When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date Font Misaligned

ryaku

Not a big issue but it bothers me anyway.

Date number isn't well centered as you can see in the pic below:

58748-35062.jpg

Is it an easy fix?

I think i'll take to a watchmaker to get serviced and i'll take the opportunity to fix it as well.

Cheers :)

Not a big issue but it bothers me anyway.

Date number isn't well centered as you can see in the pic below:

59277-34967.jpg

Is it an easy fix?

I think i'll take to a watchmaker to get serviced and i'll take the opportunity to fix it as well.

Cheers :)

No tip?!

No way, I am afraid, ryaku.

As for side-to-side alignment, no way for sure.

As for top-bottom alignment, the datewheel is solid with the movement by means of teeth. So the only way to get it properly centered in the date window is by slightly rotating the dial with respect to the movement -- counterclockwise, in your case.

But this would leave your watch with a misaligned dial with respect to the watch case.

Conversely, rotating the movement is not possible because of the crown stem.

Maybe you can act a little on the dial and a little on the movement, just some fraction of mm each, so ending up with a little misaligned dial and a little misaligned crown stem, but the overall result is highly unsure. You are likely going to be bothered by those results even more than by your current date misalignment.

Better to hear from your watchsmith, anyway.

Mi dispiace, ciao!

I was afraid of having such an answer as King told me the same and i think she's sincere.

Watch is a real beauty and i can enjoy it anyway.

I would have preferred to be aware of that flaw before buying but i'm sure i would have bought anyway at the end.

That's the risk of buying new model replica for first.

I won't be pioneer never again here. :D

Edited by ryaku

Which movement is inside? Is this the Link with 2824, or the Link Chronograph with 7750?

Also, is the date misaligned with all 31 dates or is it specific to certain dates only?

Movement is Asian 7750.

All date numbers are a bit misaligned (by the way...is that the right english word?).

It's possible that the entire datewheel was printed with the fonts offcenter, though I would think that if that were the case, you would see different alignment patterns throughout the dates as the offcentered printing rotates through (i.e. on the '30, you show the date as positioned in the upper right hand corner, while on the opposite side the 15 would be in the lower left hand corner of the date window).

If all dates are uniformly positioned in the upper right hand corner, my money would be with the dial being misaligned- Possible that the dial was not centered properly when the dial feet were soldered on.

Can you post a pic of the date set to the 15th?

Couldn't it be that the person who stuck the datefont paper (overlay???) onto the datewheel just rotated it too far in one direction?

Maybe it can be fixed by either printing a new datefont paper or removing the current one and sticking it back aligned properly..

Yes, i think so.

Be patient and i'll take a shot on the 15th of june. :bleh:

I perfectly set hour (and seconds :D ) yesterday, i don't wanna do it again.

You aren't in a hurry, are you?

Misaligned date wheels seem to be a common problem on reps. Even PT's "Ultimate Sub" seems to have misaligned date wheel in his own pics.

Its annoying as hell to spend $200-$400 on a watch and have these issues but remember your spending a fraction of what the gen counterpart would cost!

Give it a trip to a rep friendly watchsmith and have them come up with something.

Jon :victory:

• 5 weeks later...

Update:

Date issue seems to be worst for first days of the month and sometimes it's very annoying (i have to slightly move date manually since i can't stand it).

I wonder if other Tag H. Link owners have the same problem and what they're going to do, or they did, to solve it.

Thank you

To me has happened than with a replica with movement Miyota.

The alignment of the date was completely wrong.

One alone day was corrected on 31.

I have opened the watch. Removed the hands. Lifted the quadrant.

Surprise.

Since the movement Miyota 21 jewels has two wheels one for the day and one for the date,

the authors of rep had created a second wheel in light metal glued on that plastic original.

I have detached the wheel glued with patience.

I have made tests realign the quadrant up to find the correct position for the datestamp.

All the numbers are now visualized correctly except one that is moved downward slightly.

Date misalignment is not uncommon on genuine watches too incidentally.

WRT this rep I am sure the problem is simply a badly printed datewheel. In one case the two-digit dates do not even line up with each other.

In theory an easy fix - either overlay a better printed wheel or replace it with a generic ETA one.

WRT this rep I am sure the problem is simply a badly printed datewheel.

Yes, probabily it is a bad printed datawheel problem.

Unfortunately i'm not enough skilled to try a DIY solution hence i think i should make it fixed by a local watchmaker (not tag official dealer :p ).