When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does A Rolex Take A Year To Manufacture? This One Does...

Guest avitt

Sweet :wub: What a great feeling it must be to complete a project like this one. Well done!

...and congratulations on your little WIT (Watch Informed Toddler).

Edited by avitt

Randy,

As always I am in awe of your talents. Wish I knew my way around a timepiece like you do. I have a Swiss Valjoux Daytona, that i never wear. But your thread makes me want to take it out of the watch box and show it the light of day that it deserves.

Eddy

• 2 weeks later...

Randy,

As you know I amn't a Daytona guy, but yours is definately growing on me. Thanks so much for your excellent write up and most of all I hope that you truely enjoy the watch, as you have put so much into it.

I am humbled to have been a part of this journey and truely glad to call you a friend.

Enjoy the piece, I know you love it, and say hi to the family for me.

Chris

Fantastic !!!! :3a::3a::3a::3a::3a::3a::3a::3a:

:Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

Gerco

As you know I amn't a Daytona guy, but yours is definately growing on me. Thanks so much for your excellent write up and most of all I hope that you truely enjoy the watch, as you have put so much into it.

I am humbled to have been a part of this journey and truely glad to call you a friend.

Enjoy the piece, I know you love it, and say hi to the family for me.

Chris, my friend, a huge thanks to you for providing the heart and soul for my project. Without your help, I'd still be looking at an empty case and searching for that perfect movement to complete this watch. My plan for this one was to build something that I could pass on to my son when he's old enough to appreciate such a watch, and perhaps even more so, the effort his dad made to put it together (with the help of friends). But, until then, I'll enjoy seeing it on my wrist for the time being :lol:

Holy cow! You're doing it again. Well, since you can't wear two at the same time. I am partial to the white. ;) Do you suppose Ebel is going to wonder why there is a sudden surge in the purchase of movements only from non-AD's. :lol:

W- We'll have to see if a 2nd one is in order. I have tons of other things I need to do... But perhaps 'Part II' will involve an El Primero 400 from a different donor :)

Fantastic !!!! :3a::3a::3a::3a::3a::3a::3a::3a:

:Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

Gerco

Thank you, Gerco!

Here is the topic I was looking for the past 2 weeks!!!

You managed THE project nobody can ever tell this is a rep because it is simply not !!!

I say hands down to you, I'm amazed wear it well !!

Thanks Ludo. There are still a few things that I need to add... Searching for a gen 4030 rotor and bridge. And, of course, if I can find the right black dial with chocolate subdials, I'll have to pull the trigger on that, too.