When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Swiss Made" jumps around on Gen LVs?, See my links to what looks like gen swiss comparison Options

Thor

Why does it apear that "Swiss Made" seems to jump around on the LVs?

Notice in the first link that the "Swiss Made" is not over the 28th and 32nd tick mark.

Link to 1st LV

This one must be a fake, the 28th and 32nd are full length and no etched crown, but the bezel looks Gen:

Link to 2nd LV

Yet in this one, "Swiss Made" is over the 28th and 32nd marks, and so is the one on Rolex's website.

Link to 3rd LV

Also this one:

Link to 4th LV

I take it the first two are fakes? But the first one looks stunning, bezel font is precise, to me it looks gen, but I'm no expert. I notice this everywhere I look. So what's the correct location of Swiss Made?

Finding the least inaccurate replica is all part of the fun! Comparing reps with pics of the original is a very good start.

The reason that details vary is that there are several facories making Rolex replicas... most of them are in China but I believe that there is also one in Geneva :laugh:

Happy timekeeping!

Clive

I guess we were working on this at the same time.

D

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=31288

Yes, that's what I'm taking about, "Swiss Made" jumping around on gen dials on gen LVs. What's up with that?

I've also seen crown guards on different genuine submariners and ExpII look different.

Just one more thing that will never be exact becasue it changes every week.

This is a very good post. Comparing against the LV sub on the Rolex site which we have to assume is correct, this is what I find:

#1 - Correct. There are 5 small ticks with the "30" tick in a little bold and the word SWISS MADE fits right in-between the 5 ticks.

#2 - There are only 3 small ticks.

#3 - 5 ticks but SWISS MADE is too big and does not fit inside the ticks.

#4 - Same as #3.

I have a gen black sub but it is in a secure location. Next time I go and get it I will check the location for sure. I would imagine the LV and the black should be the same.

no need to open your safe to check it, just review this topic: :rolleyes:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...1&st=&p=entry

Outstanding!

119-8494.jpg

This is what I mean about the crown guards. They look almost spot on to the EL EXPII rep that I have.

Unfortunately those rules posted in that thread don't apply to the LV. There are THREE known variations of the gen LV within three years. Click on the pic and see the variations I've compiled.

Not being a smart ass (I know it is odd for me) but why does it matter?

This needs to be framed!! :happy:

Esmarc :coolio:

Parlez vous Français?

If so, click here for some more Rolex inconsistencies:

TZ 16610 LV vs. LV Type 60

The differences go on to be a lot more than the 'SWISS MADE' over 3/5 ticks argument. And keep in mind- this is with genuine.

:happy:

its the same deal with the color of the bezel inserts , they very during each batch run , if u get a blue tt that was made in 2000 and then get one that is made 2003 they r definitely two different colors blues, and the greens r the same way , hek even the blacks for that matter lol , so i would imagine the dials could differ very slightly as well, now i have been looking closely at AP WATCHES and im seeing the supposed to be the same watch differ in date fonts lol

If any of those are fakes, then show me where to get one just like them!!!

I think they're all real.