recognize the brand as a luxury item. Now, if the watch has a roulette or slot machine, people will think its neat regardless of the name.

I walk down the streets proudly wearing the below pictured $1,000,000+ watch and have received complements about its appearance on several occasions. No person whom I know has any idea what a "Patek philippe" is... and if they did, they could easily tell it is a fake. I wear it because it is a fun looking piece that indicates all of the calendar features I almost always forget....

mdsc05996hp6.jpg

Well, I used to feel this way after I purchased my full gold rep daydate. The fact of the matter is, at least as I have discovered, very few people actually notice the watch you are wearing. Those who do notice, often accidentally glance on the word "Rolex". The average person does not know the difference between this and that Rolex. To them, rolex is "the most expensive and sought after watch." It's a sad reality, but even if I wore a genuine Girrard Perrewhateverthefu-- nobody would recognize the brand as a luxury item. Now, if the watch has a roulette or slot machine, people will think its neat regardless of the name.

I walk down the streets proudly wearing the below pictured $1,000,000+ watch and have received complements about its appearance on several occasions. No person whom I know has any idea what a "Patek philippe" is... and if they did, they could easily tell it is a fake. I wear it because it is a fun looking piece that indicates all of the calendar features I almost always forget....

mdsc05996hp6.jpg

Very well said Corgi - I second your sentiments - Cheers :thumbsupsmileyanim: