When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Christmas mini-GTG in NY

madasboot

Me:

My second visit to NY this year and - among other things - the chance to meet an honorable member of the forum (Kruzer) and be again with a friend who being like family is also a kind of guardian angel(Skcheng) to me.

One of the highligts of the trip was in fact this meeting because after that s**t hitted the fan for me (again) and I had to suddendly return to Portugal, feverishly, my tonsils like tennis balls and unable to swallow and with my mind totally boggled. What a lousy year for me.

Kruzer:

A high spirited gentleman with an unbeatable sense of humour (like a Jerry Seinfeld on acids...)! I just hope my english would be better to savour his "gourmet" level of humour.

Besides that a warm sense of hosting making you feel welcome.

My dear friend I was impressed with the warm welcome and the nice time spent together.

Hope we can repeat this!

As for your collection I cannot say anything but IMPRESSIVE. Quite a cream of the crop collection. Even the Frank Muller looked nice after a The Zigmeister touch!

The only thing that missed among your collection was a vintage 6152 but we will surely take care of that...

Skcheng:

You know what I feel towards you (and family of course). I am honored for being your friend. In fact I feel blessed with your friendship.

As you all read before this has been the worst year of my life and Sherwin has always acted as a beam for my stability.

Even when problems emerged for the second time it was him who picked me up after a long drive on christmas eve and took me to his house where I felt - as usual - home.

Being the worst year ever its also a year where I made a good friend!

Reps:

We checked all the reps around including mine. I finally got a DRSD and I am still feeling used to it (As you all know I am not a hardcore Rlx fan).

Again, Kruzer has an amazing first line rep collection and a nice gen wich elevated our discussion to a phylosophical level...

A rep is a rep but in fact when you handle a gen near them... no big difference (at least aesthetically) besides the price!

As a conclusion I think watches (reps and gens) were only a good pretext to a meeting...

What comes to mind when I remember our meeting is the really wonderful time spent together.

Thank you dear friends!

all the best and a wonderful 2008 for all,

M.

Loved to meet you man!

It was a wonderful low key Christmas eve GTG. We all sat around the table eating a pizza lunch and looking at and discussing watches. On a humorous note the family was already outside the City for Christmas so my watch collection which is usually relegated to the basement was allowed to see the light of day. And for anyone who doesn't know both M and Skcheng are wonderful and generous folks. On a first meeting M came bearing a wonderful bottle of port. Next time M comes we will organize a larger GTG. And SK, I have some wonderful folks including Dluddy who live relatively close and you should meet.

Both Skcheng and M had stunning PAM vintages on. M is a wealth of knowledge, true connoisseur and master craftsman when it comes to vintage watches. The 6152 on his wrist was a true work of art. And I must say that I could not be more excited about a 6152 in my future. I would be remiss if I didn't mention all of the fabulous parts he brought for me for my Watchmaster 3646 project (including a perfectly running Cortebert pocketwatch (with custom Rolex engraving of course :good:), original hands and one of a kind plexis. And Sk is also extremely knowledgeable. Everybody learned some obscure horological fact that day so it was fun and educational. I learned about vintages. Sk now knows that not all 3's on PAM casebacks are flat :laugh: and M even left with his first modded DRSD. What M doesn't know is that when he told me what he was interested in on the MBW's it was only through the generosity of another member (Arch) that I could get one in time for his arrival. So big thanks to him. Still trying to get Arch up here sooner rather than later though.

Internet and email are fine but at the end of the day nothing is better than getting together. It is a wonderful how an out of town visitor can bring folks together. Skcheng and I had pm'ed and spoken on the phone but it took the arrival of M to have us get together.

It has been a great year as I have had the opportunity to meet a few of the wonderful members of RWG and see a number of beautiful reps and gens. May the New Year bring more of the same.

Happy holidays to all.

It has been a great year as I have had the opportunity to meet a few of the wonderful members of RWG and see a number of beautiful reps and gens. May the New Year bring more of the same.

The feeling is mutual!!

BTW thanks for the compliments but it was me who profited the most with your teachings!

Both you and SKcheng are walking treasury chests concerning info and tech data.

Most important both of you have the joy to share... an exquisite characteristic nowadays.

Honored to meet you W!! Thank you for the warm welcome and I am surely looking forward to more of the same!

A big thanks goes for Arch also!

M.

PS- Did you check the Laco?