When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Casey

What are the major flaws on the 029 other than the crown and lume.Thank's in advance.

I will second that...also, the font could be a little bit brighter..but other than this...crown, lume, and mag/date need a little work...after that, voila..perfect 29!

With all those exciting news currently coming about crowns, datewheels, cyclopses, relumes, and AR coating, I think that a 029 could come quite close to the gen.

Now that I think about it, Finepics stands behind 90% of all mods... :blink:

I am pretty sure the original "A" version of the 29 did not have AR. I am not sure about the about the "B" version. In the early days many of the PAM "special versions" did not have AR. Also, I don't think that in 1997-1998 Panerai was using super-luminova, so standard luminova may be more appropriate. Put on a lello crown, buff the case (not the bezel) and you are pretty close.

Regards.

Is that a water spot on the face of the watch? or is it a flaw?

54133-35742.gif

Oh my!...

All that poor work of ours on cyclops... :(

What are the major flaws on the 029 other than the crown and lume.Thank's in advance.

Only the cyclops . Got a 2893-29 from eddie lee about a week ago. it has not lost a second, once i set and wound it properly. awesome watch.

Click the link listed below, select 029, then select the pic for the 029.

http://www.paneristi.com/reference/vendome/numbers.html

Take a good look at the photo of the gen and look at your rep, the minute track and the hour indices are considerably farther away from the rehaut than on the rep. Pay particular attention to how far the "T Swiss Made T" is from the rehaut. All of the above mentioned flaws by others can be fixed, but the dial is just plain wrong and nothing short of a new dial can repair the flaw.

Please don't take me wrong, I own the 029 (It's now my daily beater), if it were any more accurate as a time keeper I'd probably have to have QUARTZ printed on the dial........I wouldn't get rid of it for love nor money), but that doesn't change the fact that the flaw is present. It also has the incorrect serial numbers on the case back, again that doesn't bother me in the least, but it is incorrect.

If you are looking for an almost dead on rep..........063 (also have the 063), has B (incorrect) instead of C (correct) on serial on the case back, replace the date font, cyclop, and crown, your about as close as you are going to get on any rep.

BTW, as mentioned I own both the 029 and 063, know the flaws are there, and in all likelyhood will never do the mods even though I am able to do these myself, they really just don't bother me. I'm not asking any of you to quit discussing reps, just lighten up a little an enjoy these damn fine watches.

Click the link listed below, select 029, then select the pic for the 029.

http://www.paneristi.com/reference/vendome/numbers.html

Take a good look at the photo of the gen and look at your rep, the minute track and the hour indices are considerably farther away from the rehaut than on the rep. Pay particular attention to how far the "T Swiss Made T" is from the rehaut. All of the above mentioned flaws by others can be fixed, but the dial is just plain wrong and nothing short of a new dial can repair the flaw.

Please don't take me wrong, I own the 029 (It's now my daily beater), if it were any more accurate as a time keeper I'd probably have to have QUARTZ printed on the dial........I wouldn't get rid of it for love nor money), but that doesn't change the fact that the flaw is present. It also has the incorrect serial numbers on the case back, again that doesn't bother me in the least, but it is incorrect.

If you are looking for an almost dead on rep..........063 (also have the 063), has B (incorrect) instead of C (correct) on serial on the case back, replace the date font, cyclop, and crown, your about as close as you are going to get on any rep.

BTW, as mentioned I own both the 029 and 063, know the flaws are there, and in all likelyhood will never do the mods even though I am able to do these myself, they really just don't bother me. I'm not asking any of you to quit discussing reps, just lighten up a little an enjoy these damn fine watches.

Wow, i gotta tell ya, i never noticed the difference between the gen and rep with respect to differences in distance to the rehaut... i wouldn't call it significant or noticeable to 95% of the general population, but ur right... as for the 063, i tried several dealers on this site.. they seem to be pretty tuff to get at this point, at least with 2892-29 movement.

The minute hand is a bit longer and the GMT hand is a bit longer on the rep than the gen, that's for sure. Still, there are only a handful of people in the world who would notice that. I have the 063 and I love it. Caseback is wrong, no big deal. Date mag, date font and crown could be changed, but this is one great watch. I love it and that 2893 keeps time spot on. I don't know if I'll do the mods or not. I go back and forth. AR coating would be sweet. But really all you need is a nice strap and you've got yourself a fantastic timepiece.

Climb on.