When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skype Success Story

Guest TTK

Most of you know that for a long time I had a lot of problems with e-mail...lost messages......information scattered all over the place......too MANY e-mails to answer every day......and obviously I was aware that a lot of members were unhappy about response times etc etc......so I stepped back and had a long hard look at the situation...I was of the opinion that if members could speak to me...it would lead to better and quicker communication........and would help me speed up my response time in every area......so I took a revolutionary step and installed Skype.......I'd like to say that my first month of operating Skype has been a great success.....I've chatted and spoken with many members now.....who feel very comfortable with using Skype....it's a much more efficient way for them to complete the ordering process with me.....and I would like to thank those members who had the foresight and the patience to install Skype and use it as a communications medium with me......thank you gentlemen.

I've always tried to be at the leading edge in terms of providing a good service.....hand picking all my items.....checking each and every one personally....I don't always get it right....but if a problem has arisen...it's usually small...and easily fixable....I was also the first collector to include high quality photographs as a representation of the actual item that you the customer will receive....allied to accurate descriptions with transparent pricing......nothing hidden.

When I introduced the Paypal 'Buy Now Button".....it was quite revolutionary....a simple click took you straight to Paypal with all the relevant information needed to place an order....unfortunately like all revolutions......Paypal put it down....so endeth the Buy Now Button facility....!

I've been encouraging most of my customers to now use Moneygram as an alternative to PP or Moneybookeers (who are now starting to act like Paypal ).....Moneygram is available worldwide both online and at local Post Office / retail outlets such as Wal-Mart etc......very inexpensive ( $350.00 send...= $9.99 fee )........it's just as quick as WU but easier.....I think for trusted dealers it's the payment method of the future.....there's no accountability on the part of either buyer or seller...so no agency can come back to either party and prove what the transaction was.....however as I say it's for trusted dealers only.......customers frequently ask if I take CC ...and my reply is always the same...."I do NOT accept credit cards.....why?...they ask"....simple....I don't want to know nor have any record of your CC details ....simply because I can't guarantee that whatever payment facility I implement.....will not abuse the information you provide.....nor do I want to explain to whatever authority who may be asking about the information that I had.....if YOUR card gets cloned...I don't want to be at the party....it's for YOUR security and MINE......!

As a last note....I've now begun to embed video shows of most of the items I have available......please click on the video to see a selection of photos.......I think it's a great way of browsing......and I hope you enjoy the shows.....!

Thank you to all my customers....and to the members in general.....!

Edited by TTK

ordered a noobmariner from ttk using skype!!

excellent service and communication.

skype was an easy install and easy to use

Im very impressed.

I found moneygram to be a good deal too and they are everywhere incl. online to make payments.

toughest thing to do was deciding the noob color...

i settled on black...

it seemed more classic.

TTK you just make it all sound so easy!! Im gunna check out moneygram online and see how that works. Im lazy and like to shop from my couch.. going to the post office or walmart to send money is way to much work ;) I still need a 1680 red sub to be the base of my next franken, and the time is drawing near....

dizz

I've used skype now for a couple of years, and the last year through my mobile on 3 uk ( free i may add ) I believe the same network are about to make it free to use skype on their pre pay phones too, so if anyone in the UK uses the 3 network, take a look!

Honestly in the past I never ordered from TTK even though I knew he had some of the better watches and personally inspects each and every one. I was put off by the long delays in responses and deliveries. Neil is right, the overload of email just got to be too much and I'm sure it would crush us all. While I don't expect every dealer to adopt Skype, it works for TTK and it works for me.

As a last note....I've now begun to embed video shows of most of the items I have available......

please click on the video to see a selection of photos.......

I think it's a great way of browsing......

and I hope you enjoy the shows.....!

Were is the link to see video?

I've bought two pieces from him in the last month using Skype. Fast, easy and accurate. I really liked the jpegs of him putting the watches in the shipping envelope. Moneygram is a piece of cake as well. TTK provides great watches and great service, what more can you say.

Neill,

Yes Skype works SUPER.

What i don't understand is why you don't accept Moneybookers anymore.

To my knowledge is secure and safe as the bank of switserland and more important transfering money from a to b is virtualy for free whilst moneygram charge +/- 10 us dollars.

Cats

@Cats...I don't take MB anymore because they are asking me to provide the websites where I advertise my goods for sale.....I ain't going down that path....same as Paypal.....fukk 'em.....I'm not giving them money and have them dictate terms to me.....simple.....which is also the case for Moneygram.....it's simple and cheap.....t'aint rocket science....!

Edited by TTK

Neil,

I'm happy to see you try to have the best service.

But i try to connect you with skype a lot of times, I send you a lot of chat msg about my AP Royal Oak Offshore i bought from you in July.

You have the money in August with WU, but since you did not answer to any of my msg, chat, or skype call.

Could you give me more information ?

HELLLOOO.......EARTH CALLING PLANET MONGO...S.T.O.P..COME IN COMMANDER JEROME....S.T.O.P...LAST TRANSMISSION NOT ACKNOWLEDGED.....S.T.O.P..YOU NEED TO OPEN SKYPE COMMS CHANNEL.....S.T.O.P. .HELLOO.......ROGER...OVER AND OUT....S.T.O.P..!

SEE SCREENSHOT BELOW......CANNOT BREAK THRU' VAN ALLEN BELT...RADIATION INTERFERENCE BREAKING UP TRANSMISSION.......EARTH CALLING PLANET MONGO....SEND THREE AND FOURPENCE WE'RE GOING TO A DANCE....!

attjerome.jpg

Edited by TTK