When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Porsche Flat 6 / Grey Dial

• 1 month later...

I ordered mine (black dial) on Saturday and I got it today (Tuesday!!!). I heard Josh was fast but this is just incredible. BTW the red one is temporarily out of stock...

The watch is superb. Everything you read on this thread is 100% spot on. The best news is that Josh is working on the all black Limited Edition version! I think I will get that one as well... B)

Edited by designez

I ordered mine (black dial) on Saturday and I got it today (Tuesday!!!). I heard Josh was fast but this is just incredible. BTW the red one is temporarily out of stock...

The watch is superb. Everything you read on this thread is 100% spot on. The best news is that Josh is working on the all black Limited Edition version! I think I will get that one as well... B)

Awesome news -- that's the one I've been waiting for.

Any pictures of the gen to share? ^_^

Lan, this is the only watch I have in my sights right now. I think it is just a beautiful piece, and nothing has got my interest as much as this since I first set my eyes on the Navitimer.

I have side by side pics of the genuine and the replica .. I'll try and get it posted later today,... and your assesment is spot on andreww ... the quality of this replica puts it up on the top shelf with the Graham Chrono fighter,.. SOSF... as far as accuracy and quality.. the date font is true to the genuine.. and that had to be totally replicated.. this maker goes on my A list fo sure..

the Grey dial is the most accurate as the genuine dial used was grey.. as silver is the racing colour of Germany .. maybe this grey is the closest to that .. just a thought...

Hi..would you happen to know the time-frame in which the All Black is going to be released?

Thanks mate

Looks to me like the only difference is a slight AR thing.

According to the collector who supplied the genuine in the pic.. they tried to replicate the "hue" in the crystal to the genuine.. in this pic you cannot see the colour of the AR in the replicated version but in actuality it pretty much resembles the genuine in real life, there is more of the "hue" in person.. if the maker double AR'd it it would be too strong as opposed to the genuine

@ Andreww..yes the grey does remind me very much of the colour that Porsche had on their 356 series in the 60's it was a dark grey and enthusiast still replicate that colour on restored or "kit" cars.. and silver being Germany's Racing colour.. the dials are nicely done..

@samurai.. don't know about the all black version.. that would be one I would definately want..

Here is a pic of the gen All Black version!!! Actually the pic is a bit misleading because the finishing is not matt black but a kind of black chrome...

2ilg02a.jpg

sometime this summer if not before... a few months.. ergo maybe 4... :lol:

• 2 years later...

It's been out a few years now, and is not hard to find. Look at any of the Forum-trusted watch dealers ... they have their own section here on the Forum ..

Here's one. Click this

Since it looks like you completely new, you will probably wonder why there is such a variable price on these watches. Some are mechanical, and some are Quartz (battery powered).

I'd suggest reading the newbie guides available here on these Forums.

It's been out a few years now, and is not hard to find. Look at any of the Forum-trusted watch dealers ... they have their own section here on the Forum ..

Here's one. Click this

Since it looks like you completely new, you will probably wonder why there is such a variable price on these watches. Some are mechanical, and some are Quartz (battery powered).

I'd suggest reading the newbie guides available here on these Forums.

Thanks for the help. I've found this one on the site you indicated. But it doesn't say if the chrono works...

This one on another trusted dealer, says "Fully Functional Chronograph" but is "Asia" and not "Swiss" as the first one. Which one is the best buy?

Edited by RTTT

Ok, the one you link to on Watch International is a puzzle, since the title says 7750 (mechanical) but the description says 251.262, which is a Swiss 27 jewel quartz movement.

Looking at the display-case, tho, shows it to be a mechanical movement ... but perhaps it's a cosmetic-only display back, to make a quartz watch look like a mechanical one.

I would write to them for clarification. Since they are a forum approved dealer, they are not trying to fool anyone here .. but with replicas, it's always wise to ask for clarifications

• 1 month later...