When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Rolex Daytona "Seconds at 6"

By-Tor

I bought one from Andrew about 18 months ago. It was SS with a white dial and looked superb, I had a buddy take out some of the extra gears, which took him about 2 minutes. My guess is that your best bet, if you want this great watch but without the risk of failure, is to buy it and ask your friendly neighbourhood horologist to do the surgery for you. It will probably cost about

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Is there any way to get the links referenced in this great article to work again? I see that it is an older article but has a lot of great information. It says 404 no found when I click on them. I am really interested in seeing The Zigmeister's review of the El Primero. Thanks!!!!

• 4 months later...

Is there any way to get the links referenced in this great article to work again? I see that it is an older article but has a lot of great information. It says 404 no found when I click on them. I am really interested in seeing The Zigmeister's review of the El Primero. Thanks!!!!

I have fixed all the links, except for the article about El Primero movement. Zigmeister has apparently removed the article from the database.

But the links to Zigmeister's Seconds at '6, Freddy's, Stephane's, Francisco's and Ubi's reviews have all been fixed. Sorry for taking so long.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

great review, when you say keeps accurate time how accurate are we talking?

A professionally serviced replica watch can keep as accurate a time as any genuine branded mechanical watch. Swiss COSC standards allow 6 seconds of gain per day. Don't imagine a $7000 Submariner works miracles on the wrist. Its a very simple, rugged mechanical movement.

I bought my Daytona secs@6 from Andrew (Trustytime), but it stopped working after 10 month. For new address of Andrew just do a google search "trustytime".

Question; Is there a dealer that sells a quality Daytona with the extra gears removed, and the seconds frozen @6?

Thank you for your input.

hjusthjust

For what I know, it should be everyone who says "faux 6 subdial", PC is one of them. And it's where I've got my 6263. Too bad the bracelet wasn't like the one in the pics.

• 3 years later...