When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mini Slevin Review + Request for Opinion

red

I got the Slevin from Angus yesterday. As usual Angus was quick with the communication, and good to work with.

1. The watch holds up well against the currently released reps. The inner bezel is amazing. Very easy to use, and clicks perfectly. No complaints here.

2. Lume, is almost non-existent. Very weak lume on the hands and the hour markers. And no lume on the bezel. This is disappointing to say the least. I was about to contact The Zigmeister, but alas I am sure everyone was aware of this recent message.

3. Hour Markers. The hour markers are really poorly lumed. None of the indices have the same amount of lume painted on. This is only noticeable to a student of rep world, and was not obvious to any of my friends who own gen IWC. Not a single one even doubted the watches authenticity.

4. AR - AR on this is weak. There is a slight blue tint, but no wear near my friend's IWC Portuguese 7-Day Power Reserve. My friend's watch as a black dial, but because of the AR it rarely looks black. The same could be said of the Aquatimer I held in the store. But, I have seen gen Aquatimer's with the same sort of weak AR on this rep. So this is a real toss up.

5. Day/Date - Lines up perfectly. No smudges with the print, but not quite bold enough. ETA would give it a much more accurate look.

6. Chronograph - Resets perfectly.

7. Time Keeping - Plus or minus 10 seconds from yesterday. Very impressed with how well this piece winds.

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE

The "Swiss Made" is crooked. It sits too far to the left. Should I get another return this rep? I also have a scratch at 1 o'clock. I have great difficulty adjusting the day. In fact I left it alone in anticipation of a return. This is something that I have been waiting a long time for. And I was ready to ship it to Jakub for the double AR and day/date change prior to discovering the "Swiss Made". Please give me your opinions.

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

Before I read what you wrote, I thought, hmm, the "Swiss" is a little off-centre. Given that you waited so long, I don't know. But if it were I, I would contact Angus first, ascertain that he will inspect a new one before shipping it to you, possibly get a photograph of it before being sent, and then send it back registered.

You run the risk of getting a right "Swiss Made" but other stuff going wrong. Nevertheless, this is one of those problems which will eat at you, whenever you look at it, ESPECIALLY with that 1 o'clock scratch.

Sorry for your troubles, Red. It's a beauty, even with warts.

Before I read what you wrote, I thought, hmm, the "Swiss" is a little off-centre. Given that you waited so long, I don't know. But if it were I, I would contact Angus first, ascertain that he will inspect a new one before shipping it to you, possibly get a photograph of it before being sent, and then send it back registered.

You run the risk of getting a right "Swiss Made" but other stuff going wrong. Nevertheless, this is one of those problems which will eat at you, whenever you look at it, ESPECIALLY with that 1 o'clock scratch.

Sorry for your troubles, Red. It's a beauty, even with warts.

Thanks Victoria. Kind words soothe the pain, but the misaligned "Swiss Made" is ever apparent.

This is not double AR, on first pic. you can see gold refl. comming from the lamp, same as ulitmat chronomat evo. i have at home, but look really good though, on my wish list for sure, as Christmas are comming this is more dream list as i allready spent to much. :lol:

Beautiful watch, a little overpriced though and with some downsides like poor lume, date wheel and AR.

What are you saying? We can easily change date wheel, make a new ar coating and lume? O yeah...but it's costy and it could be not necessary.

I think i'll wait the new batch with ss bracelet hopefully.

I think at this point the ads from the dealers should have the DOUBLE AR removed....

This watch simply has bad single side AR

Beautiful watch, a little overpriced though and with some downsides like poor lume, date wheel and AR.

What are you saying? We can easily change date wheel, make a new ar coating and lume? O yeah...but it's costy and it could be not necessary.

I think i'll wait the new batch with ss bracelet hopefully.

The "Swiss Made" is crooked. It sits too far to the left. Should I get another return this rep?

Of course it's crooked, red. This is a replica watch from China. There will be something wrong with it, scratches and mechanical imperfections included. I used to be just as picky as you, though. You have to understand that you have received a watch that tells time. That is huge these days. There are some real horror stories posted on this forum, and a very slightly off-center "swiss made" is hardly cause for alarm, at least in my opinion.

If it was me, and it really bothered you that much, I would ask the dealer politely if a new face could be sent, then I would take it to a watchsmith for replacement. I think you have already won, you got a very beautiful watch that is an excellent rep. Even if the "swiss made" was in the right place it would still have very obvious tells that only a connoisseur could notice. Just enjoy this lovely piece of art because sitting here, those pictures make me want one!

But I'm done with watches at least for now. It's all about the clothing now... watch out ken.

Of course it's crooked, red. This is a replica watch from China. There will be something wrong with it, scratches and mechanical imperfections included. I used to be just as picky as you, though. You have to understand that you have received a watch that tells time. That is huge these days. There are some real horror stories posted on this forum, and a very slightly off-center "swiss made" is hardly cause for alarm, at least in my opinion.

If it was me, and it really bothered you that much, I would ask the dealer politely if a new face could be sent, then I would take it to a watchsmith for replacement. I think you have already won, you got a very beautiful watch that is an excellent rep. Even if the "swiss made" was in the right place it would still have very obvious tells that only a connoisseur could notice. Just enjoy this lovely piece of art because sitting here, those pictures make me want one!

But I'm done with watches at least for now. It's all about the clothing now... watch out ken.

Corgi - Your sentiments are shared by me. That is why I am so unwilling to send this one back. In the past three days it has not skipped a beat. +/- a few seconds a day, pitience when considering the history of the asian 7750. I will see what Angus has to say before I make my decision.