When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is This Silix Cheap Cn Editon Or The Real Deal..

kegra

Smells like...... hmmm..... :huh:

I would never buy from a seller on ebay who says he´s located in Greece and writes in german.

Then he doesn´t say with a single word that this is a genuine item.

Auf gut Deutsch: Bist wahrscheinlich beschissen worden.

he just has says that the retail value is 480 euros.. this is a way to say its gen.. i took it cause i am located in greece also..

John

is there a difference between silix lighters and the ones trusty and paul offer?

Trusty says yes there is a difference, he sells dupont twice the price as silix does.. but here is his answer..

There are 2 versions. One which does not have the usual LOUD "PING" sound and one with the LOUD "PING" sound when you flip open the lighter. I am selling the better version one.

John

yes, his price is double, but his price on CN Unitas watches was almost TRIPLE the silix price a while ago and not a bit better :)

LOL yes but now his prices are ok and he has better communication than silix MHO..

Back to Subject anybody has a clue if this F***ING dupond is gen or not...

Thanks

John I'm sorry to say this but you have a habit of buying from eBay before you know if it's gen, I seriously doubt that we have any members who can say for sure wether this is in fact a gen or rep lighter.

I don't actually own a rep lighter (gave up smokes) but from the reviews I've seen everyone has stated that the rep looks identical to the gen.

Ken

John I'm sorry to say this but you have a habit of buying from eBay before you know if it's gen, I seriously doubt that we have any members who can say for sure wether this is in fact a gen or rep lighter.

I don't actually own a rep lighter (gave up smokes) but from the reviews I've seen everyone has stated that the rep looks identical to the gen.

Ken

Yes you are right Ken .. :whistling: but i have a logic out of this..

I am biddig for the item till wallet can reach if i win the item iam ready to pay the money then i ask any qustion or take any precaution in order to be sure that if i pay i will get a gen item. Ebay policy states clear that no counrtefeit items could be sold on Ebay (if they care) so ebay is on my side, if the item proved to be countrefeit i do not pay and the seller is reported to ebay, i get no negative feedback cause this is s scam auction. Even if my feedback is stil small (17) its 100%. i always can ask for a serial or other verifiable means in order to know if this gen or not.

So thats why iam "risking"..

John

He has sold a lot of these.

Looking through his history, he's showing all the signs of an eBay scammer. First load of bids are for cheap stuff like eBooks and the like with private bidding and sellers who are no longer registered, which gets him a positive rating.

Then, he sells loads of lighters, one of which has an unstamped waranty, and he buys a rolex warranty card. Maybe he's about to move into selling rep watches as real?

I wouldn't touch the dealer with a barge pole.

With my limited knowledge of spanish, the bad review he had was someone calling his lighter [censored] and getting refunded, and the complainer states he didn't get the refund.

The lighter may be genuine, but the dealer seems to be a fake.

Looking through his history, he's showing all the signs of an eBay scammer. First load of bids are for cheap stuff like eBooks and the like with private bidding and sellers who are no longer registered, which gets him a positive rating.

Then, he sells loads of lighters, one of which has an unstamped waranty, and he buys a rolex warranty card. Maybe he's about to move into selling rep watches as real?

I wouldn't touch the dealer with a barge pole.

With my limited knowledge of spanish, the bad review he had was someone calling his lighter [censored] and getting refunded, and the complainer states he didn't get the refund.

The lighter may be genuine, but the dealer seems to be a fake.

Yes you are right on the spot..Thank you.

he has sold the same lighter more than 3 times.. :Jumpy:

http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...item=8935101849

http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...item=8932032475

http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...item=8930062212

the same as he sells to me right now... The guy is Greek and iam going to report it to Ebay now..

Thank you all for the help. I do own a lot to this forum.

Sorry for this chep way of showing Gratitude..

Pugwash & Cwai02 you have 1000RWG cash each of you

John

gotta say as far as silix goes, i have owned two of their duponts and they most certainly have the ping.

i haven't owned ones from paul or andrew so i can't compare but i can say that jay and angel's quality level is high on these. these are very heavy and solid with the ping. as i remember thor has pics and video that were posted on rwg1.

the loud ping is like the singature of the dupont lighters so its important to get the one with the loud ping.

... hmmm reminds me of a monty pythong skit

Trusty says yes there is a difference, he sells dupont twice the price as silix does.. but here is his answer..

There are 2 versions. One which does not have the usual LOUD "PING" sound and one with the LOUD "PING" sound when you flip open the lighter. I am selling the better version one.

John

gotta say as far as silix goes, i have owned two of their duponts and they most certainly have the ping.

i haven't owned ones from paul or andrew so i can't compare but i can say that jay and angel's quality level is high on these. these are very heavy and solid with the ping. as i remember thor has pics and video that were posted on rwg1.

I second that. I own a few of Silix Duponts and they are just amazing. Very heavy, certainly with a nice loud ping sound and they are refillable with original Dupont gas or cheap refills. You can use the cheap Zippo flintstones as well.

Excellent product with an unbeatable price!!

I think it's the usual, if it looks too good to be true. Then it is.

Cheers Johnkaz.

THat is usually the case... and it makes me suspicious that the guy crossed out the serial number, since alle the Duponts I saw so far with our dealers had the same serial No. I could confirm it if I had his serial number.

Edited by hanswurst

:D have one gen., one from Jos . Not the serial # only, even marking is diff. , genuine leather box is more bright,closer to red color etc . Have no doubt on my genuine - bought by myself in San Marino ,authorized dealer.

Genuine set:

62062-34441.jpg

Asian version:

62062-34442.jpg

camera : NOKIA cellular :) :) :)

Edited by everlast