When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tripods

LordRasta

Not sure if this is the correct place for this inquiry....does anyone have any recommendations on a good "mini" tripod? I got a light tent for xmas and I want to be able to mount my Olympus E-510 on a tripod for the best possible pics. I went with a cheapo one and boy was that a mistake. The camera tipped over immediately. I'm currently looking at the Velbon Mini-F which is no longer made but has a max weight of 12 pounds. More than enough for my SLR.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if this is the correct place for this inquiry....does anyone have any recommendations on a good "mini" tripod? I got a light tent for xmas and I want to be able to mount my Olympus E-510 on a tripod for the best possible pics. I went with a cheapo one and boy was that a mistake. The camera tipped over immediately. I'm currently looking at the Velbon Mini-F which is no longer made but has a max weight of 12 pounds. More than enough for my SLR.

Tripods get spendy quickly. The head is perhaps even more important than the legs. Consider the weight of any big SLR lenses that you might want in the future so you don't have to rebuy the equipment to support them down the road.

I have Gitzo 1227 carbon fiber legs, and a Really Right Stuff BH-40 LR ballhead. I couldn't be happier with the combo. It's very light yet plenty sturdy.