When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new AP Alinghi model available soon!

The case is decent but the dial has glaring errors.....little texture on the dial, tiny date/countdown window, wrong color count down #'s, and its quartz. Also those #'s are date wheel actually count down like a chrono function. I don't know how the replica is going to deal with that feature. Spending a bit more time to get a textured dial and I might have bot this rep.

oh well...perhaps a decent toy for less than 130 bucks.

quartz??? oh thats not good. how do you know its quatz? damn i was excited for a second too. :cry:

subdial config suggests quartz and the other two sold by josh are quartz too.

I was really excited about this too but I guess the rep factories decided not to go the extra mile for this model.

The gens retail for US $35k (all carbon), $70k (rose gold/carbon) and $130k (platinum/carbon). However they're all sold out, and currently go for a healthy premium on the secondary market.

I wouldn't take this rep even if it was free. However, the one thing that the rep has going for it, somewhat amusingly, is that is appears that it's easier to read the time on the rep compared to the gen.

• 5 months later...

why dont they just make it in plastic. Shouldnt be a problem to mimic the carbon look in plastic. Also carbon is super lightweight anway, so the gen wont weigh more than a plastic version would.