When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ever Heard Of Dirk Straps?

Willith

IMHO, you piece all the various factoids that are coming out and then have to stop kidding yourself. If you are buying from him, you are buying from a guy who ragged on reps and persecuted rep buyers on his web site to please that constituency, changed his tune when he realized that it was a bigger market selling on the rep forums, who threatened certain members here and then elected to hijack a guys first name to mislead buyers. It may be legal, but come on. I can think of better places to spend my money.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just FYI:

® = registered trademark

™ = unregistered trademark

This is correct. But since the point of a 'trademark' is the legal protection you get by registering it, an unregistered trademark doesn't mean much (as in, adding the letters TM adds nothing to your rights)

In the UK and Australia the symbol TM is totally meaningless. Only ® counts for anything, and it's illegal to use this if it's not registered.

I believe (but I may be wrong) that the use of TM in the US indicates that you have applied for registration, but that it is not yet registered.

No such application has been made according the relevant IP databases.

Given that he isn't even claiming to have applied to trademark TC Straps (which naturally you would do at the same time), the whole thing sounds like a bit of a fantasy.

I can respond to this,, I was told today by a very good friend,, that Elliott has TOLD him that HE now owns the name TC Dirks, AND either "Dirks.com",,, or/and "DirksStraps.com",,, etc,, So you can lay-off your somewhat defense of this scumbag, that I, and SEVERAL others on this and other boards TOLD you he was a scumbag way back when,,, OK?

I'm NOT defending him, most emphatically. I'm saying he is lying. TC Dirks is NOT a registered trademark, to him or anybody else.

TM doesn't mean anything in U.S.

Dutchy has a TM. hehe. :p

:lol:

Apparently the use of TM comes under state law in the US. And in Texas, the relevant state, anyone can add this without it meaning much.

There is also a process to register trademarks at a state level in Texas - this gives you a presumption in your favour within Texas, but that is all. It is conceivable that he has done this. However, it provides no US-wide protection, and it would be trumped by a US or international registered trademark.

It certainly doesn't stop Dirk using his own name, or registering a proper trade mark, or place any restriction upon questions of 'passing off'.

I'll go and the words:

and

the

anyone can use these words as long as they pay me a small fee.

Thank you.

Good night and good luck.

:whistling:

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Using someone else's reputation for financial gain without recompensation or recognition, and especially without permission, is pathetically unethical... low as all [censored]in buggery. :thumbdown::angry2:

Sorry to say that, but this has to be the most ridiculous comment that one can make on a replica watch forum...

I ll find your reps in FS section. :g:

You guys are nuts. Dirk is the first guy who was benefiting from repping the original OP straps.

He copied the design of the PAV straps and put the OP logo on the sewn-in buckle on his first batch of Dirk straps. I guess way back when Panerai was so down they didn't bother sueing him. Eventually, he changed the design of the buckle with the 5218 stamping. Those are the second batch. The latest design has changed again to have the CF buckle on it.

There is no question that Dirk strap is lengendary. I will continue to buy Dirk strap if I see what I like same as I will continue to buy rep watches from China, Taiwan, Thailand, Germany, etc...... I see some of you guys will be getting out of rep watch collection hobby soon.

If quality and pricing is good on the TC Dirk strap, I am not excluding myself from buying them either. I have no history with Elliot. To me, he sells straps.

Sorry to say that, but this has to be the most ridiculous comment that one can make on a replica watch forum...

That will not be the right thing to do to resell rep watches. They should all be distroyed and dumped in the garbage can.

Sorry, but right back at ya... :bleh::bicycle:

I can barely find the correlation between buying reps and stealing a single man's identity/name who has much respect throughout both the gen and the rep communities.

This is a man, a craftsman, a good man, a gentleman, who has built his reputation over the years as such... Not a large corporation that has been purchased over and over again playing the marketing game with tens of millions, probably hundreds of millions. of dollars.

I suppose you could compare the two situations at a very rudimentary level, so if that's what you wanna do, it's ok by me, but I still think it's low.

Yep 54 is down right now.

What a joke, TC should just sell Dirk-a-like straps, it's not like everyone doesn't know Dirk is Dirk and TC Dirk is E. I'm pretty sure most of his business from genuine panerai owners comes thru the forums so he's cutting his own throat. While the rep panerai owners wouldn't care if it was a rep dirk as long as it looks like, feels like and costs less than a real Dirk... :p

Oh well as the strap world turns....

I'm selling the exclusive rights to 'fu$§*tard'

Would look great on a calling-card, corporate logo or your dog's ID collar.

All proceeds donated to the Edge Fund...

:lol::lol::lol:

But I think people will know the difference between somebody who has purchased the rights to being called a 'fu$§*tard' and the genuine article! :animal_rooster:

It would seem our compatriots at RWI are seriously enamoured with their latest suitor, the irrepressible Elliott.

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic....2995&highlight=

How anyone, with a modicum of intelligence, could consider his actions as being beneficial to their forum, totally escapes one. He has sent VP members scurrying to safer climes, who knows, some may even see the light and join a legitimate rep forum? At least one without his grubby presence.

Must be all the freebies; but like lambs to the slaughter, he will lead these misguided youth.

And when he finally brings RWI to its knees, and there is nothing more certain, they will all need to find a new house to play in as well.

Trademark or not, these are the actions of a seriously dirty individual.

So Elliott- remember- I am

Watchingu

It would seem our compatriots at RWI are seriously enamoured with their latest suitor, the irrepressible Elliott.

How anyone, with a modicum of intelligence, could consider his actions as being beneficial to their forum, totally escapes one. He has sent VP members scurrying to safer climes, who knows, some may even see the light and join a legitimate rep forum? At least one without his grubby presence.

Must be all the freebies; but like lambs to the slaughter, he will lead these misguided youth.

And when he finally brings RWI to its knees, and there is nothing more certain, they will all need to find a new house to play in as well.

Watchingu

Curious reaction, you're right! And yes, the main point is that this was a low blow.

But don't forget people - TC Dirk's are the ONLY Dirk with a "100% guaranty agianst waterpfoofing"

I don't know why, but waterpfoofing cracks me up! :lol:

Curious reaction, you're right! And yes, the main point is that this was a low blow.

But don't forget people - TC Dirk's are the ONLY Dirk with a "100% guaranty agianst waterpfoofing"

I don't know why, but waterpfoofing cracks me up! :lol:

Have you ever seen one of his waterproof straps?... Of COURSE they're waterproof,,, PLASTIC is naturally waterproof...

Watchingu

Join in at RWI. It's fun.

I have been a member at TRC and RWG-1 since 03 and have joined RWG-2 and RWI since inception earlier this year. I don't see there should be any negative aspect by allowiing Elliot on TRC and RWI forums.

Do I know Elliot as a person..? Do I know Drew is alcoholic..? Do I know Don is a gambler..? Do I know Greg is gay..? No. No. No. No. I don't know and I don't care. I do not see pass the product, price and service when buying a strap for my beloved watches. Be it a Dirk, TC Dirk or anything else.

And talking intellectual property infringement in a rep forum is laughable to me. Also, what about the guy at the 'P' site always selling so call NOS straps known as Dirk. Are those real Dirk's..? Elliot is not the only guy doing it.

Some of you guys have history with Elliot and I respect that. But please do not insult people over at RWI. Afterall, we all share the same hobby and a lot of us frequent the same forums.

I think the point that Watchingu made was when all the watch world (rep and gen) are condemning Elliot for this, he found one small group that was actually applauding him.

Ken

I can barely find the correlation between buying reps and stealing a single man's identity/name who has much respect throughout both the gen and the rep communities.

This is a man, a craftsman, a good man, a gentleman, who has built his reputation over the years as such... Not a large corporation that has been purchased over and over again playing the marketing game with tens of millions, probably hundreds of millions. of dollars.

Sounds like you know the man in person. How many sugar does he take with his coffee..? Or does he drink coffee at all..? How did he start his strap business..? Who makes his straps..?

And I don't think he would like to have his name in anyway or form in assciated with our rep community here.

Jumping on bandwagon is easy.