When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SD4Ks community guide on best IWC replicas

Seadweller4000

Nice review. All your points are good points. The one question I have was regarding the AMG ti chrono and its ti finish. My colleague wears the gen daily and based on the pics of the rep I have seen the finish and exact coloring does not appear identical. I found that the case with the GST chrono but less noticeable. A good polishing reduced the textured look and lightened up the color to virtually identical.

Wow, another amazing contribution.

I know Pugwash had a IWC guide under construction... perhaps you guys could merge your efforts in the future? :)

PS: I pinned it of course.

I know Pugwash had a IWC guide under construction... perhaps you guys could merge your efforts in the future? :)

Yeah, I was just waiting for the Aquatimer to be released before posting it. :(

Oh well, you snooze you lose, I suppose. :D

Great article, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Regarding the text on your page about the Prtugieser automatic. I am having the IWCS016 from Silix for two months now. "Very good replicas and some of the most beautiful watches I have yet to see. But again there is the bad chrono-module which may kill the movement after some time". This is exactly what startens to happen with mine. It stops at 36". some tapping makes it run again but this is awefull/ I love the watch. I am looking for suggestions how to solve (letting repair it). Can tou give me some advise or directions.

Thank, Ruud Kuiper

Regarding the text on your page about the Prtugieser automatic. I am having the IWCS016 from Silix for two months now. "Very good replicas and some of the most beautiful watches I have yet to see. But again there is the bad chrono-module which may kill the movement after some time". This is exactly what startens to happen with mine. It stops at 36". some tapping makes it run again but this is awefull/ I love the watch. I am looking for suggestions how to solve (letting repair it). Can tou give me some advise or directions.

Thank, Ruud Kuiper

Well, you could try to get a whole new movement and get it installed or have a standart (new) asian 7750 put into it with a frozen second at six and a disabled second at 9. Maybe a (real) service will do the trick, too - but you will need to find a watchsmith who works on asian mvmts...

This great post deserves a BUMP.

Just re-read it again. Great stuff. :)

Thanks Mate! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You are right, this should be updated - also with the new Big Pilot replicas. But I am stick in the middle of my exams, so this will have to wait until its done. Hopefully I will be back in around 2 weeks. biggrin.gif

Look who peaked behind the banners ;) hello B. good to see u around best luck with exams, see u around m8.

Laz

• 4 weeks later...

Thank, Ruud Kuiper

I used to get Edge (Chris) to fix cosmetic problems on my watches - but he has told me that for the time being, he is not taking any more work. The Zigmeister seems to be the supremo on the forum - but I have never tried him. Being in the UK, I use a pretty good watchmaker (http://www.michaelallenwatchmaker.co.uk/) who works on my gens (including vintage pateks) as well as my reps. The great thing is that whilst he does take some time to get complicated work done, he is able to get sapphire crystals made, gold cases officially hallmarked and make parts for some of my vintage stuff that we could not find replacement parts for. Not all watchmakers will fix reps.

NOTE: In the UK (maybe elsewhere as well) if you are sending or having watches (purchases or repairs) sent to you by post, make sure you insure/over-insure as the Royal Mail is full of thieves who are on the lookout for items (particularly watches, it seems, to steal). I shall post a warning thread on this scam in slightly greater detail - having lost 3 watches in the last 18 months this way. Much better: use FEDEX/DHL!! Hope this helps a bit.

• 4 months later...