When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Chrono Avenger

deltatahoe

i've currently eyeing the breitling chrono avenger (titanium), and have a couple questions (i posted this in the noob section a week or so ago, but didn't get much of a response):

1) anyone know where to get a leather strap w/ a titanium buckle to match the titanium watch? i think the watch looks very classy on a leather strap (see oliver's pics for perfect example), but don't want the standard breitling ss buckle w/ a titanium watch.

2) anyone know of a legit dealer that has this watch in swiss movement? king's website had one, but she responded saying the factory has stopped making it. yodaddynukka mentioned eddie carries one, but is apparently asking big $$'s.

3) what are peoples thoughts on white vs. black? i have several black dial watches & would like a white dial watch to change things up; chrono avenger white dial looks like it might fill that niche nicely.

looking forward to hearing everyone's two cents...

dt

Guest chronomat123

No, actually, they're not, but I don't even think Breitling makes the buckles in titanium. Or they didn't when I bought my pops an Aerospace at an AD here in Miami a few years back.

I do know that Breitling buckles are only $30 from ADs anyway.

Actually the genuine Breitling straps come with a steel buckle. You can choose a polished or a brushed one. I bought that diver's strap for my gen Avenger chrono a few weeks ago and the buckle is brushed steel. Titanium isn't available. The diver's strap is 22mm/20mm sized. I will change the rubber strap from time to time for a shark skin strap or anything else. Hope that helps.

now for the (obvious) next question -- anyone know where to get a leather breitling band with a brushed stainless steel buckle / deployment clasp?

Try Don. I think he stocks straps for Breitling. Also, if you have the specs for the strap, I'm sure Don or Aaron) could build a beautiful one for you. Spend some time on the search function at the Old RWG to find lists of strap sources. There are a ton of vendors out there. I spent an hour or so one night bookmarking about 30 of them I found on the watch boards.

As for Swiss, I would try Andrew's Web Site or Josh's Web Site I see Josh also stocks deployant straps for Breitling in brown and black.

Happy hunting! :)

I've only seen one on a leather band, didn't look bad. I'm still a sucker for the titanium band. IF someone wants to trade a good leather band for my titanium band though, I'd be open to offers. I've had a few Avengers pass through my hands, and I finally settled on the asian 7750 version with working chronos. When I first got it, the seconds hand used to stop for no reason. $15 later and a trip to the watch shop had the movement fixed and serviced and now it works like a dream. I had been told about potential reliability issues by the manufacturer, and these watches are in fact becoming more difficult to get due to decreaed production. A quartz model would probably be good reliability-wise, but I'm a sucker for auto and hand winders.

48125-36757.jpg