When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TTK's Status on RWG

TwoTone

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry for this situation for the Mod Team. May I just say that when our health is in jeopardy, we're sometimes not in full possession of our reason, and judgements...

Wishing him the best (I sent him my good wishes privately), and hoping it'll all turn out well in the end, SOMEHOW, for RWG.

I'm not going to say anything bad about anyone who isn't around to defend themself, so I'll just say I hope Neil takes care of his health, and I'm glad the situation has come to a resolution. Best foot forwards, folks, as the great Freddie Mercury said, the show must go on :)

....plus those that are still waiting delivery on outstanding orders that were placed here on RWG....hmmm

Star, we discussed that as well...

Three things arose:

1 - It could take months for the GB issues to be resolved

2 - He's still active on RG

3 - Each buyer has his off board contact information [skype]

Not an easy decision, but the Team was and is united...

TT

Let me say, that there has been no moment that I have been more proud to be a member of this forum, though my current financial situation prevents for the first time my being a paid member.

I just hope that this will mark some sort of permanent upgrade in the service to the membership for anyone that will take on the responsibility to profit from our community.

I also say for the record, that I pray for Neil, in all ways that pertain to his honest endevours, and hope for a satisfactory conclusion for all concerned weather that be for this group buy, or upholding the reputation of our board.

Lastly, but not at all least,....

We should appreciate TwoTone for his gleaming and firm stance in always trying his best to keep our ship on course !

3 - Each buyer has his off board contact information

TT

Yeah and his communication methods are clearly outlined also, but that doesn't stop people from screwing it up. Having been around these boards for quite a while, there are three things I have learned Neil...............................

1. He is a man of his word, maybe not necessarily on the buyers timeline, but he goes beyond most dealers to correct the situation.

2. He has no hesitation calling out bullshitter's or scammers when they try to screw him over, which despite popular belief, is quite often. Its funny how when he calls someone out, there is never a justified response from the buyer.

3. He is one of the very few true collectors. Most of you only have an interest in buying the "best Submariner" out today, not a true appreciation for fine timepieces, rep or gen. Neil is a guy who you can talk to for hours, if not days, about the subject.

Too many people are here for the wrong reasons, sadly it shows in this decision.....................

Sorry TT, you and the rest of the team got this one wrong!

We should appreciate TwoTone for his gleaming and firm stance in always trying his best to keep our ship on course !

@K

I appreciate those words...

However...

Tis not me...

Tis the Team...

I just happened to be the one that made the Post...

But I was not the one who pinned it...

Your Moderating Team of RWG are the ones who are firm together...

Great group of guys...

M

@dippy we have always tried to moderate in moderation (that was in fact our moto when we started this board) however when someone resorts to threats and blackmail it's time to get tough.

You are entitled to your opinion just don't fool yourself that it's the correct one.

Ken

Yeah and his communication methods are clearly outlined also, but that doesn't stop people from screwing it up. Having been around these boards for quite a while, there are three things I have learned Neil...............................

1. He is a man of his word, maybe not necessarily on the buyers timeline, but he goes beyond most dealers to correct the situation.

2. He has no hesitation calling out bullshitter's or scammers when they try to screw him over, which despite popular belief, is quite often. Its funny how when he calls someone out, there is never a justified response from the buyer.

3. He is one of the very few true collectors. Most of you only have an interest in buying the "best Submariner" out today, not a true appreciation for fine timepieces, rep or gen. Neil is a guy who you can talk to for hours, if not days, about the subject.

Too many people are here for the wrong reasons, sadly it shows in this decision.....................

Sorry TT, you and the rest of the team got this one wrong!

If I recall what TT said correctly, he was not banned because of his business practices but because Neil reacted badly to having his collector status on this board revoked. If he did and broke the forum rules then the Admin have to call it like they see it and if that means a ban, so be it. I feel for him but ultimately, rules are rules and should be respected.

I must admit, when I saw Neil's status as 'forum supporter', given his post about health issues, I wondered if he might have 'retired', and had his status voluntarily altered. I guess that wasn't the case.

@K

I appreciate those words...

However...

Tis not me...

Tis the Team...

I just happened to be the one that made the Post...

But I was not the one who pinned it...

Your Moderating Team of RWG are the ones who are firm together...

Great group of guys...

M

Your desire to Humbly stand by the team speaks volumes Double T

chieftang Posted Today, 02:29 PM

Well reasoned concerted decisiveness. This is what makes RWG's the greatest admin team around.

Agree.... I certainly wish the company I am contracted with would be as firm and FAIR..

Definately not an easy call.. but for the good of all.. thankyou from one member..

TwoTone, Kenberg and the rest of the ADMIN TEAM, I know it was tough for you to make this decision, but I believe that myself and 90-95% of the members of the RWG board support you all 100% It's water under the bridge now! We wish Neil good health! Life goes on and the sun will shine tomorrow, if not already in the other parts of the world that we have members and then we start a new day! Good day everyone.....LIFE is good.........., but it's better if it's GREEN! Let's all live a GREEN LIFE! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

CHEERS!!!!! :good:

Hike

Let me say, that there has been no moment that I have been more proud to be a member of this forum, though my current financial situation prevents for the first time my being a paid member.

I just hope that this will mark some sort of permanent upgrade in the service to the membership for anyone that will take on the responsibility to profit from our community.

I also say for the record, that I pray for Neil, in all ways that pertain to his honest endevours, and hope for a satisfactory conclusion for all concerned weather that be for this group buy, or upholding the reputation of our board.

Lastly, but not at all least,....

Dear RWG members (and ADMIN, Pls advise if I'm doing this wrong), let's start this New Day Right; the first one to offer to pay for Richard Tracy's membership upgrade, I will MAKE you TWO PAM Straps with your choice of leather from my current stock! Come on! Let's do this!

Hike

I am not 100% sure as to why he was initially put on "collectors suspension" But after being a dealer/collector for so long on this forum and knowing his current health status, I would imagine the mod team here would have a little more tolerance for Neil.

I guess it is what it is and what is done cannot be un-done so...it was nice having you on the forum, Neil and you will be missed here by a large number of members. I hope your health improves and I will see over at the "Geek".

Dear RWG members (and ADMIN, Pls advise if I'm doing this wrong), let's start this New Day Right; the first one to offer to pay for Richard Tracy's membership upgrade, I will MAKE you TWO PAM Straps with your choice of leather from my current stock! Come on! Let's do this!

Admirable, Hike.

I'll pay for Richard's upgrade, and you can make me ONE strap -- I'll donate the other to a deserving newbie RWGer of the Moderating Team's choice.

Please let me know if this is acceptable to everyone.

I am not 100% sure as to why he was initially put on "collectors suspension" But after being a dealer/collector for so long on this forum and knowing his current health status, I would imagine the mod team here would have a little more tolerance for Neil.

I guess it is what it is and what is done cannot be un-done so...it was nice having you on the forum, Neil and you will be missed here by a large number of members. I hope your health improves and I will see over at the "Geek".

But you don't know what triggered the decision........

I would imagine the mod team here would have a little more tolerance for Neil.

Well considering this is the first time we have ever brought any form of action against Neil, I think that puts us ahead of the rest as tolerant.

Ken

Well considering this is the first time we have ever brought any form of action against Neil, I think that puts us ahead of the rest as tolerance

Question for ya Steve'O...

Just how much Tolerance should one extend when they are being personally threatened?

READ the opening post again...

He threatened T personally, the Board, the Mod Team, and to try and have the PP accounts shut down...

Not sure if you're aware or not, but had it not been for T...

You wouldn't even have a place to post here...

TT

But you don't know what triggered the decision........

get your point Hike... a lot can be tollerated even on the internet .. but physical or any other type of harmful threats should not be..and that's where I feel the "LINE" was drawn .. good lesson.. some things you cannot take back

Hike, Richard Tracy's upgrade is done. I'd love your bright yellow strap.

As for the second suggestion I made earlier, if I may slightly amend my decision -- I'd like to choose Ztech as the newbie who receives a PAM strap from you (if he's agreeable, of course).

Please contact me for further info. :)