When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Porsche Flat 6

Jawo

The overall accuracy of the new Porsche Design Flat 6 is very good. There are some minor differences between the rep and gen, but a very well done rep. The next super rep maybe?

Porsche Design

Flat 6 P6340

The gen is on the top and rep on the bottom (pictures courtesy of Trusty).

PD-1.jpgPD001A.jpg

As you can see, the accuracy is quite uncanny. The color of the inner bezel is a little off but the markers, date font and overall quality of the dial and bezel is very good.

PD-2.jpgPD001A_4.jpg

The crown is virtually spot on. The gen's engraving is a little deeper and crisper, but the rep is quite accurate nevertheless. The chrono buttons on the rep is tighter and more concealed than the rep. The rep has a larger gap and seems to have a little different finish. Markings are very good though.

PD-4.jpgPD001A_6.jpg

You will see that the markings on the case are spot on. The rotor on the gen is engraved instead of using a sticker. The parts on the movement have machined swirl markings on the gen and just polished on the rep. The gen also seems to have a regulator pin close to the main spring. I am sure The Zigmeister can elaborate better on this. You will also notice that the strap on the gen has 6340 marked on the end close to the lugs. These markings are on both straps.

PD-3.jpgPD001A_5.jpg

The buckle clasp is spot on with the correct markings. The metal used on the clasp of the gen is very solid and heavy. Much better than that of any of the reps I own. The strap on the gen is polished and hard rubber, different than say the rubber on a Chopard Miglia Gran Turismo XL which is grippy and not smooth.

PD-6.jpg

The lume on the gen as expected, uses C3 superluminova and is spectacular to look at in the dark. Some of you with the reps might want to ship yours to The Zigmeister for a makeover.

PD-5.jpgPD-7.jpg

The watch comes with an awesome case and box.

I hope this review helps a bit with your decision to buy the rep. The overall accuracy to the gen is very good and highly recommended. Of course there is nothing like a gen. I really love this watch, and that is why I forked up some cash to get it. In case you are wondering, the AR is single sided with a light purply tint.

Thanks for a well-done review. Just looking at your pictures the flaws I would guess are most prevalent are the inner bezel being the wrong color, the date number in the day date window being half the size of the gen date number and pretty significant difference in bezel engraving. It also looks like there is a significant difference in the caseback depth but that may just be the pictures from different angles. It is a beautiful watch though (rep or gen). :)

The gen came in either rubber or SS. I prefered rubber for overall comfort and sportiness. The dealer said I could give him a call anytime and he can ship me a SS bracelet for it. Cost for the SS is $300 though. As for the day/date wheels, only The Zigmeister can answer that when he gets a rep for a relume or service.

• 5 years later...