When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Porsche Flat 6 / Grey Dial

Got the Porsche Flat 6 in Grey dial in today .. first impressions always say's it all and the first imppression i got was .... in my book that feeling of "wellness and innner joy and peace"..(that's the Zen terminology in plain words it.. means.. "It's Bad Ass" :yu: ...... <_< I mean it really looks great)

workmanship is 1st rate.. the dial is very "clean" sub dial markings are crisp,... the day date font is also very clean and crisp .. different on the day just TH for thursday.. the weight is supposed to be just a hair off genuine..the strap is incredible.. I thought the cousteau divers was good but this is just as good not soft and spongy, dust resistant and well molded .. I am really impressed with the quality of the strap .. no wonder they took 9 months to get this one out..

the font on the band is spot on

the question of the AR is the specs call for double sided.. but after seeing just pics of the genuine it is somewhat like the Panerai.. very subtle... i don't think a Breitling kind of double ar would do well on this time piece.. the maker and the collector that provided the genuine to be replicated went back and forth on this .. so what they did (to my understanding) is try to replicate the AR closest to what the Genuine really looked like and not the specs..with that said .. i told my collector i could always get that taken care of.. but his reply was .. give it time you will like it.. and after 10 minutes he (in my mind anyway) is correct I like it with the softer AR.. but that could change and I could get it changed...

Wrist shots tomorrow.. still figuring how to work this clasp :lol: Edit: the lume what little i charged it good for out of the box .. edit ..notice the pushers are not visible as they are built into the side of the case

post-2172-1198813708_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198813774_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198813907_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198813973_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198814010_thumb.jpg[attac

ment=18713:IMG_1991.JPG]post-2172-1198814100_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198814170_thumb.jpg

Lanikai

post-2172-1198814054_thumb.jpg

First there was a post about owning a Porsche watch without the Porsche.. well, as a former Porsche owner and enthusiast .. i think I still qualify.. and Pops had Porsches for most of his life... myself I had a 356b coupe twin carbs (zenith) 400 only.. made in the world had it for 8 years.. sorry not German silver .. Italian Red..i believe the Boxster (sic) design is bringing back the old aero dynamic look.. anyway Dr. Ferdinand Porsche.. inventor of the air cooled engine( will leave out the reason for invention) .. would be proud of this design.. your total German design functionality with style... but alway's in proper order...

ok these aren't the best wrist shots as you are going to have to cut the strap and tailor fit it into the clasp... so i am in no condition to measure and cut now.. be sure you have to cut both sides for the clasp to be aligned properly.. here are the why pics and the wrist shot is of the strap being "held together by the black book under the watch.. we do what we gotta do to get this uploaded..

post-2172-1198894726_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198894778_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198895034_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198895229_thumb.jpg notice on the case the design looks like the side of pistons heads.. and the date font changes size with the different dates... pretty cool.. and the concentric circles in the subs; and the design of the subs as a whole look like the part that hooks the pistons to the cam.. way cool..

post-2172-1198895326_thumb.jpg i would use an exacto knife to cut after measuring the strap

post-2172-1198895467_thumb.jpg screws have to be removed. (where the screw driver is pointing to)

post-2172-1198895540_thumb.jpg this is the open clasp where the strap (one on each lug side) would fit post-2172-1198895736_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1198895655_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1198895805_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1198895895_thumb.jpg close up of holes for deployment .. each lug side will fit 2 rows of holes .. edit: just notice the underside of the strap appears to be tire tread ??? looks like Perelli's (sic) Z rated of course

I'll wait until I'm a little rested to do the cutting :lol: no wonder this replication took 9 months it is by far one of the best of 07 even if it is not a "big name brand"

Lanikai

Great pictures. Thanks for getting this out. I have been wondering about this one. I can not tell from the pictures - but they actually make the investment in engraving the rotor. It seems to look engraved.

that is correct it is engraved and the inside of the engraving is black and the trim is gold.... as the genuine..

How is the day and date alignment?

Got the Porsche Flat 6 in Grey dial in today .. first impressions always say's it all and the first imppression i got was .... in my book that feeling of "wellness and innner joy and peace"..(that's the Zen terminology in plain words it.. means.. "It's Bad Ass" :yu: ...... <_< I mean it really looks great)

workmanship is 1st rate.. the dial is very "clean" sub dial markings are crisp,... the day date font is also very clean and crisp .. different on the day just TH for thursday.. the weight is supposed to be just a hair off genuine..the strap is incredible.. I thought the cousteau divers was good but this is just as good not soft and spongy, dust resistant and well molded .. I am really impressed with the quality of the strap .. no wonder they took 9 months to get this one out..

the font on the band is spot on

the question of the AR is the specs call for double sided.. but after seeing just pics of the genuine it is somewhat like the Panerai.. very subtle... i don't think a Breitling kind of double ar would do well on this time piece.. the maker and the collector that provided the genuine to be replicated went back and forth on this .. so what they did (to my understanding) is try to replicate the AR closest to what the Genuine really looked like and not the specs..with that said .. i told my collector i could always get that taken care of.. but his reply was .. give it time you will like it.. and after 10 minutes he (in my mind anyway) is correct I like it with the softer AR.. but that could change and I could get it changed...

Wrist shots tomorrow.. still figuring how to work this clasp :lol: Edit: the lume what little i charged it good for out of the box

post-2172-1198813708_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198813774_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198813907_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198813973_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198814010_thumb.jpg[attac

ment=18713:IMG_1991.JPG]post-2172-1198814100_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198814170_thumb.jpg

Lanikai

How about a wrist shot? That thing looks pretty thick!

This watch is an amazing reminder of how far reps have come; I wish more watches were this faithful to the gen.

I agree that it's no HBB but some of us are Porsche fans--my "other" rep is a slate grey '59 Speedster.

Agree.. it is the collectors that are committed to buying the genuines then commissioning the maker to replicate.. really getting on with Product Development.. should get even better for 08..

the 59 speedster was so far ahead of it's time in design and function ... man the low profile windshield really was 'sexy" and the aero dynamics of those designs as you know was, the faster you traveled the more control you had ..in that the air would push down the front end of the Porsche .. travel over the top (jet stream like) and then backwash on the engine end and push the car forward like a slip stream effect.. cooling the engine at the same time.. and those rims.. they were made for cooling the brake pads .. incredible engineering..even back then, far ahead of it's time !!!!

How is the day and date alignment?

the Day date alignment is...... PERFECT... and the best font replication i have seen .. I would equate it to lellos DW's.. since they "HAD" to replicate the font .. it is very unusual and anything else would have been rubbish

thankyou for asking.. I wanted to get the pics up as a preview quickly...man a review like andrew .. ByTor ... and the rest really takes a load of time..

the Day date alignment is...... PERFECT... and the best font replication i have seen .. I would equate it to lellos DW's.. since they "HAD" to replicate the font .. it is very unusual and anything else would have been rubbish

thankyou for asking.. I wanted to get the pics up as a preview quickly...man a review like andrew .. ByTor ... and the rest really takes a load of time..

You just made me wanna get this.... NOW!! :plane:

Thanks for the great pics mate! :thumbsup:

Very nice.

Who produces the movement for the gen Porsce watches? ETA?

this is the A7750 .. Ziggy's review of this states .. that it is one of the best movements .. if serviced properly... my flat 6 is running close to dead on from the same time yesterday.... seems like the maker of this model is (knock on wood).. doing a great job so far.. :)

First there was a post about owning a Porsche watch without the Porsche.. well, as a former Porsche owner and enthusiast .. i think I still qualify.. and Pops had Porsches for most of his life...

Ha...I think you qualify. As a matter of fact...I often wonder if it's more tacky to wear branded gear just to represent something else you also own?...we've all seen that guy that owns the Ferrari jump out wearing all of the bright red gear including his red puma Ferrari driving shoes...and the manditory leather corvette jacket that I think all Corvette owners have.

That said I wear porsche design titanium sun glasses...and will own this watch in red...to match a certain something in the garage.

Ha...I think you qualify. As a matter of fact...I often wonder if it's more tacky to wear branded gear just to represent something else you also own?...we've all seen that guy that owns the Ferrari jump out wearing all of the bright red gear including his red puma Ferrari driving shoes...and the manditory leather corvette jacket that I think all Corvette owners have.

That said I wear porsche design titanium sun glasses...and will own this watch in red...to match a certain something in the garage.

Wear and drive in good health.. FYI di you know ..(or do you care :lol: ) . that in some countries you pay more insurance when you own a red sports car...

Miss the air cooled engine for the whine of the fan... that was the trade mark sound of the Porsche for the longest time.. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Black Dial one coming... of course I will do a review on it once it's received.

For me, this was a replacement for my other desire which was a Corum AC C but after trying it on in Las Vegas I realize that it is probably a touch larger than what I would be comfortable with.

I am really excited about getting this watch as it will be the sportiest one in my collection. I guess outside my HBB stainless steel I would consider this a bold purchase for me.

Thanks for the sneak peak lanikai