When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Egiziano hommage from RWC

V

With all the talk lately for the Gen Egiziano for sale I wanted to post here about a hommage I really like..

Expensive for a rep though and I cannot justify 1100$ for it. But it is very beautiful I think..

I wish some of our collectors knew where those are made and could source it for half price ;)

egi_front.jpg

More details here:

http://www.retrospectwatch.com/1954.html

http://tougeking.blogspot.com/2007/03/rwc-...i-egyptian.html

ok

the gen big egiziano is 65mm in diameter with angelus motor...

this ``hommage`` is to small and i think for this ultra rare beast is better the original size

i good dealer work for a 1:1 watch...

i think in 2-3 mounts is here

i work a little egiziano(6154)

the hommages MM20 and MM25 from rxw is better and really design

Yes,,,that is a nice piece and RWC seems to make some good quality watches,,,I had the 1938 and recall that the overall quality was much higher than the typical rep. The only two bad things about this watch is the overal size,,I mean it's just too big. and the lum is supposed to be very poor.

ok

the gen big egiziano is 65mm in diameter with angelus motor...

this ``hommage`` is to small and i think for this ultra rare beast is better the original size

i good dealer work for a 1:1 watch...

i think in 2-3 mounts is here

i work a little egiziano(6154)

the hommages MM20 and MM25 from rxw is better and really design

It is not supposed to be a 1:1 to the original watch. It is a similar design (hommage) not a copy, but wearable so it is better. :)

Yes,,,that is a nice piece and RWC seems to make some good quality watches,,,I had the 1938 and recall that the overall quality was much higher than the typical rep. The only two bad things about this watch is the overal size,,I mean it's just too big. and the lum is supposed to be very poor.

Size of the RWC is 47mm so it is not big.. and lume it is decent but it will require a nice relume in tritium yellow by The Zigmeister :)

i would build a 111 case better as Jimmy Fu case

i would build a thick PAM crown... better as PALP crown but for half price

i would build a 6512 case special for angelus movements

i would build a 3646 case special for cortebert 616

i would... i would... i would... and i am sure i would build the best GERMAN quality for reasonable price

but i can

i would build a 111 case better as Jimmy Fu case

i would build a thick PAM crown... better as PALP crown but for half price

i would build a 6512 case special for angelus movements

i would build a 3646 case special for cortebert 616

i would... i would... i would... and i am sure i would build the best GERMAN quality for reasonable price

but i can

@t

Not all of the above are trademarked and illegal to do...

The 3646 case for example is perfectly legal to make it :)

Or the 6152 case if it is just Marina Militare without crown guard ;)

@V

many rep producers and hobby watchmakers who copy PAM parts... also on paneristi... but Richmont aren

I would have never guessed this was only 47......did you ever see the wrist shots of this watch? I would have guessed it was around 60. It must have been on some small wrist,,,,I mean, 47 is around a fiddy.

Chris, the guy wearing it jetan (Jose) has less than 6 inch wrists.. So it is basically like a child wearing the watch :p

With normal wrists it can be pulled off lightly harder than the fiddy. :)

Ask and you will receive..

The watch is already in the production line from a rep dealer and it will finish and start selling beginning of May with normal rep price.

Ask and you will receive..

The watch is already in the production line from a rep dealer and it will finish and start selling beginning of May with normal rep price.

What watch are they repping? The Egiziano or this homage one?

I actually prefer this Egiziano homage watch, much more:

titanic.jpg

I know DSN was supposed to be working on a version of the Egiziano, but that was last year and he promised in a few weeks and never delivered. The hard part is finding a movement with the correct subdial spacing.

What watch are they repping? The Egiziano or this homage one?

I actually prefer this Egiziano homage watch, much more:

titanic.jpg

I know DSN was supposed to be working on a version of the Egiziano, but that was last year and he promised in a few weeks and never delivered. The hard part is finding a movement with the correct subdial spacing.

I like the one on the left.. But it seems it is HUGE and probably unwearable. And it is probably OK wearing a gen Egiziano in 60+ size but wearing a rep that big is ridicilous.

Where someone can find this watch? Don;t know anything about it. The right one is the XaMas made by Ennebi and sold by Strapmasters in US.

DSN as he told me is probably working on the homage RWC one. He is already selling their 1938A version :)