When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The biggest ripoff umbrella on the internet

Jawo

• 3 weeks later...
It is hard to trust a vendor whose entire business model is predicated on extra-legal activities (selling fakes is, ipso facto, illegal) so I went to this site for the reference. (I ordered from Trusty Time and I hope my due diligence pays off.)

Packard, you made a great choice. I have purchased many watches from Trusty and I assure you the service and quality will be great. He will provide you with tracking details and you should get your watch in a very short time. In most places in the world within a week providing the watch is in stock. Always check with the dealer for availabilty prior to ordering. Enjoy you watch. BTW, what did you buy?

A while ago someone on another message board I frequent got ripped off through one of these sites. Too bad for him but I was lucky to be warned. I probably would not have thought twice about ordering from the first store google sent me to. I actually found this forum while searching for a legitimate third party replica review site. I'm sure this topic will save a lot of people from being ripped off

Edited by fool2

I have not gotten word that it has shipped or that even the "testing" is complete.

(What is "testing"? Holding the watch up to your ear to hear is tic?)

I would not trust so much as to the testing. Odds are, the watch was not in stock. Most reps dealers in China will "drop ship". You will learn who the best rep makers are, and those will be the watches to go after. Different factories make different reps. Off-makes like Breguet are nice, but not very much sought after and not made by the better of the rep factories. Focus on the main brands in the subforums for best quality. Hublot, Chopard and some others you will find are also very decent reps. The best thing you can do is read up on all the reviews and member experiences.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought my first 2 reps from them, and I can't say I'm satisfied. I ordered 2 watches (Omega Co-Axial Automatic Chronometer 4677.60.37 and Omega Speedmaster Special Limited Edition 321.90.44.52.01.001 Solar Impulse) for $290 shipped. I received the first after one week (from Hengyan via Guangzhou) and the second after 2 or three weeks (from Shangai), as it was backordered. Unfortunately I had not searched this forum first, so I just ordered the first 2 watches I liked...

Both of them resemble the originals at first look, but you can easily find a bunch of differences if you have the rep in your hands. Judging from the seconds movement and the lack of vibration, the first one must be a quartz, so I paid too much. The second one has non-working sub-dials, I complained and I am still waiting for an explanation about this (no, I won't hold my breath).

I don't want to say much, but now that I look more carefully at the site, both photos and descriptions are not what you get, i.e. check the description for http://www.omegawatchessale.com/watches-1606-Omega-Speedmaster-Special-Limited-Edition-32190445201001-Solar-Impulse.html.

The only reason I'm not completely dissatisfied is that these two watches are somehow rare as replicas, so maybe this could be the only place I could actually afford to buy them!

Edited by xontros

• 1 month later...

Jawo, you have done this forum and so many other folks just getting into replica watches a great service. Thank you!

I, too, started by typing in "replica" into Google. BlueFakes offers such an enticing story: triple wrapped! ... 440 stainless ... and on and on! And all at only $800. I waddled around in these sites, almost all of those you list, for months. But something didn't 'smell' right. I kept looking and looking .and finally found RWG. When I found RWG and listened in to the discussion, I knew I had found the motherload and had been saved!! Hallelujah! Thank goodness for RWG!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

DITTO!!

I note that the "swiss replica" site has it's advertising on htis site through Google ads... Wish there was a way of jamming their advertising. Does anyone know Google's policy for advertisers? Surely they have a duty of care to their users if notified of scammers??? Might look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

With near 23,000 plus members that can randomly post on here at any time, how can someone think this is fake, it would take a Master Mind to generate that kind of computing and keep it logical...

Question. I'm newb to this owning one replica Daytona in the past, which got stolen. I'm stiill upset about that one as my buddy haas a genuine and you could't tell them apart. I love this site with all the great info which I really appreciate but how do I know this site isn't just a big scam? No offense meant but how do I know even this thread isn't fAke? How did you guys know this is the real deal. Sorry to ask but it does occur to one reading this thread without being a longtime member that I could be being setup. Thanks guys and again no offense meant.

• 1 month later...

Interesting...

Recently I was bombarded with emails advertising 'My Swiss Replica' until I managed to get the mail server to recognise them as JUNK.

Seems from the list that there are a lot more out there to be vigilant against.

Glad I found this forum.

Cheers all, DR

• 2 weeks later...

As I've said on a couple of other posts overall I'm pretty happy with my GMT11. The one thing I wanted to bring up which is frustrating to anyone new is that when you do the Google search all you get are the scam sites. Through almost pure luck I ran across this site & RG. Thank dear God for that as I just about pulled the trigger with a big scam site. I'm wondering how to get this & other good sites to the top of Google when searching. It would sure save a lot of people some money & allow this niche to gain a bit more credibility. But then again maybe it's good it's so hard to find. Thank you all for that which you do.

Once upon a time, earlier this year, I fell victim to the alluring concept of the replica watch. By simply typing the words "replica watch" on google, many sites came up, but none of the reputable ones you will find in this forum. Instead, you will be plagued by the biggest ripoff scam websites on the internet.

I have discovered the largest watch ripoff umbrella on the internet. The group of internet based companies have the same swiss upgrade gimmick and are based primarily out of New York. If you buy from one of the following sites, you WILL be ripped off!! I almost fell victim to one of these rip off sites and thank god I found a reputable rep forum that saved me. Here is what I know:

- The dealer will convince you to do C.O.D or Wire Transfer.

- If you are out of the USA, they will say that due to security and fraud that credit card orders will not be accepted. They will convince you to do a money wire since that is the next safest method since you will have their business bank account information. Little do you know that the info provided is not actually a bank account!! It is a routing number where your funds are redirected several times until it ends up in a pre-paid debit/credit card company. The money enters the fraudster's prepaid debit/credit card where the funds are withdrawn immediately. These pre-paid accounts are set up all over the United States and are extremely hard to track. There are many aliases and phone numbers that these scammers use. They don't really have a base of operations and work off pre-paid cell phone numbers. They have set up a fake rep review site called http://www.fakereviews.com and http://www.replicainspector.com. The pictures used on these sites are of actual gen watches!! Not the watch(es) you may or may not receive.

How do I know so much? I almost fell victim and actually wired funds to bluefakes. Luckily I have very powerful friends in the banking industry. With thorough investigation and persistance, I tracked to where the funds ended up. I not only got my money back, but ended up freezing several of their accounts and money returned back to other victims. Here is the list of the companies:

GLOBAL REPLICA

Additional Business Names:

A Fine Luxury Time

AFineLuxuryTime.com

Allfakes

Betterswiss

BlueFakes

Fullswiss

Go Replicas

Italian Fakes Jewelers

Laststopwatch

Limited Watch

My Swiss Replica

MySwissReplica.com

New Replica

Newwatch4u

Nextswiss

Nyswiss

OnTimeFakes

Precise Knock Offs

Ravereplicas

Redhotwatch

Replicaceo

Reproduccion Global

Showtimereplicawatches

Sizzlefakes

SwissFreeze

Zenithmotor

I am really sorry that it took so long to compile this. I read about a victim on repgeek and got really angry. I really wanted to put the past behind me but something has to be done. I hope I am not too late to try and help others. These are only the companies that I know of under the same group. There potentially can be more. I have put together this information in hope that other people do not fall victim to these petty thugs.

Jawo

You did everyone a fine service to reveal this info, J. I can personally vouch for the accuracy of your data because, unfortunately, I DID fall victim to them -- Global Replica, who took my hard-earned $270 after they sent me a piece of junk which didn't work. Yes, it's true that they insist upon COD or wire: they had me conviced that COD was the way to go; of course, it's then that I was introduced to the reality and not the myth: I could not inspect the goods before handing the FedEx driver my cashier's check (against company rules; a phone to FedEx (and UPS) confirmed this reality). With Global Replica, all my literally dozens of emails, phone calls, personal letters to them asking them to honor their returns/exchange policies were for nought. All I got was either silence, or the run-around. It was then that I did more research, especially through Whois.net that revealed to me the umbrella structures Global Replica was using. I wished I had known about RWG Forum and RWI before then (Fall of 2009), but I didn't. Kudos to you, Jawo, for your posting. The wider the dissemination of your findings, the better. I salute you!. dave47

• 1 month later...

Several years ago I purchased a Rolex rep from Bestswiss.com(not on this dreaded list) I was ignorant and paid way too much ($800) Gads, I can't believe it. Anyway the watch came quickly in a seemingly good Rolex rep box. I did at one point email them regarding service and they replied. I was impressed/sold by their high quaity website. Watch is supposed to have latest high end ETA(something above 2824) but the watch is still working and the caseback hasn't been removed to verify. Well, live and learn. She still wears and like her watch. Go figure

Edited by dennish