When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Antoine de Saint Exupery

lanikai

Antoine de Saint Exupery SS

I didn't plan on posting this replication as there seemed to be some members already disscusing it, but there may be intrest in information on this replica so here it is...

post-2172-1203633024_thumb.jpg .. Genuine

post-2172-1203633093_thumb.jpg.................Replica

Vitals...Genuine

Movement: calibre 30140 28,800; 21 jewels; power reserve 40 h; automatic

Glass: Sapphire, convex, AR

Crown: screwed

Water-resistant: 6 bar (60 m)

Case diameter: 44 mm

Case height: 12.6

Vitals...Replication

Movement: something from the far east; power reserve-until it runs out ( will report back on this); auto... Power reserve is a "working" PR

Glass: synthetic crystal, convex, double ar (low grade)

Crown: screwed down

Water-resistant: ??? (??)

Case diameter: 44 mm (from case @9 to case @3.. crown not included

Case height: 12-13 mm (without calipers ..very close to 12.5)

Note: the lug size on the replication is 21 mm .. unknown what the genuine is..

Dial

Colour: coffee/chocolate.. you pick the euphamism .. the replication is a satin finish

As far as the colour to the genuine.. I cannot ascertain as only having viewed the drawing of the genuine.. but I will say IMHO the dial colour on the replication is very appealing.

post-2172-1203635157_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1203633024_thumb.jpg

the markers on the genuine @12-3-6-9 appear to have borders (not sure on this) the replica has no borders just lume

the hands are silver on the replication and would appear to be the same as the genuine, note: unlike the Laureus the minute hand is the same legnth as the genuine

the "A" (standing for Antoine) seems close although the tick seems to be questionalbe .. but to close to call ..

Sub dial power reserve .. concentric rings within the sub .. same as genuine.. the lettering looks good .. again too close to call

Over all lettering is .. good

edit: the sub PR dial as noted by spookycord is smaller and lower on the replica .. you can consider this the "major" flaw in the dial

the font on the genuine DW is bolder .. i don't know if the DW is fixable on this .. don't know if I'd want to spend the money on it is the bigger question...

post-2172-1203637040_thumb.jpg..The lume out of the box is very good.. longevity of course lacking but regardless .. IMO good

post-2172-1203635187_thumb.jpg. crownpost-2172-1203636599_thumb.jpg

In 1929, Antoine de Saint Exup

post-2172-1203635452_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1203635524_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1203636138_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1203636325_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1203636964_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1203644505_thumb.jpg

looks bigger than 44mm on the wrist. how big are your wrists?

this is true.. about the IWC looking bigger than 44 mm.. the reason IMO being that the dial itself is huge where as other 44 mm brands .. it is the case that makes up more of the dimension of the watch

comparison of a BB so you can see what I mean.. I'll add this comparison photo to my post .. meant to do a comparison then got side tracked

thanks for reminding me..

post-2172-1203643870_thumb.jpg.... see what I mean the dial on the A. is about 37 mm or so, where as the dial itself on the BB is 30 mm... ergo the visual effect of the IWC being bigger than it really is...

BTW my wrist size vary from 7.5 to 8" depending on diet .. gym time .. water intake etc. .. pretty girls passing B)

Thanks for another good review L. I really like this watch, especially at that price, but the one thing that really bothers me is the power reserve dial being too low/small, and the 001 serial number. but love the color. I'm looking to add something that is not black/blue/or white to the collection. for under $150, it's a good deal.

Thanks for another good review L. I really like this watch, especially at that price, but the one thing that really bothers me is the power reserve dial being too low/small, and the 001 serial number. but love the color. I'm looking to add something that is not black/blue/or white to the collection. for under $150, it's a good deal.

thanks for the info on the PR sub SC.... couldn't discern from the pic of the genuine .. do you think it would take close scrutiny or is it that obvious??... add on.. yup it's that obvious..

and agree for the price.. wonder how durable this asian movement is going to be though.. IMO a good genuine AR from CT or k2222 would make this replica look much, much better..and yes the 001 number is really a stretch..