When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717-2 Laureus / Blue dial Double AR

lanikai

the 3717-2 Laureus is out... the first release was erroneous with single AR.. this is the corrected version and as promised by my collector a case set with double AR to correct the first 3717-2 white dial sent to me in error.

Blue dial is an Azure (sic) blue .. the concentric circles in the sub dials are barely noticeable,, very fine but obvious in direct sunlight.. the genuine does not come with a bracelet.. and IMO would not suit the dial ... the strap is gator grain blue ... HK here i come..

this colour dial is not for everyone.. just the obsessed.. ahh ...

the white seems to be the better enhanced of the two...

Again the minute hand at least is about 1mm too long .. fixable...

Sorry for what seems to be dust.. it is actually pollen from the mango tree blooming ...

rushed with these pics as i promised Raymond i would get them up for him ASAP... it is double AR from my collector anyway...

Let the pics speak for themselves .. your choice please excuse the lack of attention.. forgot to set the white dial it's been in the case .. ergo the day date is not set ..

post-2172-1198032173_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198032235_thumb.jpg[att

chment=18395:IMG_1894_edited.JPG]post-2172-1198032394_thumb.jpg[attachme

t=18397:IMG_1896_edited.JPG]

post-2172-1198032583_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198032628_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1198033406_thumb.jpg

thanks for the look ..hope this helps you decide... I'm sure Euno or maybe Raymond can do a more comprehensive review

lanikai B)

post-2172-1198032293_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1198032499_thumb.jpg

Dear Lanikai:

Thx for your post as promise! Seems u love IWC very much & got 3 models already.

From the above photos; which one is double AR? Is it the new case beside "White-dial" & "Laureus"? Would u mind to take several more outdoor or under sunlight? Because I couldn't found any different between 3 of them & also the crystal clearly saw u & your camera reflection........Double AR suppose should be more stronger, That mean u & your camera reflection shouldn't see on crystal. I only got my HBB with strong double AR. I attached several photos for your reference & compare :

HBBAR.jpg

HBBCatalogue.jpg

HBBbestregards.jpg

HBB1.jpg

As I told u before; Puretime Angus told me that he share the same source of the IWC models. He's question about the double AR on the new white splitfire & Laureus. He promise me to check that; I'll share my information as soon as I got replied.

A million thx! My friend!

Best Regards,

Raymond

Ok Ray .. will do, later today..... lighting was not good for these pics,..it was late in the day ... and yes there is a big difference compare the white dial to the case set..

Your HBB is a totally flat crystal, the IWC is curved it will make a difference in the light refraction.. the flat crystal will always show the AR more.. IMO

Sorry Raymond.. I was running out of the house 1:30 am this morning and missed the last part of your post.. yes PT Angus is correct however this as I have said last month when i got the 3717-2 white dial .. the crystal was supposed to be double AR, this is what I was told by my collector after i recieved it... so .. when the double AR was completed he advised me and sent me a case set for the white dial and the finished double Ar on the blue dial.. the initial stock was single AR... as I said this is the corrected 2nd stock of 3717-2 double AR.. it's up to the collectors to sort it out with the makers... not my place to say who to buy from.. just proofing what i have gotten..

yes, I agree with you on k2222 Ar's they are incredible.. no worries ray.. only trying to post so members would be better equipped to make choices, not to create debate over collectors.. don't need it really... everyone has their own choice or choices of collectors.. no need for any further "update" as it is what it is, double AR as far as my eye's can see ..in person.... seems like lately posting new releases has become a stage for flaming collectors as a "mine is better than yours" not directed at you ray...... so for that reason i will retire this thread of any further updates

thanks

lani

Sorry to ask the same question in this post as well, but i am really, really curious about the dial... and how close the blue/black is to the genuine. The genuine changes color with chnging the viewing angle. That looks very nice and is similar to the PAM082.

How does this one hold up?

Sorry to ask the same question in this post as well, but i am really, really curious about the dial... and how close the blue/black is to the genuine. The genuine changes color with chnging the viewing angle. That looks very nice and is similar to the PAM082.

How does this one hold up?

It's cool YM.. don't mind..

Yes, IMO the dial does change colour at different viewing angles and in different lighting.. this must have a little something to do with the AR coating also and the fact that the dial has cocentric rings that are not really visible because of the dark colour... in direct light it looks almost a little pearlecent blue and then turn it another angle and it will be somewhat black to a Azure or Midnight Blue ... I would think this is why the double AR is a must have for this colour dial.. as without the d-AR it would probably not be as it is...

hope that clears up some of the confusion