When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK/MBW 1665 Great White Case Back (new type)

Stephane

Thanks Robi...

I'm not looking for a second 1665 GW though, only for a picture.

Well, I should have more clear and ask "can anyone post a pic of their 1665 MBW/MBK with the same case back as the genuine I posted here?"

Cheers

Stephane

...seems like you had some belgian beer today...or is it me seing double posts.

:headhurt:

No I dont have that ability right now. Its exactly the same from what I can see comparing mine against that first picture. Of course my MBW letters/nembers is filled in with some sort of black paint on the case back.

As a side note to everyone if you are in the market for a Rolex rep go for the MBW 1680 or 1655. They are so well made and beautiful examples of wrist art. I perfer the GWSD. The only mod I made was installing a Clark superdome crystal and waterproofing. Stunning watch that only someone who really knows Rolex could distinguish from a gen.

The caseback that normally comes with the MBW (straight above the middle) is the one that should go on de DRSD. Fact is that the majority of the DRSDdials were interchanged for whites in the time when serviced by Rolex officially. So they should actually been DRSD. So the MBW caseback on the DRSD and the WSD 1665 could both be believable. Fact is that of the 'correct' version there is no rep... so if a watch has the rounded caseback 99% it is gen.

Since it's the double red it should have this caseback so that's correct ;)

I hope Paso can get us just the caseback for all our great white's that have a DRSD caseback.

Yes me too.

It is correct to have a DR caseback on a GW of course as the dial could have been changed from Red to White.

But when having several 1665 (SR-DR-GW) it's damn sexy to have the latest caseback for the GW.