When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Radiomir Mini Review

TeeJay

Okay, it's been a while since I reviewed a watch, and, not having the time to take a load of macro shots, I'm not going to be going into gradings or ratings of the watch. Just a few quick snaps and observations. Hope it's of interest. If not, screw you :p

The watch in question:

A base Radiomir. Not sure of model number, as it has silver hands rather than black, and a sausage rather than sandwich dial. I specifically put it on the 26mm dive strap, as it is a gift for a friend, who a leather strap would simply be 'overkill' on. Rubber will blend into his wardrobe. Leather would overpower it.

DSCN3476.jpg

The dial is nice and clear, and I believe (might be wrong) that the 'A's in Panerai have the correct low cross-bars. Yay? Nay?

DSCN3477.jpg

Okay, so it's not a 127, but, size-wise, I found it a nice balance betwen a 111h and 127, and the dial is nice and crisp. Very easy to read.

Crown screws in and out smoothly, with no hint of a feeling of 'grinding' or 'stripping' on the threads. Okay, so when fully down, the OP logo is upside down. I don't think my friend is even going to notice (or care)

DSCN3480.jpg

The movement's an Asian Unitas 6497, and, although I think it could probably be better regulated, the dagger has been enough to get it to a reasonable rate of accuracy (Hard to measure precicely without a second sweeper, and experience has taught me NOT TO TOUCH the regulator arms. EVER :lol: Messing up my own watches is one thing, messing up a gift for a friend is something else ;) )

DSCN3481.jpg

A quick mention of the strap which it came with. A honey tan aligator strap with white stitch and polished buckle. The polished buckle found it's way onto one of my 24/22 factory straps ([Edit to add] I didn't think the polished buckle 'looked right' on the dive strap, but, as the watch is solely polished, the polished buckle is a better match for the watch, so I've swapped it onto the dive strap since taking the photos. Looks much more 'balanced' and the brushed buckle is now on the 24/22 strap...) When I ordered the watch, I ordered a spare 26mm dive strap, which I canabalized for buckle and keeper. The keeper went on my own 26mm dive strap so as to 'hold the tail in', and the brushed buckle went on the Radiomir strap for use with my 127.

The watch cost

Edited by TeeJay

Nice review, straight to the point :) As you already know, I like the look of the Radiomir on the rubber strap, the original Radiomir was not worn as a dress watch for dinner dates, but by Italian Navy seals diving under water for missions ;)

All in all, a nice watch especially for the price. Another thumbs up for Tony :thumbs:

Although not a Radiomirfan, it's a great review m8

Although not a Radiomirfan, it's a great review m8

Thanks, guys :)

great review

it was so great that i wonder "who is tony?" i have to order one myself!

please enlighten me!

thanx | rek

Tonyxkf. This watch was ordered from his own website, watch-ebay.

Indeed, not! Nicely done, both in terms of review and canabalism, TeeJay!

I heard that the 210, which this seems to hover around save for the sausage dial, is impossible to find these days, so well-done. Not too sure about the silver hands, but overall, a great upgrade for your chum. Strap looks great too. ;)

In all fairness, I had ordered the model displayed next to this particuar one, which has the sandwich dial, and the black hands, but, I had asked if the strap from that model, could be switched with this one, so it was just one of those misunderstandings. If I'd wanted to return it, it wouldn't've been a problem, (as far as Tony was concerned) but, given the time of shipping to China, I couldn't guarantee a replacement would've arrived by the 23rd (when we're going down for my friend's birthday) and, as he's not a real watch fan anyway, it wasn't worth the hassle of swapping over a difference in color/dial, which he won't even know about anyway. I admit, I'm not too stoked on the silver hands myself. To be honest, the gold hands on the 127 are 'pushing it', as I prefer the black hands of the 111g/h, but, I admit, the gold hands do add a certain elegance to it, so the silver hands are tolerable (at least they match with the case :lol: ) I'll have to try and get some decent pics of my 127 on the customized dive strap. I'll also try and get some more decent pics of the Radiomir, and my other PAMs for a decent review :)

Thanks again for putting together the 210/dive-strap combo for me to get an idea how it'll all look :)