When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Top Bargain Buys!

chrgod

Fantastic thread, great idea and for our community, it's should be pinned and maintained indeed...

May I suggest that Chrod compiles from all the suggestions this thread will receive and post a new, clean one ?

It should carry the dealer(s) information also...

I would love to add some but they all are listed already.

Many thanks.

Stephane

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... I am amazed by the response this thread has received! :)

It indeed is a need to keep track of the "affordable" good replicas, which don't get as much postings and reviews. I can take the little challenge of expanding the list and include reviews and some basic dealer info. ( Guess I should make a new post??) Of course the stock and prices from the different dealers changes frequently. Smaller bargain-dealers as Silix, River and Ruby are usually cheaper, but the ordering process is often not as streamlined as the more expensive dealers with better web pages and smooth ordering process.

The PO "Ultra-light", PO Chrono, and Seamaster GMT are sure candidates for the expanded list! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@Pugwash: Yes the standard Panerai leather straps usually feels rubbish (like the stock FA Jones strap), but after the bleaching process you have a nice vintage leather strap. I added a picture of my Marina Militare with the bleached version of the stock strap.

I've bought some very nicely executed reps from dealer tonyxkf at cqout.

From him I have an AP ROO, a PO chrono, and a TT Navi. Each one was about $86 shipped, and the quality/price ratio is superb.

Sorry I don't have a camera handy right now, but I will try to take some pix soon.

Wow... I am amazed by the response this thread has received! :)

You shouldn't be. This was a magnificent thread idea, and I'm surprised it hadn't been done as comprehensively (or at all?) before!

Thanks for your Air-King photo, too. It was the only reason I got it from Jay/Silix. I get so many watch ideas from this forum, if I had gotten nothing else in terms of info, it would've been worth the VIP upgrade ALONE.

Awesome idea and great topic. Thanks!

Yes, the Air King from Silix was my first rep years ago and I have been hooked ever since.

But number two son has the blue dial Air-King now, along with a Cellini also from Silix, so I have had to move on. Great excuse to get some more watches and you will have to excuse me as that is what I am up to next.

Carl

Reps under $150.00 have been my starting point for several projects (and some of my favorites).

The Omega GMT with asian movement. All I did was redrill the lugholes and install and gen. band. I wear this one daily:

S6300279.jpg

The Rolex 5517 Royal Navy Submariner. Shaved down the cgs a bit, removed the pearl, bleached insert, smoothed up the bezel and changed the strap:

S6300377.jpg

The coolest cheap watch I have, a vintage "no crown guard" Submariner from Silix. All I've done is swap the strap to a Bond NATO:

S6300236.jpg

The red 1680 Submariner from Silix. At $130.00 it is a pretty good starting point for a few mods:

S6300480.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

Frankly I think it is because the cartel has lots of pictures online, accepts many forms of payments, show their prices, and have a good reputation. Especially as a noob, these things make me feel more secure buying something that might be total crap. Pictures especially help reassure us that they (the cartel) have good stuff.

I'm sure Narikaa has fantastic stuff, but it's hard to tell the quality from the pics, and I don't see any prices. That creates a few barriers to ordering from Narikaa.

I take your point, but Narikaa also has a good reputation and is EU based (good for me). I'm still a noob considering my first purchase so this is a very useful thread.

excellent thread....my top three bargain watches are the unitas omega 45mm railmaster (great with better leather strap), the A21J Omega Seamaster black GMT(daily beaters favourite) and Tag Link chrono quartz (it sure is a fantasy - built like a tank, runs like a 4 cylinder sports car and all for $118 - it sure is one great fantasy I am living in).

ps.. Greatest bargain watch was the UPO Lite with the copy Asian 28,000bph movement for $120, im glad I got mine.

• 2 weeks later...

SUPER Thread! Keep it going! Based on it, I picked up the Omega SMP GMT from Andrew..... I'm in love, I'd have paid twice as much for this, it is becoming a daily.....Please excuse my picture taking skills, not up to the level of some of you guys who take better pix than the gen advertising!

Omega%20SMP%20GMT%20Black%201.JPG

Omega%20SMP%20GMT%20Black%202.JPG

Omega%20SMP%20GMT%20Black%203.JPG

Omega%20SMP%20GMT%20Black%204.JPG

More ideas, keep 'em coming!!!

• 4 weeks later...

This thread has been on my Favorites drop down list for quite a while. I can't thank you enough.

Two watches that I have purchased in the <$150USD range and just love are the Vacheron Constantin Jubilee 1775 and the Franck Muller Crazy Hours. Both are rather good reps (No, not nitpicking Submariner "OMG, just LOOK at those CG's!" quality, but c'mon) and have some unique features. The VC has working dials including a reserve and makes a great dress watch. It is available in SS/YG/RG I believe. The FM hour hands work in such an interesting way, switching back and forth across the face, that it is a real pleasure to own. It comes in multiple guises for your color needs.

Hope this helps ;)

4.jpgDSC_0002.jpg

the Franck Muller Crazy Hours. Both are rather good reps (No, not nitpicking Submariner "OMG, just LOOK at those CG's!" quality, but c'mon) and have some unique features. The VC has working dials including a reserve and makes a great dress watch. It is available in SS/YG/RG I believe. The FM hour hands work in such an interesting way, switching back and forth across the face, that it is a real pleasure to own. It comes in multiple guises for your color needs.

Hope this helps ;)DSC_0002.jpg

Does the rep FM Crazy Hours actually do the real thing where the hands jump to the next hour? I would have thought that movement was too hard to rep.

Edited by smilingbear

The FM hour hands work in such an interesting way, switching back and forth across the face, that it is a real pleasure to own.

Sorry if this wasn't clear. Yes, the hour hand flips to the appropriate number/innappropriate place on the dial. This occurs at the top of the hour and is lightning fast. The watch face numbers are placed in such a way that your watch will look like it is incorrect from a distance, thus giving onlookers a second stare. As in the gen, it will look correct through the 0100/0400/0700/1000 hours because of number placement.

Or to sum it up, YES, the hours ARE crazy ;)

• 2 months later...