When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received a custom made GMT from Josh

By-Tor

I bought this watch for an upcoming GMT review/buying guide I'm planning to write. So I'm not going to details here... but it's indeed quite nice.

Huge thanks again to my mate ***Stephane*** for his "delivery help". Much appreciated.

Here's a quick pic.

1.jpg

I bought this watch for an upcoming GMT review/buying guide I'm planning to write. So I'm not going to details here... but it's indeed quite nice.

What the hell! This is an unusual GMT II Rollie, and suddenly I see it everywhere.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=321655

Can't wait, By-Tor.

What the hell! This is an unusual GMT II Rollie, and suddenly I see it everywhere.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=321655

Can't wait, By-Tor.

Not the same V., not he same

MBW

RolexGmtMasterII_MBW_800_21.jpg

Not MBW (special custom made like BT)

RolexGmtMasterIIJoshBefore_800_14.jpg

Very old one from the bay

RolexGmtMatserII_01_800.jpg

So many GMT II out there...like subs ;)

Cheers

Stephane

The MBW (first picture) came also (for a short time, I'm afraid) with the correct hand stack, which is, from dial: hour - GMT - minutes - seconds. Many in the forum (BT already declared this) do not mind very much an incorrect hand stack but somebody else (I am one of these) think that the hand stack is the real issue with the GMT, and not only for the quite short time when the hour hand passes above the GMT hand. The longer and differently stacked GMT red hand is very visible in all the perspective. I do not assume being right, but .. anybody out there agrees with me?

Looks good BT but judging from your excellent photo, the side case holes appear to be located a tad too far towards the lug ends. This reminds me of a late model TW 16610 I had with the same issue and the holes would have been very difficult to drill to 1.2mm.

The older style TW cases by comparison, had the side case holes properly positioned so drilling them was not an issue other than it being a total PIA. :p

This is the old style GMT TW/MBW case with the lugs drilled for comparison:

102020111zd5.jpg