When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TTK's Status on RWG

TwoTone

Question for ya Steve'O...

Just how much Tolerance should one extend when they are being personally threatened?

READ the opening post again...

He threatened T personally, the Board, the Mod Team, and to try and have the PP accounts shut down...

Not sure if you're aware or not, but had it not been for T...

You wouldn't even have a place to post here...

TT

Sorry about that...I clicked reply without adding my post.

OK...I READ the opening post again, just like you asked me to. My original question still remains, Why was his "collectors status" revoked to begin with. As I READ in your original post for the second time, you said that he was suspended from selling and that led to the threats. Of course threats should not be tolerated - especially those that are being said he made.

As far as me being aware of "T" and without him not having a place to post...please don't insinuate that I am unaware of how the fora, that we are part of, are run. I understand very well that we are all privileged to post on these fora and appreciate the ability to do so. I have been a very well respected member for quite some time on all of the rep and gen forums with zero enemies. There is no need to puff-up your chest at me 2-tone. I am one of the good guys.

Edited by stevie7s

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hike, Richard Tracy's upgrade is done. I'd love your bright yellow strap.

As for the second suggestion I made earlier, if I may slightly amend my decision -- I'd like to choose Ztech as the newbie who receives a PAM strap from you (if he's agreeable, of course).

Please contact me for further info. :)

Vik! Thank you very much! You got it! Pls. PM me the size and # of holes....personally I love my straps with single hole! Antd I stiill wanna make you a second one....I'll take pictures of what

I have and email (pls PM this) them to you.......

Ztech, if you read this, please do the same....

Richard, I'm happy for you! Enjoy your upgraded membership!

There is no need to puff-up your chest at me 2-tone. I am one of the good guys.

My apologies if it came across as "Puffing Up"...

That was not my intentions...

It was just that your "Tolerance" questioning rubbed me wrong...

We have extended TTK much tolerance...

TT

I just want to publicly say how awsome of a gesture this is from both Hike and Victoria. Thank you both. I'm taken aback by both of your generosity and I hope to be able to return it to the both of you soon. I've been a member of many forums, but this is certainly the tops! Just when I felt like drowing in the sea of the rep world, I feel as though I'm seeing silver lining. You guys, all of you, are great people!!! A great big thanks to all.

I'm disappointed at what happened, as I think that TTK has probably been under an unreal amount of stress and might be acting a little out of character. I feel there is likely a strong correlation between the emotional issues that seem to have surfaced in the forms of threats of personal harm, etc... against the admins, and the root cause of his problem meeting very basic expectations and standards of conduct needed to run any any business over time.

I hope he gets well. The reality is that business is business, and not everyone is cut out for it. You can choose to look at Neil's struggle to run his business as a product of an innocent person being the victim of an unfortunate series of events that were out of his control that caused him to fail to meet his responsibilities.

Or you can look at it as someone who really didn't have the right motivation to be selling in the first place. Someone who incorporated the habit of viewing his personal problems as reasonable explanation for his inability to handle business responsibilities. Someone who failed to grasp that his own immaturity, and inability to handle responsibility, is not someone else's fault, or someone who simply doesn't understand your 'unique' policies. What is truly sad is that the cycle had become so absurd in the eyes of outside observers that he had literally played himself into a corner with this last round, by choosing to attribute this latest debacle to his legitimately deteriorating health.

This is going to sound horrific to those of you still in your box, but he insulted the blind people I know when he did that, and the fact he's losing his sight does not absolve him of the responsibility of that insult.

Right now the new Governor of New York City is a blind man. Go tell him that you couldn't deliver a watch because your eyesight is deteriorating. I'm not making light of TTK's blindness- he did, by "going there" when the real reason he's failed again is that he's an incompetant business person. All he had to do was simply communicate with his buyers and be honest. To those of you that lucked out and didn't get burned- it doesn't mean he's a good rep dealer.

Hike wrote

Am I the only one giggling like a school boy?

Nope...

:lol:

You guys make my day.....I love you guys.....you find laugh lines in untended remarks!!!!LOL! I agree though, that sounds funny in that context!

Hike & Victoria,.. I don't know why this was done for me, and I really don't deserve any such kindness,...

But I do thank you with the bottom of my heart and will do anything in my power to help both of you

in anything I can offer !

Hi Richard!

No problem m8! Glad to be of help! You don't have to do anything and you don't owe us anything.....maybe someday another member will need some help and you could return the favor then!

Hike

Okay, okay. I'll reveal the rest of me to soothe the savage beasts!

pippablooddrinkingthumbmh3.jpg

Night guys! :lol:

No way that lady could pass as you! She's not wearing a watch or a purse! LoL!

Jeebers Ken, TT, and the rest of the RWG mod team.

I'm sorry to hear about the personal threats stuff along with everything else in this fiasco!

that stuff is frightening to even suggest.

I hope things sort out well and blow over and we can continue on with this crazy watch hobby.

Edited by crick0234

The moment someone makes threats against the Mod team which not only affects the Mods, but all of us as members, something has to be done. It may not be a popular decision in the view or many, but a right one nonetheless.

@Steve

"Sorry about that...I clicked reply without adding my post.

OK...I READ the opening post again, just like you asked me to. My original question still remains, Why was his "collectors status" revoked to begin with. As I READ in your original post for the second time, you said that he was suspended from selling and that led to the threats. Of course threats should not be tolerated - especially those that are being said he made.

As far as me being aware of "T" and without him not having a place to post...please don't insinuate that I am unaware of how the fora, that we are part of, are run. I understand very well that we are all privileged to post on these fora and appreciate the ability to do so. I have been a very well respected member for quite some time on all of the rep and gen forums with zero enemies. There is no need to puff-up your chest at me 2-tone. I am one of the good guys. "

The reason this fella had his collector status revoked is because he was/is not fulfilling his promises - it's really that simple.

I think the Mod team did not intend on banning TTK forever, but simply made him take a "time out" until he was feeling better and able to perform his business with vigor.

The resulting flurry of threats and the like simply reinforced the revocation and probably instigated the ban.

I hope this cleared it up for you.

I hate to speak on TT's behalf, so instead, I will speak of him;

I have had a couple of phone conversations with TT, and let me tell you, I have never had a more pleasant conversation with a complete stranger!

He and the rest of the admin team have my full support!

Robb

@ the Admin team,

Well done and good job. No matter if his health issues were legitimate or not, you did do the right thing by suspending his dealer status till he could get caught up and handle all the backlogged orders. The fact that he lashed out the way he did makes me suspect that to some degree, TTK is robbing Peter to pay Paul and he wasn't happy with such a large fora's sales being taken from him. I've seen it happen as well as the threats. When that happens, there is no other recourse and you did the right thing.

Great work.

@Mez...

Great post and sums it up in a nutshell. After his latest behaviour, I also feel he tried to use his health issues to cover for his poor business practices after these same practices got him into trouble in the past.

Well, I just read over all the posts in this thread and it reminds me why I keep coming back.

First, I know the difficulty in this decision as I, too, am an Admin for a non-related forum. There are plenty of times that a very hard "executive decision" is to be made and there is a lot of thought in these actions...as well as time taken. I support this forum in any decision.

Next, once again, I see some unconditional generosity that just makes this such a great place. I commend everyone involved.

Lastly, C'mon Vic...love the pic, but...I just can't believe that one! :p

Cheers!