When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Should Women Wear Panerai Watches?

Victoria

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it actually looks not too bad...

Well, I wore it all day today.

not a color i would wear but the pink looks good on the PAM.

I won't say the seller's name (ladies or daring gents can PM me, should they want the website addy), but my heart broke for him when I opened his package. My instant reaction was O M F G.

You know how much I revere history -- and the history of the Panerai marque means a lot to me, as I hope it does to any Panerista. It should be honoured.

So when I put on this ladies' sized pink croc strap on the PAM 217, I thought of all those maiale submariners...underwater...doing what they did...and I honestly went, "ugh".

Fine, okay, wear the pink on the PAM 112, ladies, or the PAM 113. But come on, not on the Fiddy or the Diddy.

Im sure im gunna get flamed for this.. haha :black_eye:

Mwaha. I can't even get my boyfriend to wear a nice pink Banana Republic shirt. :o

My girl steals my gen 112F way, way, way too often.

See? There you go. No worries on the PAM 112, since I'll be the first to admit we ladies look wonderful with a pink strap on PAMs.

This strap is just so wrong on this particular watch though.

She always puts a BOB orange or red croc strap on it though. Suits her personality :D

Other than my Bob Vanilla, which I ADORE so much I bought two, this is my first "Ladies"-coloured strap, though I wouldn't call the Vanilla ladies-only. Look at b12a6.

The seller was holding a baby blue croc for me, in case I liked the pink croc.

Regrettably, I had to inform him I wasn't interested. He's such a nice guy, too...

Guest carlsbadrolex

No ladies should not wear Panerai watches... Especially ones with cute little pink straps!

Ladies need to stick to the smaller watches and let us big boys wear the hefty ones.

In fact, V... I will send you a prepaid shipping label for you to send me those that you have.

I will in turn send a ladies D.J, Omega Constellation, and Cartier Panther.

See? There you go. No worries on the PAM 112, since I'll be the first to admit we ladies look wonderful with a pink strap on PAMs.

This strap is just so wrong on this particular watch though.

Other than my Bob Vanilla, which I ADORE so much I bought two, this is my first "Ladies"-coloured strap, though I wouldn't call the Vanilla ladies-only. Look at b12a6.

The seller was holding a baby blue croc for me, in case I liked the pink croc.

Regrettably, I had to inform him I wasn't interested. He's such a nice guy, too...

I've worn some pretty ostentatious straps with my 112...I have an awesome time doing so. I even wore around the pale pink calf that I got for my girl to wear on my 112, simply for the hell of it. Then again, most guys aren't built like me. And when I go out wearing it, it gets nothing but the most positive reactions from the fairer sex. Then again, I do many things for the hell of it. Like the time I decided that whenever I would wear red Charvet ties (love those things!) that I would wear my (since departed :() ABP red stingray strap with my 112. I thought that I was going to get looks of disgust from people. I have never had so many high-powered individuals compliment me on a combo before. My partner says that only I could pull that off though. In the opposite way, it seems like you are very much the same, Miss V.

Bruce, I'd kill for your wife's tan! Tell her from me, she looks amazing with that Base on. It may be the most flattering black-faced PAM out there, for BOTH sexes.

@Defacto: Ooh, ooh. Charvet ties. You are my kinda man! Every man should own one, even if they cost the earth. And as you know, high-powered individuals adore daring people, who stand out from the mundane crowd. This is my only explanation for why I wear Roberto Cavalli skirts in leopard prints. Seriously, got no other reason.

I knew a lady who Like, Love, Addict to Panerai. She's nice, passion, helpful & beautiful (that's only my imagination; because we never meet...). Her huge Panerai collection (Watch + different kind of strap) always make us jealous, amazing & shock!

She is a very good "role-model" for all women; Independent, Good Taste, Got her own life style, Willing to try & always the first one who step forward. She let me to understand "Nothing is Impossible".

So women shouldn't wear a Panerai? I don't think so.

She got her nickname "V"

Best Regards,

Raymond

Bruce, I'd kill for your wife's tan! Tell her from me, she looks amazing with that Base on. It may be the most flattering black-faced PAM out there, for BOTH sexes.

@Defacto: Ooh, ooh. Charvet ties. You are my kinda man! Every man should own one, even if they cost the earth. And as you know, high-powered individuals adore daring people, who stand out from the mundane crowd. This is my only explanation for why I wear Roberto Cavalli skirts in leopard prints. Seriously, got no other reason.

Ah, a woman after my own heart! I wish my girl would be more daring like you...valentino is lovely (her usual), but there is something so alluring about a woman with the self-confidence to wear something truly bold. Clothing is a horrible habit of mine...I'm probably pushing close to 100 charvets alone. Suits and shirts usually have to be fully bespoke (46-32L is pretty difficult to find off the rack, :lol:), fortunately I have a florentine tailor that comes to my office once every two months to help me with my fix. My latest "thing" is a real trip back in time, but with a major power spin...for example, today was a 3 button navy w/pinstripe, white collar and french cuff turnbull+asser shirt in royal blue, maize over indigo Charvet, heirloom onyx+diamond WG cufflinks, and....wait for it....maize silk suspenders, LOL. Based on the reaction of the females around me... I succeeded.

pam217pinker7.jpg

pam217bucklepinkzv5.jpg

marinapinkohr5.jpg

Thoughts:

:yuk:

I'm tempted to get Emily a Destro as she really liked the PAMs which she's seen so far, but always found the crownguard bashed her hand (I have to admit, even wearing watches on my right wrist where it's not a problem, my 111h is less comfortable against my wrist than my Planet Ocean Big Size...) so I thought it might be an idea for her. However, she seldom, if ever, takes off the HBB Aspen, so I'm not too sure it's worth it...

PS I wear pink shirts every now and again :) My current pink shirt is a sadly watered-down wishywashy pink which is barely above off-white. My favorite pink shirt was a deep salmon color, but that got printer ink on it so was totally ruined :(

VB, your AP T3 wristshot looks much more tasteful and elegant than all your other wristies put together. Any guesses why, what the differentiating factor is here? ;) It ain't the brutally ugly styling of the watch..... :whistling:

And so as if to further hammer home both that point and also answer your original question being "is it ok for girls to wear Panerai?", I present the following unequivocal evidence...

_________________________________________________________________ :wub:

heidiklumpanerailv5.jpg

pam48a.jpg

Now THAT is a nice pink croc-Panerai watch combo. O M F G. ;)

Seriously, if that's Mrs. Corpsman, you're a lucky guy. Nice rings at that! You must've mortgaged the family homestead to get her that eternity band, and three-pronged princess cut solitaire with baguette diamonds.

My mum's hobby is jewelry-design. She taught me well. :tu:

No, they should not. Because you have contributed so much to this forum, I will offer to give all your PAM's a new home. Send me a PM and I'll tell you where to ship them to. ;)

I always liked big watches on women....so my honest answer is yes, go for it. Pink gator works for me if it looks good on you (Kinda hard to judge by your hand alone...) :D