When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Top Bargain Buys!

chrgod

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was actually where I was considering going if Selix didn't pan out. Choosing a dealer gets to be a little confusing for someone new to RWG, with all of the information availble in the forums.

In any event, thanks for the advice. This thread was extremely useful to me as someone researching their frist rep purchase.

Just wondering did you end up getting the "Chopard - Mille Miglia" from Ruby, looking into it myself.

Just wondering did you end up getting the "Chopard - Mille Miglia" from Ruby, looking into it myself.

hi

I just ordered a white faced Chopard Millie Gran Turismo XL from Ruby.

Used paypal and the payment went through no bother and the correspondence has been good as well.

Been about 5 days now so i'll let you know when i receive it and i'll post some pics.

Hopefully a couple of weeks should do it.

Davie

:)

The White Faced one looks nice too, do keep us posted, depending on how happy you are, I'll pull the trigger on the Black Faced one ;-)

I was in Paris last weekend and saw a few gen models in various jewellers,

In my opinion they are both great looking watches and Rubys are very close.

Thought i'd go white although the dial looks more silver in the picture.Hopefully it's just a bad angle.

Good luck with the black.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if the watch has come in ?

I should be getting my MBK Nautilus this week as well as a couple of cheaper reps I got second hand here...amazing how much time you start spending when you dig in...

Someone suggested comparing a 7750 and a Quartz version, has that been done somewhere ?

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Chopard GTXL dropped through the post yesterday morning.

A total of 18 days from order to delivery.

Absolutely no problems,watch looks great as does the strap. My wife even commented on how good looking a watch it was.

High praise indeed.

The face doesn't seem to be white more of a metallic champagne colour depending on the light.

I'm well impressed anyway.

I'll certainly be using Ruby again. :good:

My problem is being scared to open the cases and break stuff, I want the

best, most reliable movements, just want to buy it, use it and not worry about

it.

Maybe we should have a most reliable watch thread too with Genuine ETA movements!?

Its all well and good buying the cheaper end but "you buy cheap you buy twice"

and all that tosh!

Is there really a proven difference between a Swiss ETA and an Asian copy ?

@daviemac - thanks for the update, sounds good ! I sent a message to Ruby the other day but apparently she was in the process moving so didn't have internet access, got an auto-reply. Still haven't received my Nautilus, but I got my cheap reps from another member, the Tag Link GMT is pretty nice, here's a pic :

DSC00289.JPG

Guys, I've tried twice now to place an order with TrustyTime via credit card. Both times my card was declined for no reason as far as I can tell. I'm sure it's not an issue with my card, so at this point I'm pretty frustrated with TT. Can anyone suggest any other dealers/sites where I might be able to order some of these watches with a credit card? Thanks again.

Guys, I've tried twice now to place an order with TrustyTime via credit card. Both times my card was declined for no reason as far as I can tell. I'm sure it's not an issue with my card, so at this point I'm pretty frustrated with TT. Can anyone suggest any other dealers/sites where I might be able to order some of these watches with a credit card? Thanks again.

The other option is to contact the collector (whichever one) by email directly, and ask them for a Paypal account to pay to...instead of going directly through their webshops. Listen to the collector about what to put in for the details (i.e. mention nothing about watches or reps in the transaction notes).

• 3 months later...

Nice to see my old post kicked back into life. Thanks! I was not aware that it had reached more than 12000 views! :)

Agree that an update is well overdue.. Will do some research and update. The regular Tag Heuer Formula 1 (quartz) should also be included.

Is Nariika the only dealer for this new PO 42mm?

• 3 weeks later...
I would be wary of the 7750 chronos 21 K beat and 28 K as I have had many problems and continue to read of others having problems. I like the quartz even if it is a non chrono as it works and is reliable. If you have a quartz chrono and don't use the chrono it is hard to see the ticking of the quartz on the little subdial. I perfer to leave the chrono running myself. My reps don't have to be exact. All I ask is they are well built and reliable.

Where do you buy the quartz versions?

Yes they're nice people, I don't think they do much/any QC before your order gets shipped (had to send back the 4 watches they sent me for various reasons) but they did their best to fix the problem, short of refunding the cost of shipping the watches back though !

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think this needs to be updated :)

H

Updated with a long overdue entry about the IWC Portoguese 1939, one of the very best watches in the 100-130 USD bracket. :) I try to update this post once in a while. The updates are listed at top, and the new entries are added at the bottom.

• 6 months later...

I fixed some of the links in this article (which went broken due to forum reconstruction). Perhaps chrgod wants to fix the rest?

This guide has a huge amount of views and I think it's very important contribution.