When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where can I find straps for a 42.5 mm PO?

confused69u

I have been searching everywhere for either rubber or leather straps similar to the gens for my 42.5mm Swiss ETA Orange dial PO... can anyone point me to a quality direction? furthermore, what size should I be looking for?

Thank you in advance!

Confused69u, I think there have been a few good threads on this, so don't take my info without verifying it, but they are 20mm in the lugs. When I bought my 42.5mm PO "pumpkin", the member I bought it from threw in a rubber strap, alongside the leather one.

It looks great on me, but it's not good quality leather.

Here they are.

302845-1062.jpg

302845-1063.jpg

Like FasTTap said, you can try Silix, but I see he no longer has the smaller ones listed, either in leather or rubber:

http://www.silix-prime.com/cat.asp?catid=120

But seeing as how I'm the Ambassador for Silix, as I was informed recently, I can tell you that he may be able to hunt them down for you. Please make sure you tell him to get the better version, which doesn't come apart at the lugs in a very unsightly way (seen above).

Alternatively, if you don't find any info by scrolling back (I see RiffRam and Eychene never had their 42.5 PO questions answered by us...), you can find loads of posts on 42.5mm where your question might be answered. :)

Try FleaBay, obviously.

Good luck, and PM in case of questions!

But seeing as how I'm the Ambassador for Silix, as I was informed recently, I can tell you that he may be able to hunt them down for you. Please make sure you tell him to get the better version, which doesn't come apart at the lugs in a very unsightly way (seen above).

You are indeed correct in that there are plenty good posts about it. Some of them even initiated by people who know what they are talking about as they have first hand experience of this issue and worked with a dealer to get it sorted. ^_^

@confused69 - There is no such 'better version'

I'm afraid that the only way you will get one of the commonly available 20mm Omega rubber rep straps to fit your 42.5mm rep is to have additional lugholes and a locating hole drilled in your case as the rep strap is in fact designed to fit the standard Seamaster Pro and not the Planet Ocean. You may be lucky enough to have the holes already - later reps came pre-modified.

If not your best bet is to source a gen 20mm strap. The prices have come down a little as most of the demand is for the wider 22mm variety.

Who removed r11co's post .......AND who edited Victoria's post......I have screenshots of the posts before they were deleted and edited....I hope and trust that neither Gran or Klink has gained control of the board....whichever the case.....it is NOT right to delete or edit a non-controversial post..without explanation.........whichever Mod did it....needs to step up and explain why......!

To repeat what I said for the benefit of confused69....

Victoria's information, while typically self-indulgent, is objectively misleading and unhelpful. Silix have never supplied a replica rubber strap for 42.5mm PO. Neither has any rep factory ever produced one.

The strap supplied to fit 20mm lug width PO's was in fact originally designed for the Seamaster Pro, which is visually similar in design but differs in a number of crucial ways. To make the rep SMP strap fit you either have to be lucky enough to own one of the later PO reps which have two sets of lugholes at different distances from the case body (the close set being to allow the rubber strap to have a tighter fit) PLUS a locating hole in the case centred between the lugs for a locating pin embedded in the rep Seamaster strap to fit in, or you have to be prepared to have your case drilled with these extra holes.

Some people have partially circumvented the problem by clipping the locating lug off the strap 'endlink', and using thicker springbars, but it is a lottery as to how well this will work depending on how close your lugholes are to the watch body (Victoria's being a particularly effective illustration of a failed attempt at this).

Click here and here for more detail.

The only other alternative is to source a genuine 20mm Planet Ocean rubber strap. Fortunately the price of these is not as high on the open market as the more in-demand 22mm version.

I will also repeat - many people here can give useful watch advice from personal experience, and it is depressing that their groundwork is often considered less valuable than the contribution of a Johnny-come-lately who speaks frequently and is trying desperately to sound authoritative by namedropping, but is invariably offering little more than opinion, guesswork, or a conglomeration of information swiftly yet scrappily culled from other peoples' efforts (with no recognition given to the originator). When that person, either through negligence or narcissism misdirects other members, those in a position to do so should be permitted to correct the error without fear of censure.

PS. Regarding Jay's ability to 'hunt down' better PO straps, I have a string of emails dating back to January 2006 mapping a discourse between myself and Jay over this matter, culminating in the involvement of docblackrock in the project and ultimately the production of the 22mm replica PO strap. Again, though, I don't anticipate that this will hold much sway against our newly self-appointed expert and 'ambassador' on the subject....... :mellow:

• 6 months later...

I realize this is an old thread, but I just took the bracelet off of my 4th gen po and it has 2 sets of lug holes drilled. i suppose all i'd have to do is cut off the steel peg in the middle of a rep strap and it should fit well.

probably a stupid question, but i've looked everywhere for the rep strap and haven't been able to dig one up, could someone who knows (or has one) pm me?

I realize this is an old thread, but I just took the bracelet off of my 4th gen po and it has 2 sets of lug holes drilled. i suppose all i'd have to do is cut off the steel peg in the middle of a rep strap and it should fit well.

probably a stupid question, but i've looked everywhere for the rep strap and haven't been able to dig one up, could someone who knows (or has one) pm me?

Hi,

I've been researching this question myself for the past few days. My understanding is that there IS NO rep 20mm lug PO rubber strap. The closes avail is the similar one for the 42mm SM rep. As far as it fitting your particular watch... it's a matter of luck.

It's this issue that has held me back fro buying an Orange 42mm PO from a well-respected dealer on another site. He is selling a rep with a steel bracelet, but the clasp markings are incorrect.

Probably just buy one already fitted with a rubber strap from someone else.

Sorry but there appears to be no quick/easy answer to this one.

• 3 weeks later...