When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of the Baume & Mercier Riviera XXL

Pix

After checking on B&M website, I have half an answer.

http://www.baume-et-mercier.com/collection...p;id_product=82

The black version shown for example has the same type of subdials I have. Some other have flat ones.

I wouldn't worry that much, as both are existing.

Besides, if there are 2 versions of the rep, I guess it's in the same manufacturer (maybe just a question of spare parts or whatever). Because I doubt there are two manufacturers for such a rare model. Especially if the rest of your rep is identical to mine.

Actually I am more and more convinced that the black one is the right replica (look at my link).

The white would be "nothing else" but the black, with the white colour. I did not find (yet ?) my white model on B&M' s website (as previously mentionned), except in the 40mm size, but with an other font for the hours and these flat subdials.

Also, the Panda dial seems to only exist on rubber.

Again, this is just a theory, as manufacturer's websites are not always up to date.

That reminds me of golden reps which take the same cases as the SS versions : only the colour changes, not the details.

This does not explain why you have flat subdials whereas I have the others on the very same model.

My understanding is that :

- same possibilities to inser a Swiss 7750 as with any Asian based 7750 : some modifications need to be done

- on B&M' s website only the Panda ruber is correct.

However I don't think that rep manufacturers would have made such a big mistake : I can't definitely confirm that there were not other versions (ours) previously. This deserves a hunt on the web.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Just got my panda :) I LOVE it. However I ordered the bracelet and I don`t like it. Anyone know if it is possible to get a custom leather strap made for this bad boy??

I bought a Panerai leather strap witch I will attempt to modify. But I have my doubts whereas I am able to get it right... Just notching it out at the top and taper the sides a bit. Cut a tube in two and use as inserts for the narrow end.

Send me a PM or an answer to this post regarding custom strap job :) THX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, i'm new here. I'm looking for one Baume & Mercier Riviera 8669, I fond one in asian7750.com, for U$288 with asian 7750 movement. But I can't send a message to Tony. Anyone knows his e-mail or a better (cheaper) place to get this watch?

Thank you all

Please inform me if you are able to get to Tony. Thank you. :)

• 1 month later...