When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TTK's Status on RWG

TwoTone

Maybe its just me, but I don't see what the big deal is.

member since 06, post count: 20?

Maybe if you actually contibute something to this community you'll understand the validity of this decision.

On a side note, don't often encounter a person who makes threats when they're ill.....just a thought though....

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well reasoned concerted decisiveness. This is what makes RWG's the greatest admin team around.

Thanks for the notice, TT. Now we move on.

-Chief

Exactly... it's like when that red phone rings in the Whitehouse @ 3AM, there is no time not to be decisive!

member since 06, post count: 20?

Maybe if you actually contibute something to this community you'll understand the validity of this decision.

Ah, maybe you don't know Roeod4. He was one of the founders of RWI. He's given plenty.

To my limited knowledge, this is the third Forum TTK has threatened over being banned, RWG1 being the first, RWI being the second. I'm sure many of you know these tales better than I do.

Sad and stupid story.

Neil can flame and be a very rude person in his writing.

Speaking to him gives you a totally different picture.

I don't know what or when it went wrong but his trouble with his health most have had some influance in his behaviour

ofcourse that's no excuse to threaten people

Nobody gains anything from this situation we all loose

Carpe Diem

Cats

J've just read all these posts while on my morningcoffee.

I agree with Cats, loosers on both sides here.

I had the pleasure of meeting T personally in Brussels and I really don't think this guy would have himself threatened. Without T and the rest of the team there would not be RWG.

Personal threads?? Then I think you guys made a though but correct decision here

Hi All,

Having met and spoken with Admin, hearing his pov (same as the entire Admin team), I understand the ban.

Neil can be very rude in his writings, no doubt.

Dealing with him in buying watches is very different from other dealers, that is true too.

Having spoken to Neil very often, I too want to say he is totally different from his writings.

He has helped me personally, support me in hard times and it was good to hear his voice.

I will keep him my "virtual" friendship; I say virtual as we never met.

That is how I am and I can't help it.

I also would like to add that I doubt RWG will be calmer and friendlier without him around.

There is still a number of members here who like controversy and noise.

Cheers

Stephane

What I can not understand (may be I lost something), is why this decition now, when in the post that started all, everything was starting to be solded. TTK explained himself, his situation, and how he will resolve it (when his health problems are solved). I am sure, that most of us, can wait longer, and wait till he is back for his wealth problems. I have nothing against people wanting his watch, but please, we are buying counterfait luxury watches!

As an example, for me, this forum is a comunication board: I learn, I have fun, and communicate with other people. Not just buy.

At least, I could communicate with him (TTK), in the last post, I know now his situation, and I now, that he still wants to reach an agreement with his customers.

Now, I have no possible comunication line: in Skype, I have a "pending authorization", here, he it is not possible to comunicate (must I check the "last board. RG"?).

TTK, now, has also not the possibility to communicate with us (at least not in this board, which in my opinion is one of the best). Nothing good.

I think it is a decition from the Moderators, and I accept it, but in my opinion , cutting comunication lines, is not good for the forum, and for TTK.

I could explain my situation openly (no scam or similar), and TTK could explain his situation with other menbers/buyers. I had the impression, that TTK was more correct than most buyers in this post, and he could explain clearly what happend. Some buyers even jumped in the post, with claimings that were not correct (or totally fake).

Just my opinion.

Sam

I think it is a decition from the Moderators, and I accept it, but in my opinion , cutting comunication lines, is not good for the forum, and for TTK.

Sam, when does a situation cross the line, in your opinion? Is it when people disagree violently, or when goods fail to be delivered?

IMO, no. Those are workable situations.

It only crosses the line of no return when threats are made. THREATS. For goodness' sakes, that's serious.

I am thinking of all the years T and the Moderating team dealt with TTK -- how much they liked him, and he they. The rapport, and sense of cameraderie must've been amazing between them. TTK is an extremely charismatic man, warts and all.

How do you think it must feel then, to have personal and forum threats levelled against you, given this intimacy? It must've been devastating to the Moderating team -- men with children, wives, and livelihoods to protect, if these threats were indeed as personal as they sound.

That's a line, Sam, and it was crossed.

If you need a go-between, should you not want to register on Repgeek.com, I offer myself to PM TTK on your behalf. I will even install Skype for you.

But don't blame the Mod Team for this closing of communication. It wasn't they who are at fault.

Just to add to what Victoria says there....

I have been on these boards a relative short time compared against others (I think about 3 years all up) but for most of that time I have considered Neil a very good virtual friend, this is also true of a number of Admin team members.

This situation has only recently changed, but it changed drastically, our Admin is uno ono as far as the team is concerned, untouchable if you like and there is not one member with all these boards that can threaten our Admin and not face a totally unified team.

Ken

Just to add to what Victoria says there....

I have been on these boards a relative short time compared against others (I think about 3 years all up) but for most of that time I have considered Neil a very good virtual friend, this is also true of a number of Admin team members.

This situation has only recently changed, but it changed drastically, our Admin is uno ono as far as the team is concerned, untouchable if you like and there is not one member with all these boards that can threaten our Admin and not face a totally unified team.

Ken

And the boards members.

Cheers

How do you think it must feel then, to have personal and forum threats levelled against you, given this intimacy? It must've been devastating to the Moderating team -- men with children, wives, and livelihoods to protect, if these threats were indeed as personal as they sound.

But don't blame the Mod Team for this closing of communication. It wasn't they who are at fault.

Victoria,

First thank you for your support. May be I ask for it ;)

Second, I think I missed something, because I did not see the threads post. If there was personal threads, it is reall not good.

But my experience is that writting in internet is "too easy" and been agresive (especially if you have health concerns) is also very easy.

I do not like insults, and less threats, but been calling a scammer, and a liar, about your health problems (as I was CLEARLY said) it is also very disturbing.

I do not blame the Mod Team, they do a hard and complicate work. And they do it very well.

Sam

I am probably going to get flamed for this but I have to say it anyway....

Firstly I can fully understand the Moderator teams reaction to be being personally threatened and I have absolutely no problem with that. However like sam_tgg, what I fail to understand is why his status was reduced from being a collector in the first place.

There have been problems with a number of dealers in the past however no action was taken, why this time? Was this triggered by the issues around the group buy, does anyone actually know just how many watches from that are still outstanding?

From all the posts I have read it seems that there are just a minority of very vocal members who have made it almost a personal mission to paint Neil in as bad a light as possible and didn't like it when he responded in his usual combative way. Neil's illness does not appear to be something he just "made up" to cover the problems as some people have insinuated, several trusted members have corroborated it. So for all those members that are out by a few $100 and who believe this is a good outcome, look within yourselves, there are no winners here, not the forum, not the members and certainly not Neil.

One final thing that really makes me mad, and this goes out to all those members that started this and continually talk about "normal" business practices -

YOU had your own PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY in this debacle, YOU had ample opportunity to read the posts concerning the way Neil does business, if YOU didn't like what YOU read then YOU shouldn't have ordered from him, it's as simple as that. YOU were the one that made the decision to engage in an ILLEGAL activity, so don't expect the normal rules to apply. If things go wrong then post the feedback in the appropriate forums, turning it into a personal vendetta smacks of revenge, and that never leads to justice.

I'm just going to add this single post to this thread before I go back on my forum leave:

Sure, the timing on this is not the best and to be honest, I do not like this at all. But TTK has made his own bed here. This is not about his customer service, him being rude or members who have not received their watches yet (Most likely received the watches you have ordered from him, because TTK has never scammed a member).

There is only one reason why he has been banned from the forum: The threats I have received from him, both in writing via Skype chat and also by voice, via Skype. I have up until two days ago considered TTK to be a good "online" friend, but I will not tolerate threats from any forum member and that is the reason he is no longer welcome here.

Well, what goes around comes around i guess...

//robi

It's Karma (and my name is not earl)

I'm glad i received my watch from the GB before this serie of events.

I hope that all of you who don't have you're watchs yet, will receive them soon.

I don't have anything against TTK, but as a member of the board i have to respect admins decision.

I'm just going to add this single post to this thread before I go back on my forum leave:

Sure, the timing on this is not the best and to be honest, I do not like this at all. But TTK has made his own bed here. This is not about his customer service, him being rude or members who have not received their watches yet (Most likely received the watches you have ordered from him, because TTK has never scammed a member).

There is only one reason why he has been banned from the forum: The threats I have received from him, both in writing via Skype chat and also by voice, via Skype. I have up until two days ago considered TTK to be a good "online" friend, but I will not tolerate threats from any forum member and that is the reason he is no longer welcome here.

As I stated I fully understand the reasons for the eventual ban, but I believe the trigger was Neil being reduced from collector status. If this was not originally about his rudeness or outstanding watch issues, what was it ? That's the bit I don't understand.

@nelly many things are discussed within the Admin section which never sees light of day on the boards, this is the same on all boards, there never was and never will be full transparency........and I'm sure the members don't want it either.

Ken

As you say:

... didn't like it when he responded in his usual combative way...

As Yellomen pointed out above, Neil is a bully, plain and simple. People are saying that 'in person', he's very different to how he posts. That's great. That's fine, but most people don't know that. All they have to go on, is the way he posts: Abusive, condescending, and unnecessarily hostile. If he feels the need to post in such a manner, he cannot blame people for judging him by that style of writing.

I've said before, Neil always delivered excellent quality products. But, his attitude (or how it appeared on forums) was unnecessary.

At the end of the day, people with orders still outstanding, likely still have Neil's contact information, so can contact him idependantly, or, as mentioned, he can still be found on RepGeeks. Discussing things here is not going to get Neil back, nor is it going to help anyone who still has outstanding issues with him. At the end of the day, he crossed the line by making threats, so the admin team had to do what was necessary to protect this community.

@nelly many things are discussed within the Admin section which never sees light of day on the boards, this is the same on all boards, there never was and never will be full transparency........and I'm sure the members don't want it either.

Ken

Ken, thank you for the response and clarification.

I would actually vote for transparency, however I do understand this forum is not a democracy and the admins do enforce to a very large degree significant levels of fair play and impartiality.

As Yellomen pointed out above, Neil is a bully, plain and simple. People are saying that 'in person', he's very different to how he posts. That's great. That's fine, but most people don't know that. All they have to go on, is the way he posts: Abusive, condescending, and unnecessarily hostile. If he feels the need to post in such a manner, he cannot blame people for judging him by that style of writing.

Teejay,

This is somewhat my point.....

Members had ample opportunity to read Neil's posts, so if they ordered from him then they took the risk that they too would be on the end of one of his scathing posts, complaining about "bullying" after the fact just smacks of the "it's always someone else's fault" syndrome that is infecting our society.

@nelly if Admin sections were transparent then all boards (not just our rep ones) would be in chaos, just to much sensitive stuff going on in there for all the rank and file to see.

Ken

Teejay,

This is somewhat my point.....

Members had ample opportunity to read Neil's posts, so if they ordered from him then they took the risk that they too would be on the end of one of his scathing posts, complaining about "bullying" after the fact just smacks of the "it's always someone else's fault" syndrome that is infecting our society.

Rule No.7 regarding behaviour of ALL members of this board:

7] - Be nice to each other and respect the RWG admin team and moderators. No personal attacks. In particular, malicious comments that insult others based on race, gender, religion, nationality, or sexual preference will not be tolerated. The fastest way to get removed from the community is to turn a discussion into a personal confrontation.

Rule no.15:

[15] - We have NO respect for troublemakers or trolls. If you are not here to contribute or do some peaceful reading, we suggest you find yourself another board. Trolls and troublemakers will be banned at the admin/co-admins/moderators discretion.

No one is an exception to these rules, they apply to ALL members including dealers. As some Moderators have pointed out here, Neil was tolerated far more than others. If another member had displayed behaviour as Neil has, they would have been booted off long ago...