When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Graham Chronofighter .. Oversize

lanikai

I just got mine in the mail today from Josh. GREEEEEEEAT watch!!! I have a small wrist, but the watch looks great on my wrist. If you don't own a Graham yet, and you like the feel of PAMs , this is the one you need to get. The pictures just don't do any justice to the quality & feel of the actual watch. :D

AP PETE

congrats... let's see some pics..... Live Strong and Wear it Well

Outstanding review!....dammit....now I think I might need one :D

Thanks for taking the time to put this one together-GREAT

Timm

thanks star.. although I really don't "need" anymore timepieces :rolleyes: .. i like the technical presence of this one... but all that engineering to depress a chrono button seems like overkill... but good looking overkill .. maybe during that era the Brits had to try and one up the Italian engineers.. which do you think has more style... :lol: .. never mind redundant question.. :unsure:

congrats jawo .... no doubt.. it is the same maker as the Porshce flat 6 .. so I had expected great quality , and they did not dissapoint.. the only thing that I would want to improve on is the finish of the PVD lever... but that can wait...for now

Live Strong and Wear it Well >

thanks star.. although I really don't "need" anymore timepieces :rolleyes: .. i like the technical presence of this one... but all that engineering to depress a chrono button seems like overkill... but good looking overkill .. maybe during that era the Brits had to try and one up the Italian engineers.. which do you think has more style... :lol: .. never mind redundant question.. :unsure:

The watch was initially designed for RAF pilots in WWII. They wore thick gloves (its cold up there!) and the lever and its location, was designed to make it easier for the pilot to activate the chrono's with thick gloves on.

Just a little piece of history.

Beautiful watch. It really is growing on me with every pic I see.

I will get one for sure but not before summer - I believe it is a watch to be worn with short sleeves I don;t think that lever fits under cuffs or any long sleeved things.

And how is the lever "wobbliness"? Is it acceptable? Or is it too loose?

Beautiful watch. It really is growing on me with every pic I see.

I will get one for sure but not before summer - I believe it is a watch to be worn with short sleeves I don;t think that lever fits under cuffs or any long sleeved things.

And how is the lever "wobbliness"? Is it acceptable? Or is it too loose?

as you know with reps ..each one could vary.. the maker as stated earlier is responsible for the Porsche Flat 6 along with other top shelf replications.. the Graham Oversize is well represented when talking about another great rep for 08.. the lever if it is loose on your oversize can be easily tightened with some adjusting... refer to my first post.. there are several options to tightening the wobble... i removed about 85% of the wobble.. that's why it's essential to choose a collector that not only backs up his sales... but that is able to source parts... because after the purchase somewhere down the line you will need parts

but on the flip side.. yours could be 100 % AOK... ;)

Quick question on these....Does the lever actually start or stop the Chrono function or is it merely a crown protection device on the rep?

dluddy... after really looking at the whole lever action and adding in the thought of your question.. it would appear that the arms that fix's the lever does act as a crown guard to the crown and chrono pusher .. weather this was meant to be or was a great "oop's, good one ", i don't know :) .... but i would venture to say both lever action and CG,... I might also add that the reset pusher at 10 appears to be ADCL .. but i am not sure of this.. it's not scratching just with my fingernail .. (?)

post-2172-1202340741_thumb.jpg

I am being Redundant.. but I cannot help but be elated over this flush, tight exact, fit of the lever housing to the case.. .. and there are no visible screws so the lever housing must be secured from inside the case.. since it is definately not unibodied..

the further I get into this Replication the more I appreciate the great job the maker did on this.. as was the case with the Porsche Flat 6.. if you remember that post..

so again take a look at the fit of the housing to the case.. please....please get this maker to do just one Panerai .. ok maybe more than one.. :bounce:

post-2172-1202341938_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1202342317_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1202342337_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1202342493_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1202342510_thumb.jpg

more pics that I didn't upload with the original post.. :D

post-2172-1202343504_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1202343526_thumb.jpg ... just to give you a overview of the "look" of the rep. it's not as big as imagined when you take the entire arm into consideration

post-2172-1202343542_thumb.jpg

Power Reserve .... it has been 48+ hours since I started this thread and the power reserve is doing fine .. I have not worn the timepiece,so to gauge it's reserve.. it was given full power on the 4th at about 1:00 pm hawaii time ... it is now the 6th @2:10 hawaii time. -10 GMT

the maker of this rep.. IMHO is consistent with the servicing of the A7750 as is evident to me by the reps I have purchased .. one of the big 3 (makers).. so yes there is a great difference in quality and QC with the makers..

I have been waiting for these to come out for 2 years. Great write-up but I don't need it to know I want one. It just emphasizes I want it now. Anyway, I am going to wait a bit longer to see what new dials they come out with.

Usil

Thanks for the write up Lanikai, fabulous job and a fabulous watch. Man, I just don't think I could pull off that much watch on my 6.75" wrist though.

the strange twist is.. we think of the size of the watches in comparison to our wrist size.. I was at Sunday brunch and the table next to us had a collection on their wrists that would make you salivate... the patriarch of the family had on a panerai.. and it looked like the Cali dial.. he was a very slim elderly gentleman from Japan.. his wrist must have been in the 6" range .. the Pam was rolling on his wrist.. but it looked good and he pulled it off magnificently... I was not really looking at the difference but at the timepiece.. although i didn't want to stare or gawk... but these big watches were not made for just giants to wear..IMO ;) .. I think they were meant to look BIG on your wrist

I have been waiting for these to come out for 2 years. Great write-up but I don't need it to know I want one. It just emphasizes I want it now. Anyway, I am going to wait a bit longer to see what new dials they come out with.

Usil

We all say that 08 is the best start yet... but these replications were started almost a year ago by the makers and collectors who were responsible for purchasing the genuines for dissection and sourcing then back to fit for prototype... back to the drawing board .. more product development then the final replication.. ergo the cost therefore the final price..

but when it's all said and done I would rather pay a little more and get this quality than pay a lot less and get a replication made from pictures.. this is not directed at your post just a thought after getting the great reps of 08.. I know this is wishful thinking but I hope the Overlord III

Hope more dials come out for you .. swordfish in a couple of months too..

I think the makers of this watch could possibly the best rep factory around. They also produce the Flat 6 which also appears to be a very good rep. I look forward to seeing more from them. Maybe a Zenith? :wub:

The maker of the Graham and Flat 6 also is the same that came out with the SSD... the important thing IMO is they keep improving,..the Porsche may just well be one of the best quality reps to date.. although i think the lack of brand name holds it back from claiming sole ownership of that statement.. then we have the maker of the HBB another top maker .. and then the maker of the recently released Omega speedmaster.... all I know is there are 3 that are referred to as the "BIG 3" so anytime they have a rep in production.... that's something to be excited about,.. for sure