When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Tudor Monte Carlo

tmg

I saw the price at J&W and wonder why does it cost so much? How much would the real thing cost?

I assume their pre-own Rolexes are real, price is very good for a daydate though.

You got a very nice watch, wear it in good health and enjoy.

Thanks Dvn,

The cost comes from the cases being very accurate and are made in small quantities, it also has genuine pushers and crystal on it and is powered by a valjoux 7734 movement (same as the gen). Those gen parts alone are at least half the cost not to mention the labor to put it together and servicing of the movement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

These are getting harder to find everyday! I just love mine! I have seen a few with the incorrect Poljot movement in them as well.

I just wish somebody could do a refinished dial where the baseball diamonds are in the correct position. To me that is the only giveaway on these watches from gen.

The 7836 bands are hard to find. I wish they made a good rep of them with the folded links and the 589/593 endlinks!

Enjoy!

These are getting harder to find everyday! I just love mine! I have seen a few with the incorrect Poljot movement in them as well.

I just wish somebody could do a refinished dial where the baseball diamonds are in the correct position. To me that is the only giveaway on these watches from gen.

The 7836 bands are hard to find. I wish they made a good rep of them with the folded links and the 589/593 endlinks!

Enjoy!

Yeah after looking at it his dial is WAY out. No bad to toomuchgear here just an observation. I looked over J&W site and his stuff is wow expensive. I would expect his stuff to be spot on for that kind of coin. He markets his stuff as replacement 1:1 but $$$$$ will cost you. What say the experts of his other dials? I saw the Omega 300 and I was not impressed.

• 3 months later...

Simply beautiful and this is the absolute grail for me.

RIMG0044.JPG

Yukiwatch is selling the 7032 dial. Any Tudor experts care to chime in?

The original 7031/2 crystals can be bought at VRF these days.

toomuchgear: Any idea if this case will take OEM crystals?

The most obvious giveaway upon comparison with a genuine 7032 is the bezel engravings and ink.

Considering prices have risen up to USD $ 35,000 for the 7031/2 --- complete...... J&W seems like the next best option.

Hi Pre V,

Thanks for the kind words!

I believe Yukiwatch is selling the same dial as J&W, the homeplate indices are a little too small and the giveaway but there aren't many other options. I'm told the crystal on my J&W 7032 is gen.

As for the bezel, the acrylic 7031 is more accurate than the steel 7032 but I personally like the cleaner appearance of the 7032. If you're patient you can find a gen bezel on VRF or ebay, just depends what you want to plunk down for it -I've seen the steel sell for $600-$800.

You won't be disappointed with this watch! Very solid watch and has the superb VJ7734 powerplant.

PreV... after admiring TMG's 7032 for over a year.. and having it grow on my like a virus... :p

then communicating with TMG over my obsession.. I gave in B)

and I haven't regretted it one bit !!!!! :D

Phong sent me the 7031 acrylic bezel..and told me to wear it for a month.. and he would swap it for the 7032 if I wanted.. I almost kept the black acrylic.. but gave in to the ss 7032.. I wanted to keep both but upon Ubi's suggestion that swapping the bezels.. may comprimise the integrity of the crystal.. I went with the ss bezel only..

and seeing how your melting your screen on TMG's original pics... give Phong a call.. he will come down in price.. I would say offer or ask him if he will accept 600 usd less.. I think you will be happy !!!

Give in .. what of you got to loose ??? ;)

and tell Phong R from Hawaii say's "Hello".. and R from Col. too.. and assure him we are not the same peeps...!!

he is quite a character.. funny...

Aloha

Lani

tudormontecristo009.jpg

dsc0018r.jpg

PreV... after admiring TMG's 7032 for over a year.. and having it grow on my like a virus... :p

then communicating with TMG over my obsession.. I gave in B)

and I haven't regretted it one bit !!!!! :D

Phong sent me the 7031 acrylic bezel..and told me to wear it for a month.. and he would swap it for the 7032 if I wanted.. I almost kept the black acrylic.. but gave in to the ss 7032.. I wanted to keep both but upon Ubi's suggestion that swapping the bezels.. may comprimise the integrity of the crystal.. I went with the ss bezel only..

and seeing how your melting your screen on TMG's original pics... give Phong a call.. he will come down in price.. I would say offer or ask him if he will accept 600 usd less.. I think you will be happy !!!

Give in .. what of you got to loose ??? ;)

and tell Phong R from Hawaii say's "Hello".. and R from Col. too.. and assure him we are not the same peeps...!!

he is quite a character.. funny...

Aloha

Lani

Aloha Lani!

What a beautiful Tudor 7031! :) I first fall in love with Tudors when one of my very good friends who incidentally is a very well-versed competent watchmaker showed me his collection.

Monte Carlo originated from the 70s and I wish they could still manufacture such brilliant colour-combination on dials. The 2 registers on the dial together with the baseball field indices is just perfecto. One could spot a Monte Carlo from 5 coffee tables away, that's a given.

Ubi, Lani and TMG, you've got a PM!

Just emailed Phong and I am definitely going to be laying down some dough for this piece --- with the Steel bezel.

Thanks for sharing.

Hopefully I will get Monte Carlo wristed really soon.

Cheers,

Pre V

• 7 months later...

As promised here are some more pix of my 7031 (really a 7032 thanks Ubi!, since I chose a stainless bezel) -a grail watch of sorts for me.

This is a vietnamese made case and complete watch from J&W with gen pushers, gen crystal, and a VJ7734 movement with a Tudor engraved bridge, mounted on a folded 7836 bracelet with 258 end links. The quality of these cases are just amazing. The date alternates red and black, although this DW is not original to the 7031 it's pretty cool. Yes, the crystal is slightly off center which I'll take care of soon. It's been some time since I had a watch I just CANNOT stop looking at! :wub:

Enjoy!

Wow! toomuchgear! that is a great piece! cool! love tudors i hope my next project will be a tudor well done wear it with pride!

• 4 weeks later...