When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Edge's Guide To Replica Forums

Edge

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you Edge for kindly sharing your vast knowledge with us Newbies. Trully Greatful.

Hi im new and shallow and don't have so much time.

I just bougt the report

Where can you contact WM/MBW ? I cant find it

And what does PT mean? Josh? Is that the Perfect clones guy?

I can spend some money on this. Im looking for a great panerai and iwc pilot with swiss movement. i can spend around 600-700 dollars each .

I really need some help . do you have a dealer you rcommend and a model?

who sells modified watches and is it possible to do it yourself?

Best.........Tessa

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

yeah, edge was a good dude. I'm finding the same problem with my "guide for newbs" deal. The forum name has changed, the dealer's sites names have changed so most of the links are outdated and in my case, many of the links to the photos weren't working so for the threads that were correctly linked, the photos weren't there. I'm in the process of updating the compendium of phoband. I think someone might want to throw up a hand and update the guide? alot has changed since 2008 but most of the core values and expectations of forum members has not changed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I strongly advise ANY of you to read this, it is a book called The Replica Watch Report and it is regularly updated and is an excellent informational tool.

Replica Watch Report

Edge great post and second post, thank you!

I'd like to suggest an edit to your original post the link is dead... but a resulting Google search turns up a new site (with new owners). It appears is no longer a safe haven of good information. For verification see this post from the author of the book and original owner of the website.

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/126724-replicawatchreport/#entry919973

An edit would be helpful to help new readers avoid this rabbit-hole. Again Thank you for sharing!

• 1 month later...

A very good summary, thank's a lot for doing the legwork for us noobs biggrin.gif

Re. the ETA's and reliabilty - you state that they are extreemly reliable, whilst my impression reading threads on this board is that this is only true after they have been serviced. This due to big variations especially with respect to lubing of the movements when delivered from the factories. I also understand it the way that there are different scources or quality grades of the same type of ETA, but I may have missed something here....

Any comments?

PS. This guide should be pinned thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

PS2: Then next step - Who has the best Daytona ? laugh.gif

And I, in my noobiness, thought that Daytonas were the most sought after Rolex rep...

Boy, do I have a lot more reading to do!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Edge I am a new member and I have found this thread very helpful and I will make sure to spread the word to this post. I also want to let you know that the links are claiming that they are not able to be found in the first post.

• 2 months later...

Re: broken links

The original links can be viewed if the word "member" is taken out of the web address. 

For instance: 

The first link under Ubiquitous is viewed as: http://www.rwgforum.net/members/topic/3302-tired-of-that-rolex-clasp-falling-open/

--- But should be changed to http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/3302-tired-of-that-rolex-clasp-falling-open/

once again viewable! 

enjoy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I pass a store SPAM, SPAM, HAM EGGS and SPAM sell various of Rolex watch in cheap price, who ever been there? how about the quality there? I want to buy one for my birthday.

This person is just a spammer, do not take any notice of any such posts and stick to our Trusted Dealers.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Very nice. I'm Noob to RWG. Been on RG a year and have had many very good transactions. I've been on Arawak but rarely post. Kinda slow on RG but a good sales forum. Looking more at RWG for accessories as the Winter holiday season approaches. I will be selling a few items shortly but it's nice to see helpful guides on how not to get gamed.

I have to say I was gamed by Apple, yes the mighty corporation by a Customer Service rep, that just had very inaccurate info. He had me buy $250 in gift cards for a split transaction. When I went to make the transaction, I got sorry for XXXs bad info, but was stuck for a $250 app card purchase I may never get to fully use and had to come up with another $250 to complete transaction.

Nothing makes you more upset than feeling abused as a customer, no matter how big or small the transaction or people you were buying from.

With watches I try to check all 3 sites if possible. Fortunately M2M stuff has worked out due to loads of good info like the above and good members. I would love to be VIP on all sights but I do a lot of forums. Mostly wine, the 3 rep watch sites, Jeep forums and Nikon to start with. All help is good. Nice post.

• 3 years later...