When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thinking of getting rubber strap for Aquaracer

World Traveller

I'm starting to think this watch might be more fun to wear with the rubber strap, has anybody seen a replica of the Aquaracer with the rubber strap to know how the rubber feels? The gen rubber strap is quite expensive. I wonder if it is very hard to change bracelets.

The gen of this strap is crazy expensive, 275!! Must be some nice rubber

http://www.authenticwatches.com/tag-heuer-...cer-ft8011.html

That seller is NOTORIOUSLY expensive ;)

Ask at your local AD, you may be surprised. But IMO the rep is just as good.

My spare rubber strap for my black Aquaracer is on its way back to me after a delay, but from photos (close-up photos), it's pretty much indistinguishable from gen. Anyway, gen Tag rubber straps generally do not have the silky smooth finish and soft feel that say, Omega straps do, which is why I bought gen for my UPO.

Here's a pic of the 'Racer on rubber :D

img1304ps0.jpg

img1315ys2.jpg

The gen of this strap is crazy expensive, 275!! Must be some nice rubber

http://www.authenticwatches.com/tag-heuer-...cer-ft8011.html

Funny you posted this. I bought my Blue Aquaracer from Josh a few weeks ago. I got the one with the steel bracelet but also order the rubber bracelet from Josh too. I planning to put it on tonight. Hopefully I will be able to get some pics up for you.

Funny you posted this. I bought my Blue Aquaracer from Josh a few weeks ago. I got the one with the steel bracelet but also order the rubber bracelet from Josh too. I planning to put it on tonight. Hopefully I will be able to get some pics up for you.

That'd be great Feta! I would love to see it. I hope it is not too hard to change the strap.

Ask at your local AD, you may be surprised. But IMO the rep is just as good.

My spare rubber strap for my black Aquaracer is on its way back to me after a delay, but from photos (close-up photos), it's pretty much indistinguishable from gen. Anyway, gen Tag rubber straps generally do not have the silky smooth finish and soft feel that say, Omega straps do, which is why I bought gen for my UPO.

What happened to your spare?

Thanks for the pics Doc! I will check some ADs around here and see what they say. Too bad the UPO strap doesnt fit the Tag :p

I think I've read where it's not hard to change the strap/bracelet out, but getting pins out on a bracelet has proved to be the most difficult for any rep ever.

Guys, swapping bracelet for strap? It's just a simple spring bar off-and-on, 30 second job.

But yes resizing it is not for the faint-hearted or inexperienced. My advice? Pay a watchsmith. My own did a very clean job although it took a little while. At least you know, it's going to hold up, the bracelet quality is THAT good, on a par with gen IMO.

Surely you blue diallers have seen dealer pics with rubber strap? :unsure: If I were you i'd stick with the bracelet - personally, I think only one dial suits the rubber strap :whistling:

I think I've read where it's not hard to change the strap/bracelet out, but getting pins out on a bracelet has proved to be the most difficult for any rep ever.

Yep... the pins on my AquaRacer were extremely tight... and a real pain to get off. Just as tight as on the UPO.

@Feta: Any pics of your 'Racer with the rubber strap yet? I'd be curious to see it.

Yep... the pins on my AquaRacer were extremely tight... and a real pain to get off. Just as tight as on the UPO.

@Feta: Any pics of your 'Racer with the rubber strap yet? I'd be curious to see it.

Sorry guys the weekend got away from me and I didn't have a chance to change it. BUT, when I got home tonight I took 5 min to make the switch. I will take some pictures tomorrow when the I have better light. I'll also wear it a bit to to give you my impression.

Sorry guys the weekend got away from me and I didn't have a chance to change it. BUT, when I got home tonight I took 5 min to make the switch. I will take some pictures tomorrow when the I have better light. I'll also wear it a bit to to give you my impression.

Well I finally took some pics. Please excuse the quality, but I think you will get the general idea. My over all impression is that the rubber strap looks great. I think it goes very nicely with the black numbers on the outer bezel. The strap is also very comfortable. The one small issue, and it really isn't an issue for me but might be for others, is that there is a slight separation between the strap ans the watch (just above the pearl and below the "30"). I can hardly notice it and don't mind it at all. I jave a small wrist, those with larger ones shouldn't notice it as much. Have a look!

cimg2080na3.jpg

cimg2083kr7.jpg

cimg2076ro3.jpg

It's definitely very "sporty" now. :)

Thanks for the pics... they change the looks of the watch quite a lot. However I love the bracelet, the polished middle links compliment the electric blue dial perfectly.

It's definitely very "sporty" now. :)

Thanks for the pics... they change the looks of the watch quite a lot. However I love the bracelet, the polished middle links compliment the electric blue dial perfectly.

I agree I love the metal bracelet too, but I am also I big fan of the rubber strap. I have a feeling I will be switching them every few weeks. Now that I have the rubber strap on it will give me a chance to polish the mid links with a cape cod cloth. Te only draw back to the bracelet is that it is prone to easy scratching, and I already have a few, so this will give me a chance to buff them out ^_^

I agree I love the metal bracelet too, but I am also I big fan of the rubber strap. I have a feeling I will be switching them every few weeks. Now that I have the rubber strap on it will give me a chance to polish the mid links with a cape cod cloth. Te only draw back to the bracelet is that it is prone to easy scratching, and I already have a few, so this will give me a chance to buff them out ^_^

Thanks so much for posting these photos Feta1. I am going to go ahead and order the strap now.

The bracelet is extra-ordinarily prone to scratching! I have to wonder if this is because of some substandard steel used in it. The case has zero scratches but I get more scratches on the clasp where it says "tag heuer" in 2 days with this watch than I do after a month on a similarly finished Seiko I have.

This is one of the main reasons I want to switch out to the rubber, also to freshen the look of it and keep the watch sporty. The rubber is more demur and lets the focus be on the case and the face not the bracelet.

The bracelet is extra-ordinarily prone to scratching! I have to wonder if this is because of some substandard steel used in it. The case has zero scratches but I get more scratches on the clasp where it says "tag heuer" in 2 days with this watch than I do after a month on a similarly finished Seiko I have.

Sub-standard steel??? :blink: Clearly you haven't resized your bracelet, built and finished like a tank :lol:

As for scratching, maybe it's just the user that is extraordinarily prone to scratching it? ;) Clasp is always the most prone place for scratches anyway for obvious reasons, no big deal, if it bothers you just rebrush every couple of months.

All polished areas are prone to scratching... and so are the Aquaracer bracelet middle links... so no surprise there. You should see my father's collagues gen TT Sub (just a year old). The hairline scratches are however visible only in certain lighting, so no big deal to me. Small scratches just add character.

PS: Congrats for the new watch Star!

Sub-standard steel??? :blink: Clearly you haven't resized your bracelet, built and finished like a tank :lol:

As for scratching, maybe it's just the user that is extraordinarily prone to scratching it? ;) Clasp is always the most prone place for scratches anyway for obvious reasons, no big deal, if it bothers you just rebrush every couple of months.

Substandard is too strong a word, the bracelet is strong...just the clasp area is the most scratch prone piece of metal I have ever seen on any watch I've owned. It could be just be the way I wore it but I think I'll still go with the rubber and see how that works out. The rest of the watch is very scratch resistant so far. The case feels unbelievably solid.

All polished areas are prone to scratching... and so are the Aquaracer bracelet middle links... so no surprise there. You should see my father's collagues gen TT Sub (just a year old). The hairline scratches are however visible only in certain lighting, so no big deal to me. Small scratches just add character.

True, I'm being silly to worry about it, cape cods get them out right away too...

I heard that the rubber straps on Omegas are awesome and I'm wondering if one of those will fit the Tag.

http://www.ofrei.com/page750.html

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...

From now on all my divers on canvas..

I love steel bracelets but somehow they never wear comfortable for me. Warm weather, little too tight.. When evening or cold, it sightly slides on my wrist, little too loose

I also like rubber bracelets when made properly and don't have a stinky smell to them.

I feel the canvas sits even more comfortable than rubber.

4c1baf1a4bbd8330602c5cc09920ea06.jpg

24cb018cfa51fecd309bf0e844efd478.jpg