When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Link Chrono

r11co

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a stunning TAG. Congrats R11co.

Would like to see the blue dial version. This is almost as nice as the Aquaracer 2000 Chronograph. Very nice to see the TAG reps improving.

Hi Andrew never mind all that....is that Navi not in yer hands yet....it's the most travelled watch on the planet.....!

Post a pic of your buddy's desired TAG Chrono...and I'll let you know....!

Hi Andrew never mind all that....is that Navi not in yer hands yet....it's the most travelled watch on the planet.....!

Post a pic of your buddy's desired TAG Chrono...and I'll let you know....!

No, my Navi is still in transit, somewhere in Vancouver at last check. Hoping it will make an appearance sometime soon. The TAG I'm looking for looks like this.

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/car...dex.lbl?lang=en

Edited by andreww

No, my Navi is still in transit, somewhere in Vancouver at last check. Hoping it will make an appearance sometime soon. The TAG I'm looking for looks like this.

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/car...dex.lbl?lang=en

I bought the Tag Carrera 'brown' version that Niel had up, and it is SOOOOO stunnning...check for a pic of it in the 'pictures section' or dealer reviews....

But, the Carrera you linked to is the exact one I want to get my hands on next (but with a black leather strap and auto).

Niel, thanks again for the fantastic Carrera, I am wearing right now as I type this! :)

I wouldn't hold your breath Leeroy. A rep of this is going to stink for 2 reasons, and they are both to do with the movement...

1. To get this subdial placement the movement will either have to be quartz (yech!) or the bodged 7750 with the transfer gears to shift the top subdial - this will of course screw up the datewheel positioning

2. Calibre 36 means 36,600 BPH - no rep movement does this!

Well folks, looks like the second gen of this rep is out already, and it isn't good news..

Ryaku and myself have been comparing pics of River's new version of this watch (an apparent bargain at $189) with the ones we received from King and Neil respectively. Spot the differences...

River's

76283-31481.jpg

King's (Neil's is the same as this)

76283-31482.jpg

Apart from the lack of o-ring (which I suspect has just been mislaid in River's pics) clearly some material has been lost from inside the watch case and a brass spacer inserted to make up the difference - check out the difference in gap between the ridge for the caseback seal and the lugs!! The bearing on the movement rotor also looks different (inferior quality?!) and that screw sticking out the bridge plate looks bad!

Neil did mention that there appeared to be some disparity in the case dimensions being claimed by some dealers.

Edited by r11co

Both of those looklike the old, slower beat version of the 7750. Johsua's conatins the new 28,800bph version.

No no no!! B)

Neither of them looks like that old movememnt, but I suspect one of them may have started life as one (and the reason for my suspicions are in my previous post....)

Clue - one way to spot the old slow beat Asia 7750 was the phoney microregulator ;)

PS. My watch has the fast beat movement......

Edited by r11co

No no no!! B)

Neither of them looks like that old movememnt, but I suspect one of them may have started life as one (and the reason for my suspicions are in my previous post....)

Clue - one way to spot the old slow beat Asia 7750 was the phoney microregulator ;)

PS. My watch has the fast beat movement......

Hmmm....I was using the balance wheel jewel as an identifier but this may have been the wrong indicator.

http://perfect-clones.com/popup_image.php?...073&image=6

On the two above it looks as though the case size may be the same, and the one with the brass movement just has a larger diameter movement space. Look at how much more meat is on the edge of River/TTK's.

@TTK - Still waiting on my Dad's quartz Brown TAG Carrera (I guess the EMS police issues aren't helping) but if you get decent skele-back automatic reps of that watch (I want blue AND black) I guarantee you will sell them faster than you can get them. ...especially if they are as close to gen as these latest Link reps you have been getting. PLEASE pass that on to your watchsmiths. I am good for at elast two for myself and one as a gift....and I am sure the line will form quickly the day you post pics.

The new TAG Carrera is sure to become a classic. With a leather strap and in brown it reminds me of a porche interior, with guages and all. What a great looking watch! I almost bought the Gen and went for the PO instead because of the co-ax movement.

PLEASE NEIL - Find us that rep!!!

Hmmm....I was using the balance wheel jewel as an identifier but this may have been the wrong indicator.

http://perfect-clones.com/popup_image.php?...073&image=6

Hmm - you've got me thinking now. I was going by the screw on the bridge being recessed on the King watch but sticking out proud on River's as this is where the fake microregulator would be attached.

Anyway, the easiest way to tell without taking the back off is to look at the sweep of the big second hand with the chronos working...

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have pic's of the side of the watch?

@TTK: why do you like the grey dial best? How's the blue/black version in terms of accuracy? White?

White/black dials don't exist in genuine version hence if you're looking for a perfect accuracy you should go for grey or blue dial.

Thanks Ruyaku.

As a matter of fact, can you post images of a straight side shot? I checked out the real deal a few weeks ago and it was VERY thick. Does this rep have the same dimensions?

Is the King version the same as the TTK version?

Is there an ETA version?

Yes, King and TTK versions are identical.

Yes, it's pretty thick (1.4-1.5 cm) :)

No Eta version, only asian movement available.

post-458-1152471261_thumb.jpg

King has a white version of this watch. Is this an accurate rep?

Which one do you have (part no.) and is this the same watch as the picture posted on the first page?

Thanks R.

*On Edit: at the watch store, I was given a Tag that was extremely thick and heavy (way thicker than my Rolex and heavier). It was either this one or the "Carerra". The closing latch on this watch was one long piece, btw, not like the one pictured on the link chrono.

Which one was it? :)

Edited by purspeed

King has a white version of this watch. Is this an accurate rep?

I got mine from King, watch is the same with different dial color.

Accuracy is the same but both versions don't exist in genuine versions.

Which one do you have (part no.) and is this the same watch as the picture posted on the first page?

Yes, same watch with black dial (i love it). :)

http://www.watchesplanet.com/cgi-bin/shop....l=CV2010.BA0786

Is a fine quality rep available of this?

There's a pretty good version with not working chrono if i'm not wrong.

Try to ask TTK. :)

the outer bezel (outside grey part of the dial) is a little too thick just like the breitling models...

you can definitely see it in the rep vs gen comparison...

but, fix the outer bezel, date alignment & font and I am in for all colors!!!

Edited by poopypants

the outer bezel (outside grey part of the dial) is a little too thick just like the breitling models...

you can definitely see it in the rep vs gen comparison...

but, fix the outer bezel, date alignment & font and I am in for all colors!!!

Outer bezel issue: i'm not sure you're right and i saw the genuine version before purchasing.

Anyway i reckon difference, if there is , is barely noticeable.

Sorry mate but if you're looking for a perfect watch you're in the wrong place. :)

Try timezone.com. :D