When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

whats the best sounding GUITAR in your ...

2005SUBMARINER

i will from home later, at work, dont have any mp3s here of my stuff. i dont shred, i suck, just a showoff ;)

i kid i kid

cool cant wait man !! ill be hear with the volume [censored] on my pc to 10 !! :Jumpy: ..

hey in 39 now but i remember playing in lamour rock club in brooklyn ny , in like a local band jam .

was scary as [censored] man ! :unsure: my fingers turned to jelly ! :thumbdown: totaly sucked lol but it was fun !

i remember we played QUEEN OF THE ryke was an awsome jam !! my drummer & singer was excellent !

I posted these in a thread on RWG1 almost exactly a year-to-date ago. Martin D-45 I purchased in 1970 and a circa 1922 National which I bought in 1971. The Martin was played on all gigs 5 to 6 nights a week for 25 years, its seasoned body now puts out as loud as concert jumbos but with a deeper pitch even after a refinish job.

Nanug, love your Guilds, I've been through two, a F-512 Jumbo 12-string and a Mark V Classical.

post-652-1163106361_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I posted these in a thread on RWG1 almost exactly a year-to-date ago. Martin D-45 I purchased in 1970 and a circa 1922 National which I bought in 1971. The Martin was played on all gigs five 6 nights a week for 25 years, its seasoned body now puts out as loud as concert jumbos but with a deeper pitch even after a refinish job.

Nanug, love your Guilds, I've been through two, a F-512 Jumbo 12-string and a Mark V Classical.

love the clean 12string sound ! :wub:

hey i just herd Queen of the Reich on you tube & man thats is a great dam song to jam live !

it gave my goose bumps :Jumpy: i havent hear that song in at least 10 years still sounds great ! :thumbsupsmileyanim: & easy to play :victory:

i prefer - I don't Believe in Love, Eyes of a Stranger and Empire

they are still touring, DON"T BUY OPERATION MINDCRIME II it sucks ass :)

i prefer - I don't Believe in Love, Eyes of a Stranger and Empire

they are still touring, DON"T BUY OPERATION MINDCRIME II it sucks ass :)

yep like those songs too but man QOR you can realy jam on that song ..

hey PB check out this old QR video SOUNDS GREAT ! on you tube

QOR VIDEO ON YOU TUBE

the drummer is awsome ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

HEY JB that stuff is great ! you guys sound 100% pro ! great sound & production !

did you guys do your own recording & mixing ?

also was that you singing ?

great stuff man ! i dont know why ROCKS MAN !

THANX FOR shareing !!

man they have great musicians on board ! PHOBAND also rocks !

We recorded these tracks on an 8-track Fostex HD, with some bouncing giving us 12 track recording.

I play guitars and take the lead vocal + some harmonies with my brother Tom.

Bass is played by my mate Jim and all keyboards by the wonderfully talented Stuart, who at the last count was involved with 4 other bands!

I'm slowly moving over to PC recording (Cubase, Reason etc.) but I've been really lazy this past year so haven't really done anything that I would be happy putting out there.

You guys are fine players - leave me standing.

I think I played a lot better 20 years ago - but purely because I was playing more and learning lots of covers, which is how you hone your craft.

I have to say life would be a lot less enjoyable without my guitars.

JTB

We recorded these tracks on an 8-track Fostex HD, with some bouncing giving us 12 track recording.

I play guitars and take the lead vocal + some harmonies with my brother Tom.

Bass is played by my mate Jim and all keyboards by the wonderfully talented Stuart, who at the last count was involved with 4 other bands!

I'm slowly moving over to PC recording (Cubase, Reason etc.) but I've been really lazy this past year so haven't really done anything that I would be happy putting out there.

You guys are fine players - leave me standing.

I think I played a lot better 20 years ago - but purely because I was playing more and learning lots of covers, which is how you hone your craft.

I have to say life would be a lot less enjoyable without my guitars.

JTB

man great stuff! hey let me know if you need some pc recording software i can burn you a copy of guitar trax pro 2 or magix studio ! phoband also sent me a cool adobe recording studio software !

theres lots of stuff you can do with these types of software , but you realy have to spend lots of time on how to use these dam complex software !

i just hit the record button & play :yeah: ..

i agree with you on the playing better now that 20 years ago !

im 39 & play much better that when i was 21 , & its funny cause i dont play as much as i use to with a real job & family :) but what ever instrument you play ! its always feels great to plug in & create music ! :yeah:

queensryche, lol, i love them :)

ahhhhhhh l'amours, talk about history, being 32 and growning up here in nyc that place holds just as much clout as cb's.

if we're talking about recording now, i use ProTool 7 on a PowerMac, and i use the Line 6 pod for the guitar recording, just for demos in my home, nothing fancy. In the studio i will usually try something of everything.

I actually did a song last night for a Christmas record, we did a cover of Elvis's Blue Christmas, but totally rewrote the music, came out pretty interesting.

For that, i just used a shitty old acoustic for my tracks, and then we used a 12 string, grand piano, i think some sax, etc. will post it as soon as the producer gets me a mix

queensryche, lol, i love them :)

ahhhhhhh l'amours, talk about history, being 32 and growning up here in nyc that place holds just as much clout as cb's.

if we're talking about recording now, i use ProTool 7 on a PowerMac, and i use the Line 6 pod for the guitar recording, just for demos in my home, nothing fancy. In the studio i will usually try something of everything.

I actually did a song last night for a Christmas record, we did a cover of Elvis's Blue Christmas, but totally rewrote the music, came out pretty interesting.

For that, i just used a shitty old acoustic for my tracks, and then we used a 12 string, grand piano, i think some sax, etc. will post it as soon as the producer gets me a mix

ProTool 7 real good stuff!

cant wait to hear your shred mannnnnnnnnn :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You guys play some beautiful instruments!

I've never convinced myself of being a good enough player to fork out the big dough for a guitar, so I've stuck with lower end stuff since I started playing. It hasn't got in the way of the joy of playing though, and I might treat myself to something more 'collectable' when I grow up.. ;)

I mostly play an Epiphone 'Goth' Les Paul, it's been beefed up with a Fender Enforcer humbucker at the bridge, other than that it's still stock, but I have been thinking about putting EMGs in it.

I call it Satan, because of its looks and sound.. Through a rectifier emulator it's so dark, crisp and beefy, it's perfect for metal riffs and shredding.

147045-15479.jpg

I bought and sold a lot of guitars a few years ago, including a beat up old strat (that's probably a vintage now), a few strat copies, a Hohner SA that I miss and a Jazz bass copy of sorts.

I have an old BC Rich The Bich, a cort western and some other junk guitars including my very first electric, an Applause strat copy. I think I'll buy a 12-string acoustic when I get more room for guitars.

I mostly play through a Roland Micro Cube with a headset, or a Peavey Studio Pro with a celestion speaker in it.

I am looking for a BOSS OD-1 pedal if anyone can get me one cheap, I had one of these, but not knowing how scarce they are, I traded it for some books to be nice to a guy.

hey nothing wrong with lower end geeetars man !

i personaly never owned an american made guitar due to the high $$$$$ :(

but iv played american made guitars & jap guitars in my local guitar center all the time & i tell you there is not a big differance between the both models ! apart from the price & resale value of the instrument !

i personaly prifer jap jackson guitars ! :wub: with emg's ! ..

even if i could afford an american jackson , ill rather buy the jap model !

remember as long as the guitar has a solid wood body & you install hight output pickups & have a decent amp :thumbsupsmileyanim: then you will have a million $$ sound ! :thumbsupsmileyanim: ..

oh & if you play good helps alot too lol :victory: ..

remember EVH can make $100 guitar sound like a $10,000 guitar !!

p.s. thats a great looking EP lespual ! those thing sound great man !

I make some horrible noise with a beautiful mahogany Parker Nightfly M and a very loud (ask my neighbors) Marshall 50W amp. I also have a gorgeous homebuilt quilted maple top, 5 string fretless bass with tapewound strings and optical pickups on which I make even more horrible noise (I'm a really bad musician, but I have fun).

I bought my son his first guitar at age 13, a Joshua. Paid a whopping 180.00 bucks...

At 15 I bought him a Tacoma, and he grew in his skill's and love for the instrument...

For his 17th birthday I took him to a local music store and set him on a stool...

And blind-folded him...

At 17 years old price and looks mean everything...

But I wanted him to feel and listen...

He played 30 pieces...

Taylor's, Santa Cruz's, Martin's, Larrivee's, and 1 (very expensive) Olson...

The fingers & ear purchased a very nice Taylor 514ce...

At 20, he still plays that piece a couple of hours a day...

The blind-fold was pretty smart on my part...

TT

• Like 1

I make some horrible noise with a beautiful mahogany Parker Nightfly M and a very loud (ask my neighbors) Marshall 50W amp. I also have a gorgeous homebuilt quilted maple top, 5 string fretless bass with tapewound strings and optical pickups on which I make even more horrible noise (I'm a really bad musician, but I have fun).

Marshall 50W amp THOSE THINGS REALY sound super loud man ! :Jumpy: i love marshalls !

i play thru a 30w marshall & sounds great & its also loud , i think i play it at vol 2 ..

hey would like to hear some of your stuff man ! upload it & post it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

noise :Jumpy: check this out :)

me making lots of noise ;)