When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A few straps Ive made this week.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

SO after cutting apart one of my wifes purses, I went out and bought some tools and some more leather. Ive now made about 5 straps, each getting better (in my opinion) than the previous one. Ive tried padding a couple, different stitches, changed glues and bought a better leather cutter.

I really plan to just make these for myself, as I do not have the time to become as proficient as the strap makers here. I like to be able to change the strap at least once a day! I picked up 10 sets of screws and tubes today from the Panerai dealer, so now each strap has its own set.

Anyway, here are a few pics... The first is a mediaum tan leather (really soft) with a bright red suede backing. I used bright yellow thread and sealed the sides in black.

The second is what I feel to be my best effort. The strap is buttery soft and 6mm thick, so its also rather heavy. Im not sure what to call the leather other than a light tan.

It is INCREDIBLY comfortable on the wrist.

PLEASE let me know what you think, you wont hurt my feelings if you dont like them. And I would like to know what you feel I should work on.

e7d96089.jpg

e7d95fda.jpg

e7d95e85.jpg

e7d95ddf.jpg

e7d95d2b.jpg

e7d95bc3.jpg

e7d9591d.jpg

e7d95855.jpg

e7d956f8.jpg

Edited by carlsbadrolex

e7d95e85.jpg

THAT'S IT, I'M GOING INTO STRAPMAKING. Sheesh, every else is doing it, why not the Strap Queen??!! :huh:

CBR, really, great straps, and I cannot BELIEVE these are your first efforts. Are you kidding me? Wow. The one above is my fave. It really compliments an ungainly Panerai which is difficult to match for texture and styling, IMHO.

V's Connolly was great though, but yours looks hip and smart at the same time.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Thanks everyone, I have a few more Im working on... Nothing too fancy, I will stick to Panerai straps and since I like the rough/antique look that is what I will do most often. I still dont think I would ever try selling them... But I have expanded my own collection pretty nicely in the past couple weeks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carlsbadrolex

Here is my latest creation... This strap is a whopping 8mm thick and is about as comfortable a strap as any Ive worn.

Please note the little Ferrari car... My 2 year old realized yesterday that he had a car with the same emblem as Daddy's watch. Now I need to get him a Fer0002!

post-7311-1189878924_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1189878967_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1189879012_thumb.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

No, Ive given a couple away... But I actually just make them for myself. SO far Ive made 11 different ones. I have been doing some searching and found a Ferrari parts yard in Los Angeles that has a set of headrests from a 1991 Testarossa. I may give up my new watch this month to buy the pair... I would REALLY like to have a couple straps made from Ferrari leather!

No, Ive given a couple away... But I actually just make them for myself. SO far Ive made 11 different ones. I have been doing some searching and found a Ferrari parts yard in Los Angeles that has a set of headrests from a 1991 Testarossa. I may give up my new watch this month to buy the pair... I would REALLY like to have a couple straps made from Ferrari leather!

I think there may be a market for this - Cheers - and one more thing - great job - cheers again :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guest carlsbadrolex

I picked up a book this weekend on leather working and learned a few new tricks. Here are my weekends work along with my new DSN Fiddy! Thanks again stanley.

This strap is HUGE... 26/26 and 8mm thick!!!

e7bce5a5.jpg

e7bce593.jpg

e7bce590.jpg

e7bce546.jpg

Edited by carlsbadrolex

• 2 months later...