When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquatimer Slevin Review

eunomians

Well guys, here we go!

Got it this morning and wore it all day... I even managed to snap a few pics!

First off, how about a family shot?

L1010064.jpg

We all have been waiting for this watch for a long time. The wait is finally over. The watch is here and it's sure to make folks quite happy.

Angus worked hard to make sure that his batch is a good one. And it shows. This watch looks very good to me. Read on as to why:

The markers are all perfectly aligned and the hands/markers all have evenly applied luminous material. Impressive.

The uni-directional inner bezel clicks in exact 1 second increments. And it is aligned perfectly.

The movement sets, resets & winds smoothly. The rotor spins freely and with no noise. As luck would have it, the movement thus far appears to not need any timing adjustments, it remains highly accurate thus far.

Even the Day & Date wheel are perfectly aligned. Luck of the draw perhaps. The Aquatimer font actually looks quite good relative to my 3717's genuine ETA Day/Date Wheels. I don't think that I will be swapping out the Aquatimer Day/Date Wheels for genuine ones.

The crystal has a gentle sweeping dome, much like the GST chronos. And the AR is there, but it is not extreme crazy blue super double AR. It looks real nice to me, the dial pops!

The TRL is, well, have a look yourself. It's truly superb!

The rubber strap is great! It does not attract lint & dust like the prototype(s) did. The strap is pliable yet thick and, as such, it is very made. I appreciate the little 'notches' on the underside that keep the rubber strap keepers in place so as to not go 'up & down' and thus lose retention of the strap end. I know this is an OEM IWC trait as evidenced by my OEM 3738 Rubber Strap.

After wearing the watch for most of the day, I can safely say that it is very comfortable and fits my 6.8" wrist very nicely. It has nice heft and a lovely contoured shape that fits my wrist quite nicely.

Overall, it is a must have for the sports watch addict & also for the IWC aficionado. It looks and feels like OEM. And yes, I have tried on the real deal. Twice :D Almost bought one, but glad I got the rep instead!

I look forward to reading other reviews. I got mine from Angus who is always a pleasure to deal with. I am most pleased with this particular watch that he chose for me. It is in my estimable opinion, quite perfect.

Take a good look at the pics... I tried to take pics with different light sources so that y'all can get an idea of what she looks like under differing conditions.

IMG_4014.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg

DSC06708.jpg

L1010071.jpg

L1010073.jpg

L1010068.jpg

DSC06707.jpg

DSC06706.jpg

DSC06705.jpg

DSC06704.jpg

DSC06703.jpg

DSC06700.jpg

DSC06699.jpg

DSC06697.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tried to take pics with different light sources so that y'all can get an idea of what she looks like under differing conditions.

:tu:

L1010071.jpg

In turns a smokey, muted dial, other times aggressive and purposeful. It's got muscles this watch, but like a thoroughbred's, the body is sleek.

Love it. Want one. Thanks, Euno!

great review euno!! amazing pics as well. :clap3:

one question for all new owners...did they really only do single sided AR ?

i thought this was suppose to have the same double AR like the CD.

is this correct?

It is double, after checking I thought I would stand corrected .... but the film on the outside of the crystal leads me to believe it is in fact a Double AR.. that being said,.. it is a very weak double if that's possible.. no where near the Breitlings double AR.. this is a question we may want to ask K222 or Chieftang.. if it's posssible to have a double AR in variable stregnths.

Hope that helps ..as i stated earlier .. on a scale of 1-10 i would say the first one I got was a....6 ... but then keep in mind my peice was probably manufactured on a Monday... bad factory quality on Monday's and friday's <_< .. now let's see if the replacement fairs any better.. since i think it's safe to assume that there may have been multiple "runs" with the crystal at different times.. and if this is the case maybe the double AR will be more prominent on different production dates.. just my 2cents though :rolleyes:

excuse my manners Euno.. BIG CONGRATS ON THE FINAL ARRIVAL OF YOUR BABY

I had a feeling this wasn't going to be as impressive as the Cousteau Divers- quality control issues and all. That's just my opinion. The CD is the most recent true super-rep, and there are elements of it that reflect that recent development. I'm still waiting and wondering when the same maker as the previous group of watches is going to come up with a another couple pieces as a follow up.

Nice review Euno and good to hear that it has not the problems of the CD version.

Since the AR is nothing near compared to the Superocean , how it is compared to the ultimate UPO ??? (if you have this to compare it).

Date and number fonts have a week white color ??

Euno-

Thanks for the review. Looks really good. Alignment looks much better on the inner bezel. But I had the same question on the lume on the markers. It was an issue on the CD but the lume was surrounded by a bezel so it wasn't as obvious. On the 12 markers the lume application looks very sloppy but it may be the compression of the picture to fit on the forum.

All the best and wear it well,

Kruz