When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona4me's Review of the Porsche Flat-6 Chrono

Daytona4me

The Watch: Porsche Design Flat-6 Chrono, Black Dial with White Sub-Dials.

The Movement: Asian 7750 28,800bph movement with working chronograph.

The Dealer: TWP (The Watch Prince, watchgroup.net)

The Cost: $325 plus shipping

What a replica! What a replica! What a watch!

I now serve notice to all replica collectors who think that you cannot find quality outside of the Rolex, Omega, Breitling, IWC brands.

YES YOU CAN!

If you are wanting to add a sporty watch to your collection and you are all Omega'd out, you may love the Porsche Design Flat-6 chrono.

This watch wears like a 42-43mm watch, it is comfortable to wear as you dont have the annoying chrono buttons poking into your wrist.

This watch sports an Asian 7750 28,800bph movement, a sapphire crystal with single very light AR coating and I swear...it has the same light AR coating on the rear sapphire crystal ( I could not capture it on camera).

As previously mentioned it has recessed chrono buttons at the 2 & 4 positions, a dust repellent rubber strap with a double deployant clasp.

The case construction seems strong and high quality and I plant to take apart this watch to see how the chronos recess into the case to determine how waterproof friendly this watch will be. The bezel is polished on the side and brushed stainless steel on top with Tachymeter digits around the entire bezel, each number and mark is filed with black paint.

e7668879.jpg

fb8b5d8f.jpg

The case is brushed stainless steel with polished stainless steel between each "fin" (as it's designed to look like the fins on a Porsche car). It has a screwdown crown with threads exposed for easy lubrication, the crown has "P' " in the correct font and is brushed stainless stell.

80e1bcbd.jpg

9bee5127.jpg

The caseback is a display caseback and is held in place by six flat head screws. The detailed engraving on the caseback is as follows: At the "4" position "120M WATER RESISTANT" , at the "7" " 180 ' 1576", at the "9" "Porsche Design P ' 6340" , at the "11" "SWISS MADE" , at the "1" "M41 STAINLESS STEEL".

The rotor is perforated to resemble a Porsche automobile rim and is engraved with "Porsche Design" filed in with black paint.

b7e5b9e3.jpg

The rubber strap has "PORSCHE DESIGN" engraved on the bottom strap on the right/top of the strap. The inside of the strap is textured like an automobile tire with the outside being a flat matte look. This is a "cut down" strap meaning that you will have to cut down the strap on each side in order to center the deployant on the bottom of your wrist.

e9ee0277.jpg

faeb6b97.jpg

The double deployant clasp has an engraved " P ' " one on each clasp, in opposite corners. It is polished on the sides of the clasp and on two boarders of the clasp, the middle being brushed stainless steel.

1170e5f0.jpg

From what I can tell, this Porsche Design Flat-6 Chrono has all of the correct markings, correct spellings and the factory finally got it right on a watch and perfectly recreated the font on the dial as well as the date wheel!! :mrgreen:

7d0fe126.jpg

6aac4d15.jpg

6da2033e.jpg

I mentioned that the size of this watch is a 43mm or 44mm but feels slightly smaller than my Panerai 111H and is very similar to that of the Cousteau Diver 2006. Below is a comparison of the IWC Cousteau Diver 2006 and the Porsche Design Flat-6 Chrono.

696190ce.jpg

ccc8a622.jpg

I hope you enjoyed my review of the Porsche Design Flat-6 Chronograph. :)

edit: Added wrist shot below.

01c6ec29.jpg

Edited by Daytona4me

Great review D4M.... I have a flat six coming and I was really planning to write a review about it.... now this is the third great review I'm reading on this watch. Guess I'll just have to find another subject for my next write-up.

Thanks for making me all nervous....

I NEED one !!

And these are damn nice pictures !!

Thx for sharing.

May I ask where it came from ?

in the first lines of the post it says it's from TWP...

as for the watch....i find it one of the best looking chrono reps available...love the hidden chrono pushers...only the dial configuration makes it look like a chrono...

nice, really nice!....thanks for the review and pics!

I just pulled the trigger on this one! I hope it is as good as it looks :)

The Watch: Porsche Design Flat-6 Chrono, Black Dial with White Sub-Dials.

The Movement: Asian 7750 28,800bph movement with working chronograph.

The Dealer: TWP (The Watch Prince, watchgroup.net)

The Cost: $325 plus shipping

What a replica! What a replica! What a watch!

I now serve notice to all replica collectors who think that you cannot find quality outside of the Rolex, Omega, Breitling, IWC brands.

YES YOU CAN!

If you are wanting to add a sporty watch to your collection and you are all Omega'd out, you may love the Porsche Design Flat-6 chrono.

This watch wears like a 42-43mm watch, it is comfortable to wear as you dont have the annoying chrono buttons poking into your wrist.

This watch sports an Asian 7750 28,800bph movement, a sapphire crystal with single very light AR coating and I swear...it has the same light AR coating on the rear sapphire crystal ( I could not capture it on camera).

As previously mentioned it has recessed chrono buttons at the 2 & 4 positions, a dust repellent rubber strap with a double deployant clasp.

The case construction seems strong and high quality and I plant to take apart this watch to see how the chronos recess into the case to determine how waterproof friendly this watch will be. The bezel is polished on the side and brushed stainless steel on top with Tachymeter digits around the entire bezel, each number and mark is filed with black paint.

e7668879.jpg

fb8b5d8f.jpg

The case is brushed stainless steel with polished stainless steel between each "fin" (as it's designed to look like the fins on a Porsche car). It has a screwdown crown with threads exposed for easy lubrication, the crown has "P' " in the correct font and is brushed stainless stell.

80e1bcbd.jpg

9bee5127.jpg

The caseback is a display caseback and is held in place by six flat head screws. The detailed engraving on the caseback is as follows: At the "4" position "120M WATER RESISTANT" , at the "7" " 180 ' 1576", at the "9" "Porsche Design P ' 6340" , at the "11" "SWISS MADE" , at the "1" "M41 STAINLESS STEEL".

The rotor is perforated to resemble a Porsche automobile rim and is engraved with "Porsche Design" filed in with black paint.

b7e5b9e3.jpg

The rubber strap has "PORSCHE DESIGN" engraved on the bottom strap on the right/top of the strap. The inside of the strap is textured like an automobile tire with the outside being a flat matte look. This is a "cut down" strap meaning that you will have to cut down the strap on each side in order to center the deployant on the bottom of your wrist.

e9ee0277.jpg

faeb6b97.jpg

The double deployant clasp has an engraved " P ' " one on each clasp, in opposite corners. It is polished on the sides of the clasp and on two boarders of the clasp, the middle being brushed stainless steel.

1170e5f0.jpg

From what I can tell, this Porsche Design Flat-6 Chrono has all of the correct markings, correct spellings and the factory finally got it right on a watch and perfectly recreated the font on the dial as well as the date wheel!! :mrgreen:

7d0fe126.jpg

6aac4d15.jpg

6da2033e.jpg

I mentioned that the size of this watch is a 43mm or 44mm but feels slightly smaller than my Panerai 111H and is very similar to that of the Cousteau Diver 2006. Below is a comparison of the IWC Cousteau Diver 2006 and the Porsche Design Flat-6 Chrono.

696190ce.jpg

ccc8a622.jpg

I hope you enjoyed my review of the Porsche Design Flat-6 Chronograph. :)

• 1 month later...