When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need ladies watch recommendations... Quick!

juicy

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on my first rep (likely a Breitling Bentley 6.75) and would also like to order a watch or two for my wife. She has extremely petite wrists and hands and likes clean, classy, modern styling. I was thinking Patek Phillipe 24 but it may be too wide for her after seeing one at my local AD. I have seen some very thin Gucci and Tag reps with diamonds that looked nice. I need help! I know that there are other nice watches for the ladies that I haven't run across yet at our dealers.

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Quick! To the Batcave!

Ladies Watches: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=366887

You really have to give us much more info than you did, but a suggestion I am taking out of my keister is a MOP Rolex in ladies size (25mm). They have it with bling or without. Ladies don't wear teency, spaghetti watches anymore, so even if she has tiny wrists, be sure she actually wants that. Ask member Carlsbadrolex about giving one's wife a watch she doesn't want, one day.

Quick! To the Batcave!

Ladies Watches: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=366887

You really have to give us much more info than you did, but a suggestion I am taking out of my keister is a MOP Rolex in ladies size (25mm). They have it with bling or without. Ladies don't wear teency, spaghetti watches anymore, so even if she has tiny wrists, be sure she actually wants that. Ask member Carlsbadrolex about giving one's wife a watch she doesn't want, one day.

The wifey actually does like the teency little watches. She has several now that are just not cutting it anymore and I would like to get her into finer timepieces, reps of course. She doesnt care too much for Rollies although I think they are growing on her!

The topic you linked to is just what I needed. I see a nice Omega that looks great, the DeVille. Any thoughts on it...Gen and Rep?

Check out Narikaa's Ladies Watch gallery. All for sale, located in the UK.

This is a great link! I like the Cartier. What model is it? http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage....0&selected=

Thanks for the super quick replies. Glad to see I am not the only one without better things to do!! (j/k) This is the BEST thing to do!! I swear, the chase has been so much fun to this point, I cant wait to get a couple quality reps on my wrist.

How about a nice plain AirKing or the silix rolex presision @ $130 or some thing like that, I got my mum a daydate from josh a year ago and she has thin wrists an 34mm looks perfect, but if her eyes get any worse it will be a fiddy next year!

Omega Constellation!

I like Omegas ladies stuff. I also like the ladies Rolex but I am afraid she has a mental block towards them... she says they look like 'old-lady' watches and remind her of her Grandma. I am sure if I got her one, though, she would eventually love it as it would smoke anything in her current collection.

I am leaning toward the Omega or Tag Senna.

I had a similar issue awhile back, so I polled several female friends and these were the 2 most popular (and sought after) watches

Any Piaget

1.jpg

This one even comes with boxset & papers

2.jpg

Or Dior

1.jpg

Also comes with boxset & papers

3.jpg

Of course, your wife's taste may differ, but I think either of these are good, safe bets.

Ladies don't wear teency, spaghetti watches anymore, so even if she has tiny wrists

A rather sweeping generalisation that my 5'1" petite wife would take you to task over. Sure, she has a pink 'beach' Daytona, but that is ridiculous for a whole load of other reasons than size (plus it ain't that big by today's standards).

@juicy - how about an Omega Quadrella. A bit different from the round Constellations, and my missus has hardly taken off the one I got her for Christmas last year. Available from many of our good collectors (I know for a fact that the example shown on one dealer-who-shall-remain-nameless's site is the very watch my wife now owns!)

It's good enough for Nicole Kidman after all!!!

@freddy333- I like the Dior and that is totally the style she usually goes for.

@ doug- the Tanks are fantastic but she doesnt like too much going on on with the watch face. She like simple clean lines and only stick or diamond markers. I think all the roman numerals are too much for an otherwise super sexy watch!

@r11co- I totally agree with you on the size thing. I like the Omega but you are right it is a bit 'different'.

Thanks everybody for the great suggestions. It is always so hard to pick the 'one' that maybe I'll have to get two! Much better chances of getting one she'll like this way.

Edited by juicy

@freddy333- I like the Dior and that is totally the style she usually goes for.

You might also consider a Chanel. I doubt you could go wrong by presenting your wife with a box containing anything Chanel.

Once, for my sister's birthday, I gathered together a bunch of watch pictures from magazines and polled 6 female friends on what they thought she would like best. The responses were not at all what I expected. Based on a generalization of their collective choices & reasoning, their primary preference was for a watch with bling, the technology was mostly irrelevant to all of them (and, as I later found out, to my sister as well). They all said that a watch has to be 'pretty' & should carry a name they like & were familiar with. All preferred battery-operated quartz watches (over automatic/mechanicals) for their ease of use and simplicity. None of the women liked any of the Rolexes (men's or women's models), which was the biggest shock. I assumed at least 1 or 2 would have appreciated the Rolex mystique (which they were all keenly aware of), but none would bite. The most popular models were those that were shiny, feminine & had either mother of pearl or gemstones on them. The old, established perfume & clothing brands were high on all of their lists.

Although it was by no means a scientifically valid test & there are always exceptions to every rule (yes, Victoria, I would include you in that group of exceptions), my little poll seems to have stood up well over time as most of the women I know well still have the same preferences in watches.