When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Favourite Avatars

KB

Ajoesmith explained about his avatar. Who is Trish? :)

Sorry, I just know Jenna Jameson and slappers like that. Oh, and BTW, my other favourite avatar is Rolli's:

av-2837.jpg

Trish Stratus, former fitness model, record-holding multi-time WWF/E Women's Champion and former medical student.

She refused to do Playboy while many others in the business did not.

She proved a model (and wrestling fan) had it in her to become a great champion cheered on by the fans, and won the Women's title an unprecedented number of times.

She started out as eye candy and a "manager" for 2 misfit wrestlers. She went on to become one of the most popular wrestlers (men or women), and could put on a great match, raising the bar in women's wrestling in North America (the Japanese have the best wrestlers, but not the same charisma). She quit at the age of 30 (end of last year) to get married to her childhood sweetheart and have a family. Her last match was in her hometown of Toronto where she received a standing ovation in her farewell match.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You mean her character won, not her. You can't use 'prove' and Kayfabe at the same time. :whistling:

Ah, Pug knows a thing or two... ;)

( Dun be a Pug! )

WWE has lazy writing nowadays and sometimes take aspects of what someone is good at to create their character. The Rock became good when he was given free reign on the microphone. Stone Cold got his anger from being sacked by fed-ex by WCW (Eric Bischoff). Some characters are manufactured totally (Goldberg, Brock Lesnar) but not all.

Trish started out as a manager and wanted to wrestle as she was a fan since a child. Most of the women in WWE are not wrestlers and few show the same aptitude or ability to develop their skills. Most put on awful matches and have to rely on the "Bra & Panties" type matches for fans to want to watch. On top of that, charisma is hard to come by.

A title reign is usually given to a popular wrestler ('s character) as recognition of their value, wrestling ability and increasingly their money-making ability. Trish Stratus was the most bankable female wrestler.

Some manufactured characters just dont succeed. The Rock in his first incarnation as Rocky Maivia was hated even though he was supposed to be a "good guy".

And kayfabe is occassionally broken - the Bret Hart Montreal incident springs to mind.

Hmmmm, I know far too much, it's been a long time since I watched any current wrestling.

Edited by Chronus

My avatar is of a girl my wife met on line. Eventually we were vacationing in an area close to where the girl lived and we met in person. As one might have guessed from the photo, she was an exotic dancer (I say was - we haven't kept up with her). It made for an interesting visit to say the least.

When I first joined RWGI, one member used a photo of his girlfriend as his avatar. She wasn't a conventional sexpot, but was more of what I would describe as an "ideosyncratic beauty." And from this member's handle and posts I couldn't tell whether this person was male or female. So I was really intrigued, but eventually figured out the truth.

The question I always ask is, if an avatar is meant to represent you in some way, what exactly do the sexpot avatars really say?

I'm curious as to who's it was.

Edited by gioarmani

well, looks like EMMZY got his wish... i was asked to remove my avatar as the admins got a "number of complaints"... which i can only assume means they got one... after almost 3 years, the animated STICK FIGURE has been removed...

Wun't me! I thought it was dumb, though. Sorry Poops. :)

ok. over it.

LOL. There's a photographer who is coming out with a kind of "Celebs caught in Embarrassing Acts!" coffeetable book.

Your new avatar reminded me of this, which I almost died laughing when I first saw, at the same time, going :nono:

ht2020queen061031ssvgp3.jpg

I don't think Admin and the Mods would allow it though. :p

My avatar is of a girl my wife met on line. Eventually we were vacationing in an area close to where the girl lived and we met in person. As one might have guessed from the photo, she was an exotic dancer (I say was - we haven't kept up with her). It made for an interesting visit to say the least.

I don't have a gf at the moment, can I meet her ? ;)

When I first joined RWGI, one member used a photo of his girlfriend as his avatar. She wasn't a conventional sexpot, but was more of what I would describe as an "ideosyncratic beauty." And from this member's handle and posts I couldn't tell whether this person was male or female. So I was really intrigued, but eventually figured out the truth.

The question I always ask is, if an avatar is meant to represent you in some way, what exactly do the sexpot avatars really say?

@jkerouac,

This has taken some chasing down.... but I think you may have been referring to member Fendushi... who was a mod.

He is still around, and a member here, posts from time to time.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=310663

And can assure you, he was/is a DEFINITE... he!

From memory, he floated between living in Asia, and Sydney....have I got the right one?

Offshore

FWIW, my avatar is my great uncle.

Shot down and killed in WWII over Luzon.

I have his flight journals. And a sketchbook of his.

We are oddly very close. Makes sense? Perhaps not to you, the reader of this post.

But to me, it all makes sense.

Cheers

Makes sense to me. I always liked it, and now I understand the story behind it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Another one I like is The Zigmeister's one. I believe it's a painting of his own. A picture of a bygone age :)

Actually, my dear V, a tesseract is a 4-D cube... :nerd::smartass:

Not quite. What you're looking at is a 3D representation of a 4D hypercube. To make matters even more confusing, the pictures are 2D representations of a 3D representation of a 4D cube (hypercube).

... Oh dear, I've gone cross-eyed.

Not quite. What you're looking at is a 3D representation of a 4D hypercube. To make matters even more confusing, the pictures are 2D representations of a 3D representation of a 4D cube (hypercube).

... Oh dear, I've gone cross-eyed.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...