When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Fake Trade - 349 MB - Rapidshare

DemonSlayer

After reading the topic on the Fake trade, and having got a copy and viewing it, I decided to upload it to my Rapidshare server, so people can download it utilising the full speed of their internet connection.

If you don't have a rapidshare premium account, after downloading a part, you will have to reset your IP address and therefore changing it. You can do this by resetting your router, or if you use a cable modem I am pretty sure if you unplug it and plug it back in after a few seconds, the IP address should change.

There are 4 parts, you will need WINRAR to extract the file.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

If you don't have a rapidshare premium account, after downloading a part, you will have to reset your IP address and therefore changing it. You can do this by resetting your router, or if you use a cable modem I am pretty sure if you unplug it and plug it back in after a few seconds, the IP address should change.

Perhaps with some this works, but just in case, I posted on my uTorrent problems with my IP address. Here is how I solved it. Maybe it can work for others too.

"4- If you STILL don't have a dynamically assigned new IP do this:

a. Go to Start, Run, cmd, ipconfig/release

b. Disconnect the plug both from the electrical outlet and ethernet cable from the computer

c. Reconnect it

d. Allow it to bring up a new IP

e. Check it under Start, All Programmes, Control Panel, Network Connections, Local Area Connection or similar, Enable or Repair if needed"

Demon, THANK YOU. You're wonderful!

Just downloading some torrents now, but I'll d/l this in the weekend. :tu:

Glad to be of help :) It really is an interesting documentary. I couldn't believe they actually sell replica stuff in malls! I thought it was really low-key. Well actually I think what they do is on display they have generic things, such as non-branded sunglasses, bags, trainers, watches etc. but 'in the back' they have all the replica stuff :)

Glad to be of help :) It really is an interesting documentary. I couldn't believe they actually sell replica stuff in malls! I thought it was really low-key. Well actually I think what they do is on display they have generic things, such as non-branded sunglasses, bags, trainers, watches etc. but 'in the back' they have all the replica stuff :)

Not true , I am afraid.

All the counterfeit stuff is on open display everywhere, malls , shops, back alleys, etc.

Just wondering if anyone has the same problem;

When I try to download part 4 it gives me this message:

ERROR: Please enable JavaScript.

Is anyone else getting this?? It is obviously working because I was able to get the first 3 no trouble..... odd

:-(

I've just discovered that I get the same message when I open the links in my firefox browser, however when I used IE, it works properly. If you have IE then please try to download it through there.

I am assuming it has something to do with java script settings within the firefox browser.

EDIT: I found out what the problem was, you have to enable JavaScript within your browser. For Firefox, Select Tools | Options... from the main menu.

# Select Content button from the top row of options.

# Select "Enable JavaScript."

More than interesting and at times a little disturbing, what i found hard to belive is that the companys would not help the world customs to ID fakes, Most of these firms have made this problem them selfs though, such as Burbry, for them i have no sympathy but only for the people out of work in wales.

Perhaps with some this works, but just in case, I posted on my uTorrent problems with my IP address. Here is how I solved it. Maybe it can work for others too.

"4- If you STILL don't have a dynamically assigned new IP do this:

a. Go to Start, Run, cmd, ipconfig/release

b. Disconnect the plug both from the electrical outlet and ethernet cable from the computer

c. Reconnect it

d. Allow it to bring up a new IP

e. Check it under Start, All Programmes, Control Panel, Network Connections, Local Area Connection or similar, Enable or Repair if needed"

Demon, THANK YOU. You're wonderful!

Just downloading some torrents now, but I'll d/l this in the weekend. :tu:

One more solution to this annoyance-- I downloaded the first part using my business VPN connection that I accessed over my neighbor's wireless network, and the second part over the neighbor's wireless connection after disconnecting from the VPN (I've told them that I use their wireless network from time to time, and they are OK with it). I then switched to my own wireless network to download part 3, and then reconnected to my business VPN from my own network to download part 4.

Very interesting documentary. I gather there is to be a follow-up episode, which would be interesting as well.

Thanks very much for sharing this with us.

Yes it is a very interesting documentary. I'm sure the second part will be out soon, as another member mentioned earlier. Yes Andy, Burberry brought that upon themselves, its their own fault.

I couldn't believe that those painters only get paid $1 per painting :0 that was astonishing to me, what prices do you guys think they end up retailing?

Some interesting screencaptures, for you all. :)

faketradevangoghgz6.jpg

There's a whole village in China, where everyone copies Great Masters all day. This "Van Gogh" is sold by the painter for a whole U$1...

faketradelangewp7.jpg

The producer must know how difficult it is to get a good Lange rep.

faketradepigeons1vz5.jpg

An ex-Burberry Welsh factory worker, who now keeps pigeons. The Burberry flat cap is the only legit item in the whole documentary. ;)

faketradeburberryunionbxm8.jpg

Shop steward wearing a Paul Newman Daytona rep? :lol:

faketradebroadarrowxh7.jpg

And wouldn't it be funny if this Chinese Anti-Counterfeiter detective were wearing an Omega Broadarrow rep?

faketradedurexgg7.jpg

This however, ISN'T funny at all. The infamous Durex condom with "holes" going to Africa. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I hope you guys have some thoughts to share after watching this. I do, but I'll be back after dinner to post them. It was a most interesting documentary. Thanks, Demon and Confused69u!

The part about how they make replica eggs (artificial egg taste + shape without the chicken) to save money was so disgusting that I threw up a little bit of my lunch. To see someone wearing a mask and stirring powders and various toxic chemicals into a mold to create a squishy ball that looks (quite legitimately) like an egg yoke is so sickening that it really makes you think twice about eating when you're over there visiting.

The whole egg thing was taking it too far IMO, same with the condom with the 'holes' in them. It seems like the Chinese will copy anything to save a few bucks, even if health risks are involved.

@Dani: I'll keep a look out for the second part :) I saw the preview on the channel 4 website. This one also features fake Nike trainers, which the 'chavs' seem to find really popular :lol: One of the guys made

The whole egg thing was taking it too far IMO, same with the condom with the 'holes' in them. It seems like the Chinese will copy anything to save a few bucks, even if health risks are involved.

These are my scattered thoughts on the documentary:

Very well done Part 1, concentrating on the officialese reaction to the Fake Trade.

Christophe Zimmerman, of the World Customs Organisation (which I didn't even know existed) was highlighted and though charming, he looked like a guy swimming upstream whose head was being held down by his shipmates.

The reaction of famous brands (Cisco, Microsoft, Nestl

This only works if you're not using a router.

Right, that's my case. I posted it should it apply to others too.

However, if you're having problems, try getting a torrent.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1219532

Yes, Nolsen posted that and that's how I viewed it.

It downloaded fairly quickly, and is 167MB total. However, the sound is worse than Demon's I'm sure. The torrented one is very tinny indeed (still watchable).