When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 7750 12hr subdial won't reset

neils

Hi The Zigmeister,

You helped me before on an autowinding problem on a 7750.

The problem i have this time is on a 7750 daytona (6oclock running secs). The 12 hour subdial won't reset, have been reading your post on this area and understand it quite well now. The spring lever is sticking out the side of the case up by the top pusher, when i push it in with a small screwdriver it does reset the 12hr subdial. I note you say that if this dial does not reset on the pusher the tabs are not ligned up on the levers. Is there a way to rectify this without stripping the movement down. ie pushing this lever back in position somhow? Everything else works fine, starts/stops resets. Only the 12hr subdial is not.

I don't think i'm ready to dismantle that bridge you mention as it sounds really awkward to get everything back in position. i.e. The spring for the reset lever.

Posted as a topic because wasn't sure if the private message sent of not.

Regards

Neil

I am not totally clear on the description.

If the 12 hour subdial doesn't reset with the case pusher, but when you press on the "spring lever" on the movement (not sure what part this is, picture??) then the problem is not with the movement but with the case pusher.

If you can show me a picture of what your pressing on, it would help.

RG

I am not totally clear on the description.

If the 12 hour subdial doesn't reset with the case pusher, but when you press on the "spring lever" on the movement (not sure what part this is, picture??) then the problem is not with the movement but with the case pusher.

If you can show me a picture of what your pressing on, it would help.

RG

HI The Zigmeister,

Think you just hit the nail on the head!! What i didn't realise is that the metal tab the pusher operates has what looks like a piece broken off it. Please email me so i can send pictures for your expert opinion.

Thank you

kind regards

Neil

Sorry, I don't have email.

You can upload the pictures on photobucket and link them here...

RG

Sorry never used it before not sure about doing that. I did try to upload one on here but it didn't seem to appear. I have just examined another 7750 movement and the tab is broken on this 7750 therefore it is not pushing the lever to reset the 12hr subdial. The bottom tab seems to be held by a single rivet of sorts. How do i remove this to replace the tab lever? Shame it wasn't the top tab as thats held on by a post and screw which i have taken off before. This is the first time i have had trouble with the bottom tab. I have a spare here, it's just getting the old broken one off?

Regards

Neil

If the reset lever tab is broken, the only way to get the rivet out is to completely disassemble the movement and press it out from below. You may be able to pull the rivet out by prying on it from above, but it's risky...and will probably damage something.

If you can remove it, it should be easy to install the new one, just be careful.

RG