When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

measurements of gen 3135 movement

stilty

Bit of a two part post.

I'm wondering if anyone has the exact measurements of a Rolex 3135 movement? I've got some close measurements that I've taken from the inside of a case, but would like the measurements of the movement.

The movement has a step where the dial sits. The top part steps in and I'm guessing the diameter would be the same as a dial, approx. 27.8mm, and I'm guessing the rest of the movement would be approx. 28.5mm. My case measurements on the inside are 28.04 and 28.57.

here is a picture of a gen from the dial side to show what I mean. I guess it is the date disc holder that I need a measurement for, and also how thick it is, or how deep that step is. My guess is it is between 0.4mm and 0.6mm.

cotedate.jpg

The wider diameter of 28.5 I'm guessing is the main plate of the movement. Anyone have the measurements that they can share?

What I am looking into, is getting some movement holders made for 2892-A2 movements. If I can get the exact measurements, then I can get the outside diameter of the holder cut to those measurements. I can then have the inside diameter of the holder cut to the measurements of the 2892-A2 and have perfect fitting movement holder.

I have yet to get a cost, but would like to have the drawings done before a approach someone to get them made.

Would there be any interest if I can get them made at a decent price?

I'm only looking to get them for 2892-A2's as I have yet to find a good solution for this movement.

thanks.

Thanks Freddy. Is it exactly 28.5mm? I know that is what a 12.5''' is listed as such, but when I measure the 2892 eta movement, which is called 25.6 or 11.5''', it actually measures at 26.18 mm.

I also have another that is listed at 12.5''', but actual measurement is 28.36mm.

and also, when I measure a 2824-2 it measures at 25.98mm, not 25.6 as listed.

Hi, I guess I should try to explain a little better of what I'm trying to find.

As you can see from the cross reference shot of a 3135, the movement sits in the case in steps.

I would like to find out

a.) the diameter of that step, it is most likely the date disc holder and is probably the same diameter of a dial.

b.) the diameter of the actual movement, yes I know they are listed as 28.5mm, but are they a true 28.5, or slightly smaller or larger?

c.) the thickness of that step. This is the important measurement I need as I don't want it to be too short or too tall and have the spacer not fit exactly in the steps of the gen case.

Does this make sense? Basically, I'm trying to make some drawing to replicate a movement holder that will fit like a gen 3135 in the case.

3135crossze4.jpg