When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your Breitlings!

By-Tor

@Steph... nice try man... trying to make me a PAM addict. It won't work. :lol: And besides, you take fantastic pics yourself, and definitely won't need anyone to shoot them for you.

Thanks anyway. Maybe one day I'll write a "dummy" review of a PAM. :)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bought this from lovepanerai several months ago. I don't know how accurate it is because I have never seen the gen version. But it has a gen buffalo strap. I would love to get the crystal AR'd. It's beautiful, just LOOK!

britnavi1a.jpg

I also have a B for B. But lost one of the links. Does anyone have a bracelet or link they can part with? PM me Sorry by-thor for the shamless want ad :wounded1:

april17_2005023.jpg

Some impressive pictures in this thread! Breitlings are very flashy.

I have had quite a few Breitling replicas through the years, and two genuines.

In Chronological order, I started out with this one, bought on a study-trip in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2002.. :blush:

DSC_2801.jpg

Well.. From this, it can only get better.

The next one was an analog/digital from Silix. One of the very first I bought after joining TRC and RWG1 in 2004. Even though it is a fantasy, it was well made and got a lot of comments. Cool with gold on black digits... I once had this watch on a date, and the girl commented that "My dad also has a Breitling" :lol: I made a mental note about not wear the watch if I ever were to meet her dad..

Breitling_face_stopw.jpg

The next were the Navitimer Fighters speciale and a Ti Chrono Avenger.. Nice watches, which I had great expectations for, but they did not really do it for me. Especially the Ti Chrono Avenger was a disappointment. I thought I had ordered one of the last of the good batch, but ended up with one of the inferior ones. Bad pearl and wrong "4" on the bezel.. The Ti is also very light and cheap-feeling..

P1000287.jpgBreitling-CA.jpg

Then, I wanted to try out the real deal. Many collectors don't give quartz'es a second look, but I belive they are the natural choice for pilots watches. Lots of functions, accurate and rugged.. Just as a Breitling should be!

I bought this 1991 Breitling Navitimer Quartz with a broken lcd-display, but original box and papers. The Pluton-series was early ancestor to the Aerospace and was powered by a Miyota movement. Thanks to the information here on the forums, I traced a similar powered Pulsar and swapped the movements. B) Nice watch, unfortunately it was one of the watch which were stolen last months.

P2200270.jpg

The Navitimer Quartz and Ultimate Chronomat Evolutio

The Pluton series was produced up to 1999-2000, by which time it was very old-fashioned compared to the Aerospace and B-1.. However, the last of the line "Intuder" had a totally new case and were very good looking. I bought this 2000 Intruder for the insurance money, to make up for the loss:

DSC_2464.jpg

DSC_2490.jpg

DSC_2459.jpg

DSC_2482.jpg

Interesting to see the improvement in design and finish from the 1991 watch. Especially note the crown guards.. This was intended to be a keeper, but I got a very good offer and sold it just after a week.. :mellow: Hope that I wont regret it.

There are finally some Breitling replicas which are good enough. The black 3-6-9 Navitimer which came out late 2005 is very good, despite the that the slide rule does not align. Very sharp dial and slim datefont. I bought this on the board, from member "ajoesmith" I think. Unfortunately, this rep is also gone from my collection now.. I am thinking about picking up a gen..

PA160139.jpg

And then the Ultimate BCE for which I made the Review, which was the first replica to blow me away. Just gorgeous! Caseback engravings and case finish are stunning. It is still let down by some minor speckles on the dial and defects on the pearl.

DSC_2736.jpg

A true toolwatch, appropriate to wear when doing some work around the house..

DSC_2781.jpg

DSC_2779.jpg

Very crisp dial printing. The circular pattern on the dial is only visible close up.

Asian Steelfish. Great watch, and the best "Bang for the Bucks" at the moment! Initially I bought white dial, as the lack of AR is less noticeable. A bit flashy for a diver.. Black dial is more sporty! Still on the fence about buying the ETA-version though..

DSC_2768.jpg

Wristshot1.jpg

What is next? Maybe the Blackbird? B)

Well i guess i should post some too..

this is a Gen Breitling Chrono Colt quartz, that i picked up today.. stainless steel and si diamonds. Its apparently 41.5mm but it feels smaller than that to me. Its not for me its for my girlfriend.

CIMG0926.jpg

CIMG0928.jpg

CIMG0925.jpg

CIMG0924.jpg

CIMG0923.jpg

CIMG0922.jpg

Even if I first found the Breitlings a bit too complex in their design, the quality of replication and the attention on every small details made me love their style and finally want to have one on my wrist. The SFSO was a natural step, as it's a non chrono version. I chose the Asian version for the reasons which have already been often discussed here. The Swiss version is definitely close to perfect (movement + AR) but I was a bit reluctant in going in what was at that time a high price. I may change my mind the day I have some additionnal cash.

The Navitimer is for me the limit of what I am ready to wear. Very complex, but still something classy and harmonious in it. I found the Two-tone very attractive : I've always wanted gold in one of my reps, but was afraid of the bling effect. I swapped the shiny bracelet for a leather one, to reduce this :) The rep strap is simply awesome, and one can get crazy when hearing the price : 15 dollars !! For financial reasons (and some fear about a too complex movement and its inherent risks), I went for quartz...

sfso1rt0.jpg

sfso2ut1.jpg

navi2us3.jpg

twins1nq3.jpg

What a nice collection of Breitlings! I had this one (I have given it away) and I have a black dial on order. But I haven't seen any black dials in this collection. Does Breitling not make Gen Black dials? After seeing so many white dials, I'm wondering if I should have gotten the white dial!

Check out the Breitling web site.............lots of black dials including the SFSO!

What a nice collection of Breitlings! I had this one (I have given it away) and I have a black dial on order. But I haven't seen any black dials in this collection. Does Breitling not make Gen Black dials? After seeing so many white dials, I'm wondering if I should have gotten the white dial!

Black dials are usually gobbled up by the buyers before the whites because they are in demand. Unfortunately, they are also hard to find in majority of the models.

Here we go....

first, the inevitable but nontheless great eta SFSO...

P1070853_filtered.jpg

Next up is my favorite tool watch, the B1 - take a look at this beautiful caseback...

B1.jpgB1_2.jpg

a Breitling classic - the Crosswind...

BCrosswind_2.jpgBCrosswind.jpg

and finally, the "piece de resistance" in my Breitling collection, the limited edition 1461 Navitimer :wub:

1461.jpg1461_2.jpg