When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

whats the best sounding GUITAR in your ...

2005SUBMARINER

:Jumpy:

nice left hand,

would be more impressed if he actually picked all of that

like this

or this - under a glass moon solo

or some young hotshot playing the under teh lgass moon solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owBGZ84fGCI...ted&search=

or some other hotshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok8gKb2Ju5k

You tube is crazy - lots of crazy talent out there.

i don't know if i would have liked it better to have this when i was a kid or not. I'm not sure if it would have made me work harder or just straight up quit :)

i think it woud have made me work harder. I would have tried to push much more to production ready. I never really did back then. I would settle, cause, well, just cause

here is my point - check out these kids like 11 yrs old - and jamming and singing a complex king's x tune

hey nice fret work on those vids ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

hey PB i must go to my local GUITAR center & purchase a geeetar with a dam whammy bar !

i missed those things man ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i own 4 getars with non trem :(

but i love my JACKSON :wub: soon i will but a jackson with a whammy & make some dam cool noise ! :Jumpy:

Whammy bars are OVERATED - more problems then they are worth. You have to use a trem lock - locks suck.

By the way are you a dream theater fan?

That first video was john petrucci from dream theater - Top Progressive band in music today you will like them :)

you know PB thers so much bands out there that i have to get into like dream T I REMEMBER WHEN they started must say that they didnt get to much radio play here in NYC ,.. but they played alot in local clubs in BROOKLYN , NYC ... i never got to see then in action but everytime they played in my area they would sell out fast ! ..

one of my favorite live bands to see back in the days was ANTHRAX local boys from queens NY :thumbsupsmileyanim: got to meet idian joe & took some pix but that was in the 80's i remember he was jammin on a jackson flying v ! ..

another crazy band that i saw in the 80's was overkill played realy tight live not a big fan though..

iv seeing many bigtime metal bands play a lil local rock club in brooklyn called LA'MOURS ..

saw one holloween nite metalica , wasp & armored saint :Jumpy: ..

saw iron maiden ext .... cool setting your right next to the stage :thumbsupsmileyanim: ..

oh also saw there WHITELION vito bratta was awsome ! i remember he hung out out side the club smokin & was wearing a leather vest with no t-shirt under in the middle of winter ! next day he was rushed to the hospital with numonia :g: he's a local boy from brooklyn i believe :thumbsupsmileyanim:

he was a sanitation working ( garbage man )

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

This will blow your mind. - I know, everyone has thier bands they are into and, everyone always has a - you have to check these guys out.

But, with DT - its like, not being familier with Rush.

here is a small part from a live dvd - obviously its not great quality being on youtube - but good enough.

This is called Instrumedly - its a medly of instrumental parts of songs - they usually have these long harmony solos in the middle of tunes - this is 12 minutes of that strung together. - now most of the complicated lines your hearing on gutiar and keyboard are being played as harmony solos - and even sometimes teh BASS!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieRFnlcsZ0g

Think of the best guitarist you have ever seen. - Imagine that level of talent on keyboard, drums and bass and vocals - all playing heavy rock/ metal. Imagine guys that are routinley voted best in the industry in their individual magazines - Guitar, Modern drummer, ect ect ect

I have all their stuff, i can give some to you if you want :) !!! Enjoy

Guaronteed to blow your mind !!

there are only 2 bands i see everytime they come to town - Dream Theater and King's X.

Okay I admit it's great to see a hot guitar, bass or drum player... the guys can rock. Granted.

But THIS my friends... this is talent. This is a recording of a brass ensemble from Canada playing their take on a classic "Flight of a Bumblebee"

But this is done on a TUBA. This guy ROCKS in a BIG way!

Flight of the Tuba Bee

Right click then save to your hard drive... my server doesn't have the bandwidth to stream it.

Enjoy!

Your right - If the only played with distortion, i'd have them on my IPOD !!! :)

:) similiar talent - these guys all went to berkley and julliard :)

• Like 1

My vote goes to a proto-type(?) B.C. Rich [censored] that I got for 159$usd (plus tax of course) locally... signed in the neck by Bernie Rico himself...

Prolly helps that I live about 15 miles from where BCRich started... Gibson SG type neck... double humbucker pickups... super low action... wow. I love that guitar... (i reall yneed to get a shot or two of it posted... its butt-ugly, but sounds and plays like heaven)

Only other guitars in my collection currently are 56' Dano U2 (Gen... not the Rep that came out in the late 90's) and a 71' Fender Fretless J-Bass that I would probably kill to protect (free... thanks to my ex-gf's brother for giving it to me....)

staw away from bc rich platnium series they suck big time ! the bodies are made of laminated plywood :thumbdown: ..

i owned 1 in the 80's & thru it in thr garbage ..

gunslinger is cool though :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oh yeah... I'm very well aware that the overwelming majority of guitars bearing "BCRich" on the headstock are piles of plywood and chromed bits of plastic...

I just happened to lay hands on probably the ONE BC Rich ever made that is worth playing. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The headstock is blank and no markings are on the guitar at all... I bought it used at a Mars Music location before they closed... I picked it up 'cause i'd never played a Bich body guitar before... thought it was a home build from its appearance... red laquer, gibson shaped headstock, no markings or serial numbers....

Took it home and took it apart to clean up a bit and reset the neck and what do you know... Bernie's Sig right in under the neck.... I really need to get some shots of it up...

Running through my Yorkville bass head/amp it sounds nice and crunchy... running through a 75w marshall amp its clear and sings beautifully....

I spend a bit of time at the Guitar Center near my house... I've yet to find any new guitar (or amp for that matter) that begins to sound like any of the vintage gear I've picked up... only new stuff I've ever bought are cables, strings and picks. :D

• Like 1

149085-15126.jpg

my favorite geeter?

here is one i made earlier...

back when i was a student bum, i did a 2 year course..musical instrument technology and construction.

i designed and hand made this guitar using only hand tools and traditional methods..the only power tools used were a bandsaw and router (for the truss rod) and a drill for the tuning pegs.

it is a steel string accoustic, based on a 1930's martin 00m orchestra model body, with a slightly modified design (artistic lisence!) headstock from a 1929 epiphone accoustic.

materials used..

top: sitka spruce

back and sides: indian rosewood

neck: brazilian mahogany

headstock: flamed maple..bookmatched

fingerboard and bridge: ebony

braces and struts: douglas fir, mahogany, beech

soundhole rossette: abalone

fingerboard inserts: MOP

all these materials alone cost over £400 and took 2 years to complete...consider you can buy a brandnew low end guitar for £60.

the intstrument is handfinished using a traditional french polishing method.

an absolute beauty and could never be replaced..insured well into 4 figures.

what do you think?

149085-15127.jpg

149085-15128.jpg

149085-15129.jpg

149085-15130.jpg

149085-15131.jpg

149085-15132.jpg

149085-15133.jpg

149085-15134.jpg

149085-15135.jpg

149085-15136.jpg

Edited by trademarque

also in my collection is the cricket bat..yamaha f310 accoustic, which gets played the most..

for electric thrills my prefered tool is an epiphone supernova, noel gallagher signiture model in blue....long discontinued, soon to be a collectors item, and value is already rising..mine is a 1998 model.

Magnificent workmanship! That's one to be very, very proud of. I see you didn't have to alter the saddle for intonation... that's an accomplishment in itself. And that's one of the nicest tops I've ever seen. Check out the silking on my Guild. Yours reminds me a lot of this one... hand built by Hans Moust. Yes, it's thrashed in these photos ... this is how it looked when I bought it.

149101-15118.jpg

thanks nanuq.

your guitar top looks lovely.,,and very well played!

thanks for you comments on the craftsmanship..i had one of the best luthiers in the country as my mentor.

bill keldy is famous for his work..

he is a part time lecturer, and full time luthier...you can view his workshop here...http://pages.zoom.co.uk/kelday/

it was a wonderful experience building this instrument and one that could never be repeated...i would need so many tools, and of course, over the shoulder step by step tuition from the master himself, as to be honest, i could'nt do it again without help.!

however, i can now do all the repair work on friends instruments, anything from refrets to fix a hole in the side. its a great hobby.

if only my playing skills were as good!

trademarque

WOWOWOW :Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

That is an awesome piece of work. what happened to your music making career after your class, was it just a side thing or did you divert careers

to be honest, i was for loss of direction a few years ago, when i saw this musical instrument repair and construction course at college..a great way to kill 2 years i thought. i didnt finish the course, dropped out after i completed my guitar..the reason being, there is not much in the way of a career for handmade instruments makers/luthiers..

you can only make so many instruments per year..5 or so..

and charge over £5000 for a guitar (you have to eat)when you dont have a name, its difficult to sell...so not much of a career in that line of work...im a motor dealer now! it's a dying trade..unfortunatley...because theres nothing like a handmade instrument made using traditional methods....even your martins are not really hand made...they use many machines...and many different individally skilled workers for production..nobody uses chisels and planes anymore....i'd like to see one of these martin people actually try and bend a pair of ribs/sides using a hot iron like i had to...or make a perfect dovetail with a chisel!

this guitar sounds warm, with a long sustain (thanks to the hardwoods used for finger board and bridge and the bracing pattern inside). a good deep bass on the low end that fills the room with the low notes and crystal clear treble. since the photos were taken, i have lowered the action, to make it easier for finger work on the frets.

thats a beauty nanuq.

it has taken somebody a long time time to carve that maple...maple has a hard structure, hence the need for no bracing...i would love to hear it, the resonance of maple is excellent.

maple is used for violins also..but thier front and back are both bookmatched and require bracing.